Iowa Viper Owners

Wedge500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan :2tu: Personally either day works fine for me. Unfortunately, my wife has to work this weekend so I will be flying solo.

How many of us are planning on joining in on the little get together?

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan :2tu: Personally either day works fine for me. Unfortunately, my wife has to work this weekend so I will be flying solo.

How many of us are planning on joining in on the little get together?

Hey Wedge. As far as I know, myself and BamBam from around CR are in. There are several from the QC area that have expressed coming as well. I am hoping to simply meet as many other Viper owners from around here as possible. :D We are fewer and farther between than in some other areas around the country.

Wedge500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There are several from the QC area that have expressed coming as well.

Cool :headbang: I am looking forward to meeting both of you.

I am one of those Quad Cities guys and have sent an email to "ViperCollector" to see if he will be joining us. Hopefully we can get a nice group together.

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like Sunday is going to be the day.:headbang: I have visited with others, and the consensus is to meet at ******* :2tu: in the Quad Cities for lunch at 11:30 and leave there at 12:30. From there we thought a nice drive :drive: along the river up to Savanah maybe and then as a group decide from there. Very informal. Even if you don't want to order at *******, we would love to have as many show up at 11:30 as possible for a few pictures.

Wedge, do you think you could rally the QC guys? And remember.. all makes welcome!! Let's have some fun!!!

Wedge500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds Good :2tu:

I sent an email with this information to ViperCollector. He has a nice list of local owners that he has been developing. Hopefully he can send out an email to everyone. :)

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll forward the info to my mailing list. Make sure you contact ******* and let them know you're coming - their parking leaves a lot to be desired. Savanna is my hometown - I know the area well!

Last edited:

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll forward the info to my mailing list. Make sure you contact ******* and let them know you're coming - their parking leaves a lot to be desired. Savanna is my hometown - I know the area well!

That's fantastic! You can point us as to the best route to Savanna!!:drive::drive::drive:

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's fantastic! You can point us as to the best route to Savanna!!:drive::drive::drive:

Gladly. There are two routes, one up the Iowa side for part of the way, and the other up the IL side (a tad longer). Both take you right alongside the Mississippi. There's heavy construction on the I80 bridge still, so the Iowa side will be most convenient. Unfortunately both routes are usually pretty well patroled. :D On the route back, the IL side has less construction, so we can take that route if everyone wants different scenery.

In Savanna there is the state park on the north side, or a stop in town for ice cream at the Tastee Freez is always a family favorite. I'd highly suggest filling up (if needed) in either the Quad Cities or Clinton, IA (cheaper in Clinton usually), as Illinois gas prices are :omg:.

Scott

OP
OP

10BamBam01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've received some interest from some folks that are going to be riding Harleys along with us on Sunday. Probably 4 - 6 bikes right now, maybe more.

I say we pull out all the stops and invite anyone with a bike or a hot rod to join us and have a great ride on one of the last nice days of the year around here! If we don't all fit in *******' parking lot I'm sure there's a place to park somewhere around there (lawn, sidewalk, inside the building, etc).

Come on, Viper Nation!!!! Let's get as many out as we can this weekend!!!

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have nothing against others joining us. Hopefully we can get all the Vipers together for a pic though. I have plenty of opportunity to cruise with all kinds of rods and classics but not that many opportunities to have multiple vipers together.

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What a great turnout with only a few day's notice. We had 10 Vipers present at *******, and six that went on the cruise to Savanna, IL! As promised, here are some photos in no particular order:

You must be registered for see images attach

Staged at a gas station in Clinton, IA (those thirsty Vipers from Cedar Rapids needed a fill)

Lined up at ******* and ready to roll out

Sing along - "Which of these things just doesn't belong here..."

Yep, that's some BLING! Swarovski crystal emblem! (car has 22" wheels also)

Rocket62's "Don't call it maroon" Street Serpent

Three future ******* employees (or are they pole dancers?!?!) - the two on the right are mine...

More shots of *******

The owners

******* again

and again

One of the lookout points at Palisades State Park in Savanna, IL

State park again!

As people cleared out, a handful of us (two Vipers, a Vette and the quickest Neon you'll ever see) got the chance to do some 'spirited' driving on the back roads of Carroll County. Things got so hot we even set a farmhouse on fire! ;)

We're already planning on a Spring cruise, hope to see more people out there! I'm collecting email addresses of people within 100 or so miles of the QC area, let me know if you'd like to be on the list!

Scott

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pix! It was an awesome time. Wish we could have done it again today as temps were even better. :)

Wedge500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Here are some more pics from the cruise this Sunday:)

Starting to line them up at ******* :D

Our Group at the lookout in Palisades Park :cool:

More from ******* :2tu:

Love Those Carbon Fiber Stripes Jeff :headbang:

A shot from the back of the group while Cruisin :drive:

The Lil' Viper surrounded by some Venom ;)

V

Venomiss

Those are great pictures and nice to see a good show of Vipers.

Combat Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All that was missing was my SSG Viper! Hope to see everyone in the spring if I get some time off from Afghanistan!

SteveD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I am new to the VCA and live in Bettendorf. I would like to bring my viper and meet you guys. Please keep me posted on any events or cruises that might be taking place.

Thanks,

Steve D.

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to set up a weekend here in Des Moines for this year, I need help with the planning etc. I have lots of pre-planning done, and it could be epic. If anyone can assist, that would be great!!

Wedge500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I am new to the VCA and live in Bettendorf. I would like to bring my viper and meet you guys. Please keep me posted on any events or cruises that might be taking place.

Thanks,

Steve D.

Always glad to meet another Viper owner in the QC area.

Hopefully we can all meet up as soon as the weather decides to finally stay nice for awhile.

Wedge500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm trying to set up a weekend here in Des Moines for this year, I need help with the planning etc. I have lots of pre-planning done, and it could be epic. If anyone can assist, that would be great!!

Hopefully we can convince some of the QC area owners to take a little cruise out to the Des Moines area to meet up with you guys.

Reaction score
Hopefully we can convince some of the QC area owners to take a little cruise out to the Des Moines area to meet up with you guys.

I know we are not from IA., but you should also invite the folks from Nebraska to meet up with all of you if you go to Des Moines, the more the merrier I say. :drive: