are those all Canadian Vipers?

I also want to know what rear bumper is on that yellow GTS

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You'd have to PM HSSSSSS and ask him about the rear bumper - he told me, but I forgot. There was 2 very similar yellow GTSs with rear diffusers and sloped front noses. I think only Ron's (HSSSSSS) Viper had the 10# Roe supercharger on it though.

We had one VCA member from Seattle come up and enjoy the weekend with us. He comes up a couple times a year, nice guy.

We had quite a few attendees from Alberta come out to Harrison Lake event and the Kelowna wine tasting weekend. 25 Vipers in Kelowna.

I've been doing some travelling. Kelowna weekend and then the wife and I took the pickup to Idaho to visit her parents for a week, bought a couple Kayaks and paddles etc. A couple days after getting home I got to pull the trailer to Van and buy some sewer tanks, then move my son to Kamloops and finally back home the other day ... finally! 1800mi. last week and another 850 miles Thurs - Sat.

It's sure is a good thing I enjoy the driving, but I only got a few hundred miles driving in the Viper last few weeks. I tinted my fog/driving lights and will get back to tinting my car this week.

You must be registered for see images

I put some more pics on the Western Canada regional forum here ... http://forums.viperclub.org/canada-western/628776-kelowna-event.html

Like all of BC the Okanagan Valley has many smaller secondary 2 lane roads that are great for driving.

Ted

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When deana and I went back to Jim and Debbie's to pick up my trailer we stopped at their house and loaded some pics into Jim's computer. While having a drink a Barnstormer Owl flew into Jim's backyard so I walked out there and took a half dozen pics while the Owl was posing for me. Amazing pics.

Ted

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUS6rKCXfqM[/media]
Here's a video after lunch on Sunday at Peachland.

Ted

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice pics Ted.. especially of the owl. We do like it out West.. so much that we got married near Jasper in 95, here's some pics from a few years ago, our 10th anniversary at the same spot with my 6' 1" tall wife Lisa (who like the boots!), and another spot we stayed at with my sister and husband at a Bed & Breakfast place in Kaleden called Deer Path, and hung around the Okanagan.. enjoying the fantastic wine of course.. We envy where you live!
Mike

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
She's 6'1" tall??? Can't see the boots but that makes you 6'4"? 6'8"?

Sheesh Mike ...

The West Chilcotin is 1 of 4 wetlands in all of North America and we have 800 lakes within 50 miles! Surrounded by 4 different Mountain ranges this area is spectacular. 50kms from my General store is the famous Bella Coola Hill and once you go into the Valley it's like Europe (or somewhere) as the Valley is aboput a mile or two wide with 8,000' mountains on each side. It reminds me of Peru each time I go there.

Maybe next year you waant to fly to Vancouver, take the Ferry to Vancouver Island, drive 12 hours to the North end of the Island (Van. Island is bigger than England) and then take the Ferry to Bella Coola (Mini Alaska cruise) and drive here to visit??? Tourism calls it the Cariboo Coast Circle Tour.

Ted

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The reason you don't live here is because we don't have any companies building Carbon Fiber Viper CCs?

Ted

Last edited:

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She's 6'1" tall??? Can't see the boots but that makes you 6'4"? 6'8"?

Sheesh Mike ...

The West Chilcotin is 1 of 4 wetlands in all of North America and we have 800 lakes within 50 miles! Surrounded by 4 different Mountain ranges this area is spectacular. 50kms from my General store is the famous Bella Coola Hill and once you go into the Valley it's like Europe (or somewhere) as the Valley is aboput a mile or two wide with 8,000' mountains on each side. It reminds me of Peru each time I go there.

Maybe next year you waant to fly to Vancouver, take the Ferry to Vancouver Island, drive 12 hours to the North end of the Island (Van. Island is bigger than England) and then take the Ferry to Bella Coola (Mini Alaska cruise) and drive here to visit??? Tourism calls it the Cariboo Coast Circle Tour.

Ted

No no no Ted :rolaugh: The boots comment is from the beefcake post, you know.. if you had snakeskin boots you rugged Western fellow! My sister lives in Vancouver, we visit every now and then, definitely would like to hook up next time.
Mike

Same trip within a week (including.the Okanagan valley above pics).. Alberta looked like this below!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, I wondered about the boots. I kinda like a woman in tall boots, lol.

I sold the wife's Escape and promised the buyer a ride back from Williams Lake. Managed to take the Viper so that it would be a good day. I took a couple pics (since I tinted the clear side, driving lamps and headlights) on my way to town. "Sheep Creek Canyon and bridge over Fraser River ...

climbing out of Bull Canyon near Alexis Creek. Fire camp just out of sight around corner ...

And I stopped in the BIG (guys) Bathroom in front of the Chilanko Forks Post Office. It's only open a few hours per day, 3 days a week. Our Post Office is open 5 days a week.

Wes said that's the fastest he's ever driven highway 20 - and he liked it! He said that many Bella Coola residents do the 270 mile trip from Bella Coola to William's Lake in 3.5 hrs.

Ted