04 Convertible to Coupe Conversion with a Flat Black Wrap

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a buddy's car. He participated in the gumball 3000 this year, and they wrapped the car for the event. After seeing my car, he really wished he had a coupe to begin with. He had Taylor at Dallas Performance convert the car over to a coupe, with the help of XVipers. He's still awaiting several parts from Michael, but is unable to get in contact with him :(

Here is the before photo:

You must be registered for see images attach

After:

This is only a 3 week wrap to hold him over until he get's his other car back from Dallas Performance. The Viper will be getting an ACR style paintjob with a ultra-**** twist. ACR aero parts have been ordered from XVipers for a few weeks now. I'll post update pics next month hopefully :D

NYC SNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've always wanted to attempt to convert my vert to a coupe. Any rough figures as to how much something like this costs?

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks great. That flat black has got to go. Can't wait to see how it turns out. I too am curious as to the cost of that conversion.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
would'nt it have been cheaper to just trade the car in on a coupe?

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i guess i would have to see it in person...the inside of the panels still being yellow looks a bit cheesy tho

OP
OP
M

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always wanted to attempt to convert my vert to a coupe. Any rough figures as to how much something like this costs?

I have no idea. I'm sure XViper's could provide you the cost on parts, and Dallas Performance would have to tell you the labor involved. I know the owner said that there are LOTS of small bits and pieces missing though, and that has to be ordered through Dodge.

Looks great. That flat black has got to go. Can't wait to see how it turns out. I too am curious as to the cost of that conversion.

The only black after the paint job will be the aero bits, and wheels I believe. If the execution is as nice as the concept, it should be one of the most beautiful ACR clones out there.

would'nt it have been cheaper to just trade the car in on a coupe?

I'm sure it would have been, but who knows that going into a project. It started off as a 04 Vert, then had stereo work, then the paxton, then the wheels, then... :rolaugh:

The interior is supposed to be covered in alcantara, with diamond stitched leather trim, different seats, etc. but that won't be done till a few months down the road.

OP
OP
M

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i guess i would have to see it in person...the inside of the panels still being yellow looks a bit cheesy tho

Well, the car had a copper hatch with black stripes, 1/2 gumball wrapped front end, black bumper, and yellow rear quarter panels. It would have looked like Ronald McDonald's weekend toy. :lmao:

This wrap is just for a few weeks, until it goes into the paint shop, otherwise he would have had Skinz wrap EVERYTHING.

I do love those rims, what are they?

360 Forged wheels, not sure the name. Maybe Mesh Seven? They will be for sale soon, as he has a different wheel picked out for the new paintjob.