Time to face facts...

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My name is Jack.... and I am a Viperholic.

So here is my story, for those interested. I had been searching nationwide for a perfect '65-67 Corvette for about 5 years (though my lovely wife would say it seemed eternal). I was close to pulling the trigger on a nice '65 396/425 horse in California when I talked to a neighbor 5 houses down last August who was thinking of selling his Viper. Turns out it was a black '99 GTS. He bought it new in Houston, had it shipped directly to Hennessey and then up here to VA. He did not simply have the car modified, he bought all new components (intake, heads, pumpkin) and had those modified. He also put in a roll hoop and Simpson 5 points. Since then he kept it in his hermetically sealed garage and has put a grand total of 4200 miles on it. I thought about it for a year and then about 5 weeks ago it became mine!! Best decision I have ever made. I absolutely LOVE this car. I have adopted all the typical Viper owner behaviors... I stare at it in the garage, start it just to listen to it idle, refuse to let it out of my sight in public. This is not my first high performance car, but I can tell you that there is nothing I have had that comes close to the Viper. I have all of the original factory parts (along with 24 forged pistons, 3 cams and various other bits and pieces) and every bit of paper ever generated on it. I have to say, I feel really lucky that this car fell into my lap.

It has been said that this is the best car club on the planet. I have been to two awesome chapter events and can say that these are great people (thanks Kelly et al!). It's great to know that there are people as sick as I am out there.

OK, I know that this thread is 'worthless without pics'. I haven't taken any good ones yet but here is what I have. Just to be different I also included a YouTube link a video that I made on the way home from the VA/MD lunch Sunday.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQPXNtvx600[/media]

Thanks for listening. Group therapy is good. I am headed out to the garage to clean my engine compartment or something. Maybe I'll paint my hood vents white......:D

Attachments

• IMG_0194.jpg
    IMG_0194.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0212.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 25

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See you out there B-Snake !!!

Where in NOVA are you? look for me mostly around Oakton and points west. My '94 likes the mountains and country roads.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are two other red gen 1s in the Fairfax area (that I know of)... who occasionally post here. You probably found one of them but yeah, it may have been me too.

OP
OP
B

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chuck! I have already called you but you were out! I need some new hatch struts. Or some hatch ******!!! I will call you again tomorrow.