Looking to buy '03-'05 convertible

DMACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been researching Vipers for about 6 months now and have decided I want to spend around 40k, looking for an 03-05 convertible with around 10k miles. I'm still up in the air on red or silver. There seems to be an abundant amount of them out there, just not in my area (Syracuse, NY). I've found one in Rochester it's an '03 with just over 10k miles on it. The owner is asking 39k for it. He is the second owner bought it from a guy in Maryland and never registered it here in NY?!!?? Seems like a decent deal. Here's the VIN# 1b3jr65z23v500352. I'm going to see it this week does anyone have any suggestion for me? Is is necessary to have an inspection done? I've always heard to buy the newest car you can afford I'm wondering if I should hold out for an 04 or 05. Also I've seen some good deals for cars around the country I'm just leery about buying one sight unseen any thoughts...

Any help would be greatly apprecaited

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive purchased three so far site unseen. just have a vca member look at and drive the car and if all goes well have the owner get it inspected by a Viper tech.

You wont be as limited and can probably find a 05 for around that price or an 03 with mods for the same price.
give Chuck a call for advice though as its nothing he doesnt know about these cars and may have seen the one your referring to.

Xhlr8n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trust me, Your gonna want to mod that thing, gears and exhaust atleast (and that will easily run 4-5k)
and who knows maybe some carbon fiber or bolt on do-dads, and finally a paxton s/c.

hey wait a minute, I got one like that for sale right now, its a beauty and listed in the classifieds, and its only about 9k more than 40k you were thinking of spending. Its silver and it looks and runs incredible, you get the mods for around 1/3 the cost...!

Shameless plug im sorry, Im a founding member of the California Central Valley VCA, and a VCA member for over 10 years, and im very meticulious about my cars. She has never been abused or tracked, only 15k miles, most of the miles are from freeway cruises (trips back and fourth to vegas).

Let me know if you would like more pics or info, Thanks-Tom

OP
OP
D

DMACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys for you help I'm sure I'll be reaching to you.

OP
OP
D

DMACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tom - do you have the details - I did a quick look in the classifieds and couldnt find it. Year/mileage/color...pics would be great- thnx

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DMACK - sorry I just missed you, I was in Rochester until yesterday, but honestly the best advice you can get will come from the Wizard - give him a ring if you haven't yet!
Meanwhile, I found the one you're talking about on ebay - the first thing i notice is the tires - you'll have to plan for changing the pilot ZPs right away for PS2s, especially in the cold/wet upstate.
Also looks like someone added the carpet for the trunk (03s didn't have it from the factory)
Ask them about the warranty also - that can be a great source of confidence on a used Viper.

And as I said before - Call the Viper Wizard!

Good Luck in your search!

-Ed

Xhlr8n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the hook-up on the quick link Venomiss!

Dmack, feel free to call me, Tom @559-696-7385 (fresno-Ca)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave