Vett vs. viper

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We came from a his and hers Vettes Family and are now a His and Hers Viper Family - that road is not uncommon.

At the time I remember reading a post where someoen said with a Vette they changed cars every year - with Vipers every generation. That was and is true. The Vette made me smile - particularly at first, we had z06's - not bad but not quite 'enough'. Always felt like we were wanting more (well that is a perm state but at least enough to be satisfied).

The Viper - WoW - it just is MORE everything. More unusual, more looks, more torque (no more downshifting to take off), more power, better handling around corners - handles like it is on rails! After many many sports cars Vipers are the first one that have always satisfied and don't make you just smile - but darn right grin EVERY time you drive. You do have to know how to drive as there is no nanny tech so remember - do not increase deceleration when you turn your wheel and take a performance driving class when NARRA is in your area to master the macine and be prepared to GRIN - a lot!

Enjoy and be safe! :drive:

ViperGal

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, my ACR has a cup holder, not that I would have designed it that way but it does.

Vettes versus Vipers? I own a C6 Z06 and love it; however, if I had to part with one of the cars it would be the Vette.

The Viper is just too much fun to drive and true it is rougher but sure handles.

As far as hot? I never owned an older Viper so wouldn't know, the 08 AC will freeze you out.

Frankster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper is a purpose built car. It's designed to kick ass and take names. There really isn't a comparison to a Vett....... They're two totally different animals.

Don't have any apprehensions with buying the Viper. Just do it and enjoy the learning pleasure that comes from something new and exciting.

The mystique and awe of owning a Viper are well worth the price of admission. Leave the Vett for grandma.

BolsOut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My Experience:
Went for a drive yesterday with a friend who owns an 09 Vette (stock base model). I have an 05 Copperhead. We did some driving in the hills above Santa Barbara. Swapped cars in Solvang after feeding the Ostriches(almost lost my little finger to an Emu.:omg:
First time I've ever driven a Vette. Very impressive. Quiet, smooth, fast. Third & Fourth gear are fun on the freeway. Six-Speed tranny WAY better than the Viper. Comfy seats, lotsa gizmos (had more gizmos in the rearview mirror than my entire car). But as I followed my car southbound on the 101, all I could think was "Man, thats a BadA$$ lookin Beast". Kinda forgot what I was driving.
:usa:
The Viper Sticks with you. It rubs you raw in all the right places. It isnt gentle or kind. It might even hate you. It will kill you if you let it.

The Vette was nice.
;)

VENUM INJECTION

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought my Viper without ever riding or sitting in one. I just knew it was bad to the bone and fit my personality. I could not be more pleased with my choice. I love the fact that it takes skill to drive it. It is a car that my grandmother could not get into and drive. It is just like BolsOut said and those are all the reasons I love it. As far as cup holders-lol, the ashtray cup is not a cup holder but if you insist on having one it will work, but I would hold onto whatever you are drinking unless you want a cleaning bill. Let us know what you decide.

EZ 2B Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you go with a Gen III Viper, budget in a Gen IV exhaust system (no crossover) and a set of the non-run flat tires.
Guys who modded their Gen IV exhaust system already may sell you their factory system for a good price.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Experience:
Went for a drive yesterday with a friend who owns an 09 Vette (stock base model). I have an 05 Copperhead. We did some driving in the hills above Santa Barbara. Swapped cars in Solvang after feeding the Ostriches(almost lost my little finger to an Emu.:omg:
First time I've ever driven a Vette. Very impressive. Quiet, smooth, fast. Third & Fourth gear are fun on the freeway. Six-Speed tranny WAY better than the Viper. Comfy seats, lotsa gizmos (had more gizmos in the rearview mirror than my entire car). But as I followed my car southbound on the 101, all I could think was "Man, thats a BadA$$ lookin Beast". Kinda forgot what I was driving.
:usa:
The Viper Sticks with you. It rubs you raw in all the right places. It isnt gentle or kind. It might even hate you. It will kill you if you let it.

The Vette was nice.
;)

great post, you captured my feeling exactly about the vette, and you are a great writer, is that your profession?

I have owned 6 vettes, I had to sell one car and I knew when I walked out in the garage 2 mos ago it was gonna be the Z06. Gave me 100K+miles of fun at the track and I had a LOTTA good GREAT memories in it:D

BUT...whoah the snake I mean come ON, I would have been cryin' my EYES out if that had to go:lmao:I just LOOK at it and I get all funny.

The 'trading cars' thing, it's like, "ok we both took a bite of each other's dessert, now can we swap back?" haha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper