Just picked up my first Viper!

ViperVeryOrange

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I own and have owned many '60's and '70's Mopar Muscle cars and felt it was time to get some modern day Mopar Muscle. Well, I did it! I just got an '08 Viper SRT 10 Coupe in Very Viper Orange. I just love it!

Attachments

• 08 Orange Viper just got home resized.jpg
    08 Orange Viper just got home resized.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 08 Orange Viper just got home 2b.jpg
    08 Orange Viper just got home 2b.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrads!!!! You are gonna love the car. I got mine (snakeskin vert) this past sunday and have put over 200 miles on it. Make sure to p.m. your vin. to one of the mods and they can upgrade you to owner status then, join the club itself and take part in all the madness that is being a viper owner!!!.:2tu::D

OP
OP
V

ViperVeryOrange

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So, now that you have had some time to play, how does it compare to the muscle cars you have had?

:eater:

I tell ya, it's not like the old Muscle Cars at all! Other than a lot of power! The torque and cornering abilities are awesome. With the Muscle cars I have a lot of nostalgia. The Viper is an adrenalin booster! It's a whole different feeling in the Viper and I look forward to getting a lot more goose bump miles under my belt behind the wheel.:2tu:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tell ya, it's not like the old Muscle Cars at all! Other than a lot of power! The torque and cornering abilities are awesome. With the Muscle cars I have a lot of nostalgia. The Viper is an adrenalin booster! It's a whole different feeling in the Viper and I look forward to getting a lot more goose bump miles under my belt behind the wheel.:2tu:

Very nice!

By the way, that goose bump adrenaline feeling does not go away! :yay:

Three years for me and everytime I even look at it....:yay::nana:

OP
OP
V

ViperVeryOrange

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here are a couple of my "Old" Mopar Muscle cars. My '66 Hemi Belvedere II 4 speed car and my '71 Demon 340 4 speed car. Both numbers matching low mileage cars.

Attachments

• 66 Hemi Belv II left front 2.jpg
    66 Hemi Belv II left front 2.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 71 Purple Demon 340 4 spd lf 1.jpg
    71 Purple Demon 340 4 spd lf 1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 12

Nyoka

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Love the '66 Belvedere! I ran a 4-speed '67 GTX with a serious HEMI (12.5:1, etc. Spun it off a 600 HP dyno at the machine shop with 1,000 RPM to spare); low-to-mid 11 second car, restricted by terrible street rubber choices at the time. Stepping into that second 4-barrel at ~4,000 RPM was a unique experience with 14" wheels and a 4:10 rear end. (Not unlike the GEN IV Viper @3,800 in first.) Handled like a school bus - no power steering - and stopped nearly as well, but made me smile every time I fired it up.

I bought a new '08 SRT10 Coupe last year and re-experienced the joy of pure HP and big cubes, but now I can actually turn and stop the car on demand. After 15,000 miles I can say without reservation that this car would stomp my old HEMI yet it still delivers raw 'muscle car' feedback and an even greater adrenalin buzz thanks to its handling capabilities. I believe the Viper is the only true American muscle car left and am certain you'll grow to appreciate the evolution of MOPAR engineering from your '66 to the present-day Viper. I particularly love the TREMEC 6-speed (vs. rowing the tow-truck 4-speed they hooked up to the old HEMI).

The lesson I learned quickly with the Gen IV Viper is that it comes as advertised: it goes exactly where it's pointed and, unless you're going in a straight line, getting on the gas or brakes hard can lead to misfortune; exercise some restraint. I keep 2 hands on the wheel.

If you haven't been to a track, try to get out to one: you will enjoy this machine like nothing you've ever driven before. It's also an awesome highway cruiser and, so far, as reliable as my wife's Honda.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth