Attn: All VIPER owners. HELP!

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello from Palmdale California
New to site and need advise.
Here is the deal. I'm on the market for my first Viper and came across the following.

You must be registered for see images attach

Primary Information about this vehicle:

Price $46,500
Mileage 27,353
Body Style Convertible
Exterior Color Black
Interior Color Black
Engine 10 Cylinder Gasoline
Transmission 6 Speed Manual
Drive Type 2 wheel drive - rear
Fuel Type Gasoline
Doors Two Door

Vehicle Description
Installed Options
Driver Air Bag
Anti-Lock Brakes
Air Conditioning
Alloy Wheels
CD Changer
Passenger Air Bag
Rear Window Defroster
AM/FM Stereo
Leather Seats
Power Door Locks
Power Mirrors
Side Air Bag
Tinted Glass
Tilt Wheel

Seller's Description and Comments
Excellent condition! Price to sell. This is a beautiful car that has been pampered and garaged. Miles are all most all highway. I work 80 miles away. Car is still under factory warranty.

So, I went and got a Carfax report on it and it checks out clean. The owner sounds honest and is willing to take $44,000
I live in Palmdale California and the vehicle is in Texas. Other than a minor curb scuff mark on the front passenger side bumper which he's getting touched up (body shop) everything else looks good and is completely stock. What do I need to know before I purchase this car other than the obvious. Is 27k miles ok for the price.
I'll feel alot more at ease once I get some feedback from all of you that are experienced with these beautiful cars ( my dream car). So far I've learned one thing, Paxton. :D

Thanks in advanced
I look forward to meeting all of you on this awesome web site.

Last edited:

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Most important thing you need to know about the VIPER is be really really careful, cause it wants you dead!:lmao::drive:

Frankster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Demoes4x

First of all :) the vert isn't really a Viper. Only the Gen I and Gen II really qualify as such.

So then my first words of advice are to not get a Vert.

I'm in Cal City and when I see you in Palmdale I'm gonna blow your doors off and laugh about it. I'll be saying things like "look at that putz driving a Vert". PLLLTTTZZZZ!

Now if you were to get a real man's car like, say, a Gen II, well then, my level of respect will grow to almost mythical proportions.

With that said, you can find better deals on a Viper (Gen II) that will, in time, be of higher value (and show appeal) than what you are considering.

So consider yourself kicked in the pattotie for even considering a Vert.............

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't seem to see mention of the year. I traded an 03 in March with 30K miles and got $40K. This seems like a reasonable price especially if it is an 04 or newer. Car looks awesome in the pics.

OP
OP

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
where in texas is it?
San Antone.

So far I've learned one thing, Paxton
has one or will have one?
Will have one.

I'm in Cal City and when I see you in Palmdale I'm gonna blow your doors off and laugh about it. I'll be saying things like "look at that putz driving a Vert". PLLLTTTZZZZ!

You missed the PAXTON part!:D See you around :headbang:

I don't seem to see mention of the year.
It's a 2006

So, I guess so far so good!

hdscreens

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Demoes4x, I live in San Antone and if you would like I could go personally check it out for you. Talk to the owner see if he would be willing to have me look it over. If it's a go just give me the details and I could swing by any evening before it gets dark. If you get it for $44K that ain't too bad. It should run you about $1000 to get it delivered to your area. I got an 05 myself with 34,800 miles that I would sell for 41K but the one you interested looks better than mine, at least judging by the pics.

Last edited:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like a great deal on a '06 to me, especia;;y considering that asking price is not usually the selling price. I veru muck recommend getting the car inspected by someone the local guys recommend. But, thats the same for any car.