If Anyone Cares About Viper MPG Results

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought some of you might be interested in our last NY Rally

Here are the results with the corrected mileage which is 72 miles covered. (This correction was an average since the cars ranged from 68 to 75 miles). All the drivers followed the same route from start to our final destination. The first annual Viper Fuel Rally was truly a hit and everyone had an awesome time driving (racing/slow boating) and checking their results.

Jimmy Audet 94 R/T10 fuel consumption: 3.74 Gal. MPG 19.76 :D
mods: k&n filter

Mike Talb 05 SRT fuel consumption: 4.96 Gal. MPG 14.56
mods: Corsa, k&n

Gasper Nogara 02 GTS fuel consumption: 4.64 Gal. MPG 15.53
stock

Lou Dovi 01 GTS fuel consumption: 7.02 Gal. MPG 10.26
mods: Corsa Cat Back, Hi Flow Cats, SCT Tune, k&N

Vito Mercurio 09 SRT fuel consumption: 4.40Gal. MPG 16.38
stock

Richie Snakeskin Green fuel consumption: 4.16Gal. MPG 17.31
Mods: Hi-FLow Cats, comp. tune 3:55 gears

Adrian Byrd 2000 R/T10 fuel consumption: 4.31Gal. MPG 16.70
mods: K&N, Corsa Cat Back

Randy SRT 2005 fuel consumption: 7.40 Gal. MPG 9.72:crazy2:
mods: Only Chuck truly knows

Chazz 99 R/T 10 fuel consumption: 4.68 Gal. MPG 15.38
mods: Cat Back, Hi flow cat, K&N, 3:55 gears

Jaime 04 SRT fuel consumption: 6.73 Gal. MPG 10.70

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what does it mean

what do the numbers mean

i know there is a gold mine of info, but i ain't able to discern it....

help

or was it just about having fun with buds and vipers

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm betting that the guys with the worst gas mileage had the most fun ! At least, for me, the fun factor is inversely proporytional to the mpg numbers.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I betcha if there was another column added for "time" the numbers would make even more since, but that might be too incriminating.....:D

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to know that drivers had a choice - to travel the route and get the best fuel economy, or travel the same route and get the lowest. I think the smiley and the frowney tell you who the two winners were.

That is a fun idea. It consists of a gathering, everyone gets to do their own thing, yet you still do it with everyone else, and there is a lot to chat about when you're done. And it can be done anywhere. Sorry I missed it, but I'm getting my 100 MPG carburetor ready.

OP
OP
V

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to help decifer: all the vipers travelled together, some obviously going faster than others at times but those would drop back and cruise with the group. People would race each other screwing around here and there but for the most part we all drove together. A few of the drivers were strictly going for economy, a few of the drivers were going for burning tons of fuel, and a few in the middle of the pack like me that avg. 15 MPG cruised easy and were ******* the gas a few times. We all traveled the same route and covered the same 72 mile difference. The chart result shows how many galllons of fuel each car consumed over the same distance and this allowed me to calculate each cars Miles Per Gallon. Hope this helps. And yes Tom's right there were two winners for the best and worst MPG.

Plum I wish you were there, it would have been very interesting to see what the MPG would have been on the beast.

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I get the most fun/mile out of my car, my fuel gauge doesn’t work, and my speedometer, doesn’t register the correct speed or mileage, because of my 373 gears. (-18% from the actual reading?) This way, I do not have to worry about how many MPG I get. I just top it up any time before I get 300km on a speedo. And that’s all.
:drive:

jimchris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from a 353 mile road trip and got 24.18 mpg. It was mostly interstate at speeds averaging low 70's.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D
80 miles and 15 gallons drivers training
or
65 miles and 3 gallons in 6th gear on the autobahn ...wide variety!
:drive:
IT DEPENDS!