Might buy this viper, could someone check the vin please?

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking at buying this Viper. If someone could check this vin, I would appreciate it so much. 1b3jz65z35v500220

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CarFax says "no problems"
Last mialage was recorded 20mi!!!!

Year purchased 2004
Type of owner Corporate fleet lease
Estimated length of ownership 4 yrs. 7 mo.
Owned in the following states/provinces Texas
Estimated miles driven per year ---
Last reported odometer reading 20

Title History
CARFAX guarantees the information in this section Owner 1

Salvage | Junk | Rebuilt | Fire | Flood | Hail | Lemon Guaranteed
No Problem
Not Actual Mileage | Exceeds Mechanical Limits Guaranteed
No Problem
GUARANTEED - None of these major title problems were reported by a state Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). If you find that any of these title problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.

Register | View Terms

Additional History
Not all accidents / issues are reported to CARFAX Owner 1

Total Loss
No total loss reported to CARFAX.
No Issues Reported
Structural / Frame Damage
No structural / frame damage reported to CARFAX.
No Issues Reported
Airbag Deployment
No airbag deployment reported to CARFAX.
No Issues Reported
Odometer Rollback
No indication of an odometer rollback.
No Issues Indicated
Accident / Damage
No accidents or damage reported to CARFAX.
No Issues Reported
Manufacturer Recall
No open recalls reported to CARFAX.
No Recalls Reported
Basic Warranty
Original warranty estimated to have expired. Interested in an extended warranty? Warranty
Expired

09/13/2004 5 Team Dodge Chrysler Jeep
Huntsville, TX
936-295-2277
Team, New Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep dealership in Huntsville, TX 77340
ww.teamhuntsville.c
om Pre-delivery inspection completed
12/31/2004 20 Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Phoenix, AZ
Title #23630038363130800 Title issued or updated
First owner reported
Registered as
corporate lease vehicle

Don't be confused by the two locations in this record. The title was held in Phoenix, Arizona but the car was registered to be driven in Texas.

01/01/2006 Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Phoenix, AZ
Title #23630038363130800 Registration issued or renewed
Registered as lease vehicle
Passed safety inspection
03/01/2008 Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Denison, TX
Title #23630038363130800 Registration issued or renewed
Registered as lease vehicle
Passed safety inspection

OP
OP
C

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you so much! The guy said that the car was in a minor accident and needed a new bumper and right fender. He said certified technicians fixed it. Wouldnt that show up on a carfax?

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It probably should have. That's why carfax/carcheck and the like are a reference guide but certainly not an absolute. Carfax only reports what is reported to them. A car can definitely have had major damage and show up clean on a carfax. I almost bought a late model Mercedes that showed perfect on carfax, but indeed had recent serious damage and repair. I had it checked it myself and the repair was found.

Once again, run carfax to see what has been reported, but have the car checked out yourself.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you so much! The guy said that the car was in a minor accident and needed a new bumper and right fender. He said certified technicians fixed it. Wouldnt that show up on a carfax?

Right fender? Is that the rear fender he's talking about? :confused: Because there is NO front fender! It is part of the hood.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would stay away from it. Run the VIN # in Google. It was at an insurance auto auction and some results indicate "salvage". IMO, that would be a red flag. :confused:

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting. The CarFax report that 1994viper posted does not show what make & model the car is, or was that obvious information truncated when he cut'n'pasted?

Bob

OP
OP
C

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting. The CarFax report that 1994viper posted does not show what make & model the car is, or was that obvious information truncated when he cut'n'pasted?

Bob

What is weird is that the Title is in AZ, Registered in TX, and the car is currently in ND... *** lol

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have any police friends, ask them to run an Oasis report on the car. It will dredge up a bit more history, such as any time it may have been towed, the reason why, and possibly some more detail about any accident history. You might also ask the owner where the car has been serviced and get their records.

OP
OP
C

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He only paid 21,000 for the car? Also, The car isn't salvage but was at a salvage auction?

Last edited:
V

Venomiss

Why take a chance when there are so many good Vipers out there to choose from?
Good luck.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NEVER wire anyone money under those circumstances!!!! There are plenty of no excuse Vipers out there dont rush to buy it...I myself would never buy any car with that mixed up history...RUN Forrest RUN...:omg: Kevin

OP
OP
C

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NEVER wire anyone money under those circumstances!!!! There are plenty of no excuse Vipers out there dont rush to buy it...I myself would never buy any car with that mixed up history...RUN Forrest RUN...:omg: Kevin

Believe me, this isn't my ideal situation but Bill Kay Chevrolet ripped me off. (please leave their name on here because they scammed me horribly and now I am taking the hit) I bought my 05 corvette 2 years ago from them and they never disclosed that the car was affected by the lemon law. (Manufacturer buyback). This guy with the 05 Viper with the sketchy history is willing to do a trade+ 8500. I am at his mercy because anywhere I go to trade it in, it is the first thing that pops up and is KILLING my trade in. That would be the only good thing of GM crashed, see them go under. :evilmad:

OP
OP
C

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I figured this out. The owner of the car is ryan friesz. I googled him, and I believe he is an owner of an automotive shop/ dealership. I bet he bought the car for 21,000 at auction (he claims no), repaired it, (had front end damage), and now is reselling it. It is the only explanation that I can think of since it has only had 300 miles put on it since auction (probably because of repairs) and the reason why it isn't reported on carfax. If he owns a collision shop and fixed it himself and never alerted car fax, it would never show an accident correct? Now I am a bit weary because how do I know that there was no major/frame damage? It is hard for me to deal with anyone because of my cars history.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm afraid if you trade your Vette for this, you'll be even worse off. Maybe that's why he is willing to do the deal!!! And think, if you go to sell this 05 Viper in the future, you are going to be haunted by its history again. No buyer! I wouldn't spend another minute researching this car. Take our advice and RUN AWAY!!!

OP
OP
C

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm afraid if you trade your Vette for this, you'll be even worse off. Maybe that's why he is willing to do the deal!!! And think, if you go to sell this 05 Viper in the future, you are going to be haunted by its history again. No buyer! I wouldn't spend another minute researching this car. Take our advice and RUN AWAY!!!

I know what you mean, but it is so tempting since the carfax is clean.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What year is your Vette and why was it bought back ? Are those problems resolved ? Does it have a clean title now ? Were the problems major ? I would first concentrate on selling your Vette and THEN finding a no issues SRT-10 but I do understand the urge to get a Viper..As Brian above said you dont want to go from bad to worse..And oh-yeah..RANGERS RULE..:headbang:
NY'er for 47yrs...

OP
OP
C

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What year is your Vette and why was it bought back ? Are those problems resolved ? Does it have a clean title now ? Were the problems major ? I would first concentrate on selling your Vette and THEN finding a no issues SRT-10 but I do understand the urge to get a Viper..As Brian above said you dont want to go from bad to worse..And oh-yeah..RANGERS RULE..:headbang:
NY'er for 47yrs...

It was all little stuff under 5000 miles like catalytic converts needed to be replaced, horn module, and the e-brake. Nothing major but I called to get quoted on trading it in and as soon as they see that branded title, they either have no interest or I get offered dirt. It ***** because I have never had problems with the car. P.S- you mean the Sabres rule lol

Last edited:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe Lee permits the posting of an ad that isn't on the VCA classifieds as well.

This is clearly not someone posting in an attempt to get free advertising, it's a potential buyer asking our help in evaluating a car, and as the evaluation ain'g going so well it's not doing the seller any good.
Bottom line is there were no advertising dollars being avoided by this posting.
That is not to say that we have not had the problem of someone posting an ebay ad and saying what do you guys think of this one....We have ways of determining if the poster and seller are the same in those cases and those get removed..

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bob

Sorry about that. Here it is:

2005 DODGE VIPER SRT-10
VIN: 1B3JZ65Z35V500220
CONVERTIBLE
8.3L V10 SFI
REAR WHEEL DRIVE

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a nutshell................

A) Your at no ones mercy except your own.
B) Your desire to own a Viper has distorted any logic you may have.
C) Your buying a salvaged car with 56,000+ miles and because the CARFAX report says it's OK that makes you feel good.
D) You got hosed on the Vette, now your willing to take the hose in even deeper on this car.

OP
OP
C

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a nutshell................

A) Your at no ones mercy except your own.
B) Your desire to own a Viper has distorted any logic you may have.
C) Your buying a salvaged car with 56,000+ miles and because the CARFAX report says it's OK that makes you feel good.
D) You got hosed on the Vette, now your willing to take the hose in even deeper on this car.

A) I am at someones mercy in this case if I want to be able to get a decent dollar out of a car and he is wiling to trade. Maybe mercy isnt the right word, maybe I should have said that I have to play by his rules to make things work.
B) Distorted logic? As said in above, I dont want to take a $20000 hit for owning a car for 2 years and could have been a good time to unload it for a car I want.
C)A salvaged car? It has a clear title, so unless you consider anything that has arguements had any damage salvage, then in that case it is. (The car probably is a hunk but I am just saying for sake.)
D)Well things are starting to clear up. I may have got hosed on the Vette , but I called the dealership and they are supposably going to fix this situation (I will find out monday) As far as the hose on this Viper, you are probably right. That is why I am going to steer clear. Between the accident and the title in AZ, registration in TX, and the car in ND, it sounds like nothing good could come out of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets