Who's keeping their SRT 100% stock?

gofastr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of SRT owners are modding their cars. I like mine just the way it came from the factory. Anybody else?

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like my car stock - although the exhaust might get changed this year, not for the sound or HP but just to get rid of the crossover pipes and bring down the heat inside.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
so far, tatally stock other than the oil filter which I have changed.

I do plan on adding a 6 point harness and a short shifter.

I'm kicking around headers but $$$ still tight so that's going to be awhile

I may remove the rain guarde and the hood vents, not sure if that counts

most likely I'll do SST brakeline, race pads, add some ducting, stuff like that.....time will tell.

06blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed. The heat from the crossover makes it impossible to keep a Gen 3stock. If you like the stock sound, putting a Gen 4 exhaust on a Gen 3 is the way to go. Same look and sound as a Gen 3, but no heat.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm keeping mine stock. The only thing i'd like to do is get an OEM graphite instrument bezel.

FangZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed. The heat from the crossover makes it impossible to keep a Gen 3stock. If you like the stock sound, putting a Gen 4 exhaust on a Gen 3 is the way to go. Same look and sound as a Gen 3, but no heat.

This is one of the few mods I have done, but I disagree on the sound. The Gen4 exhaust WILL make your Gen3 louder -- which is a good thing! :D

BolsOut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
so far, tatally stock other than the oil filter which I have changed.

I do plan on adding a 6 point harness and a short shifter.

I'm kicking around headers but $$$ still tight so that's going to be awhile

I may remove the rain guarde and the hood vents, not sure if that counts

most likely I'll do SST brakeline, race pads, add some ducting, stuff like that.....time will tell.

Its a slippery slope:smirk:

BolsOut

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Gotta disagree. I just put an '09 exhaust on my '05 last week. Definitely louder. Much different sound.
:2tu:

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't know as far as the sound goes from an oem 08/09 to a gen 3 as I put on the BB exhaust with the Rowe high flow cats. The sound is awesome. But, just from the heat issue alone, the gen 3 exhaust has to be changed.

I went to the VOIX last year. While waiting for the rain to break at the track, I spoke some to Kraig Courtney, who was, may still be, the supervisor of the SRT Engine Team. Really great guy. I asked him what the first thing was he would change on my car and he said the exhaust, no doubt.

It was the first thing I changed and the best mod I made. Now I can ride in it in the summer and as a bonus, the sound is great.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only changes we made to our 2008 and 2009 is swap out the shifter. Stock shifter is just too darned tall. We got MGW short-throw, that's it...nothing more NEEDS to be done~! :2tu: So, I consider them both 'stock'. ~juli

OP
OP
gofastr

gofastr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only changes we made to our 2008 and 2009 is swap out the shifter. Stock shifter is just too darned tall. We got MGW short-throw, that's it...nothing more NEEDS to be done~! :2tu: So, I consider them both 'stock'. ~juli
Your SRT is now 99.9% stock.:D

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I added Sill plates, battery tender and pin stripes to mine. I would like a 2nd set of black powdercoated wheels and then be done.

Bruce

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see leaving the 08+ 600 hp cars stock, but I feel the 03-06 are too damn slow to look that fast. ;)

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My original intention was to leave it stock when I first got my 08. It was so far beyond my C5Z06 I didn't even consider mods. After a few months of driving however, and really getting to know the car, I identified a few areas for improvement for my driving tastes. I did the Mopar PCM for the horrible throttle lag, 3.55 gears, and roe hf cats. Good luck with your car and enjoy it however you like.:drive:

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Stock aint for everyone. I pulled the sunvisors off ass soon as I got home from the dealer. They flap down at about 100. Didn't think the factory interior matched the rest of the car. Redid the seats and trunk in suede. Just finished the door panels and will pull the dash the next time there's a full week of rain. These cars are too fun to drive. Don't hop em up enough that you can't drive them.

You must be registered for see images

And the roadsters def. need a rollbar. The factory alum. tubes are worthless.

Last edited:

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll keep mine mostly stock. Just some creature comfort items I've installed including Seat lowering kit, Cruise Control, iPod Integration kit, and cup holder trim ring.

I've thought about stripes for my solid blue car, but will probably never add them.

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wanted to keep mine all stock but i just put the mopar street exhaust on. i hate the cross over pipe but thats all im doing.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. Stock is too slow. I never leave any of my cars stock. But it is cool when people like to leave their cars stock, just not for me.

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'08 is and will remain the way it came from the dealer. However the dealer installed viper 6disc changer, cf center console, '09 6spoke wheels. So I guess its technally speaking its not how it came from the factory.
'03 I had to change stock crossover exhaust to Roe Racing and stock shifter change to billet and aluminum flywheel replaced stocker and oh yeh cf center console.

eagles

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you may want to re-phrase the question..... "How long were you able to keep your car stock" :D It no doubt takes great restraint to leave these things stock.. I respect you stockers out there you have more will power than the rest of us:2tu:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will realize that there are a few things that can be improved in the car in order to enjoy the car more. Shandon and I just realized that it is a lot more than just a "few" things.

On the plate now is polished intake and 3.33s with the new Giken Superlock rear. Then it will be heads and cam.

But I will tell you this, i will not bolt anything to my car that doesnt improve upon the part it is replacing - You can argue the intake but if you saw it you would say it is worth it. It just puts the engine compartment in another league.

ACRsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 09 ACR will have a corsa track put on and a high performance intake (if i can find one that puts out more power )

P.S Do they have a CD changer out for the non Navi head unit ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave