Greetings, rookie from Northern Virginia.

NoVaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've been lurking around this site for a few weeks now. I have been trying to sort out various preconceived ideas about Viper owners, and, for the most part, I have, I guess.

I'm 26 now and have been dreaming of owning a Viper for a while now and think it's really coming close to happening. I've sold my STS'd '01 Camaro and my 07 Charger SRT-8 so I could concentrate on saving up for the Viper. I think a white with blue striped 05/06 SRT-10 Coupe is the next in my lineup. Beautiful cars.

I hope to be ranked an owner one day, but seeing as it's going to be my next birthday present and that's not until May, I'm going to try and sponge up as much information so I don't make the wrong choice.

Thanks for reading.
- Justin.

OP
OP
N

NoVaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I was lurking on another Viper site to find out how they treated newbies and they all seemed really "I own a Viper, I'm better than you." But I have found out on this site, everyone seems to be fairly level headed and open-armed (for the lack of a better word). I guess there are some in every crowd, though.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Justin, I know EXACTLY what 'other' site you are referring to!~! I'll never ever visit it or post there.
THIS is the ONLY Viper site...period. SO much help here, SO many friendly people, SO much good advice. Glad you found a Viper you're working towards...you had some nice cars too~!
Viper Fever...it never goes away~!! GOOD LUCK to ya....juli

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agree, I lurked at the 'other' viper site and was too afraid to post haha. Here everyone is open to help no matter whether you own a Viper yet, or not.

Good luck on your Viper hunt! Mine too, will be a bday present to myself for my 25th birthday.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that the other site is mainly like a "roast." Like giving your best friends a load of s*%t whenever they suggest something. The problem is that it generally comes off as silly teenage keyboard clown antics to anyone other than the twelve people that really get into it. It is often painful; but, sometimes amusing to read through the juvenile banter that pervades even the serious threads. A lot of folks just puffing and strutting behind a computer screen.

If you are interested in serious mods to your car, there is very good information and knowledgeable people over there; but, I think you can get the same info here without the silly BS.

OP
OP
N

NoVaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, when I noticed the relatively lengthy registration process, I figured this site meant business. So far, I've learned quite a bit. I have to do some searches on a couple of topics, but I think I'll not have a lot of extraneous questions. With that being said. let me ramble for a moment.

I have often wondered about the actual purchasing of this car. Is it common to still barter the final price of one of these cars even if it seems like a decent price, or, IYO, would the seller/dealer look down on you for trying to get a Viper for less than they're asking? I'll be honest, I can't afford a brand new one out right, but do those who can afford it negotiate the price? A new one is mid-90's, I think. Is that what they actually go for?

conceptpi916

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The dealers WILL negotiate with you and shouldnt look down on you for trying to get the best price you can(who cares if they do, take your business elsewhere).

In early 2008, I offered the dealer 15K less than retail and 20k less than he was asking with markup. They laughed at me, I left my phone # and left. Guess what, they called me a few weeks later and guess who had last laugh (because I didnt go to the salesman that laughed at me). I got a great deal and saved alot of money.

Never pay retail!! Its un-:usa:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always go with what you can afford, and always ask for the BEST price possible...you can easily walk! (I have, many, MANY times). As stated, who CARES if they look down on you, if they do, quickly move on to another dealer. If no one has what you're looking for, THAT is where you can contact the dealers here on the site to see if they have what you want...and yes, for what price.
GOOD LUCK to you...it's not a lengthy registration process here on this site at all...let us know when you have your Viper, and we'll walk ya thru it! All my best~~~juli

OP
OP
N

NoVaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for everything.

The comment about the registration was just referring to all the information that was requested. Full name, phone number, etc. All other car forums I've joined have only required a first name and an email address. I enjoy it though and think the friendly attitude of this site is very welcoming.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've bought several vipers. Once from a dealer and there was no bargaining on price... (different economic times..?)... I'd advise you to try to find a private seller who knows his car and can give you it's history and documentation. Nearly everyone asks for more than they expect to get so make an offer then find common ground. Enjoy the search and try not to be in a hurry. Buying a viper is the same as buying any other car.

See you out there.

My .02

= J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper