Is this a TRUE statement?

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most Viper owners prefer the stripes on their vehicle.

Just wondering what the stripes really mean if they have any meaning at all or are they just for looks.
What do you prefer?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually prefer my vipers without stripes. Well...thats not completely true. My ACR had stripes. I guess it just depends on the color

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like stripes on the coupes I think it makes them look complete..That said Iam not crazy about some stripe/color combos.Remember the first coupes 96, was striped to I think simulate the Shelby Cobras.:dunno:..I think with the verts they can go either way as they seem to look ok with or without stripes.I just love stripes on VIPERS:2tu:.Kevin

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Depends on the car. Some looker better with them, some not. What else would the stripes mean other than for aesthetics?

OP
OP

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just realized the vert I'm getting does not have the stripes down on the bumper. Someone please explain.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just realized the vert I'm getting does not have the stripes down on the bumper. Someone please explain.

They're aftermarket...could be either vinyl or paint. Factory stripes go all the way down.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say that the vinyl stripes don't affect the value. As shown above and elsewhere, it seems like just as many people would rather not have them as those that want them. To me, they look "right" because the Viper was created as a modern interpretation of the original Shelby Cobra and Daytona Coupe which are usually remembered painted with racing stripes. They look right on a Viper; but look like a poser mod on a Vette. I usually would not like such things; but, I like them on my Viper.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I prefer the coupes with stripes and the verts without.....

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course, the only answer to this is owner preference. I owned my car for almost 3 years without the stripes, then decided to stripe it. I have to say, the car gets FAR more attention now. Before it was just another Silver car on the street until they got close enough to know what it was. Now, people recognize the Viper stripe from a mile away.
Here it is before and after.

viper_027.jpg

OP
OP

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course, the only answer to this is owner preference. I owned my car for almost 3 years without the stripes, then decided to stripe it. I have to say, the car gets FAR more attention now. Before it was just another Silver car on the street until they got close enough to know what it was. Now, people recognize the Viper stripe from a mile away.

viper_027.jpg

BIG DIFFERENCE! Looks good :2tu:

hdscreens

Enthusiast
Reaction score

viper_027.jpg

That's cheating, the after pic is much more dramatic looking cause of the backdrop.

ViperVeryOrange

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like them both ways depending on the year. The '08's up have a lot going on on the hood and look good either way. Mine coupe is one of 19 built in Viper Very Orange without the stripes and I like that!!!:2tu:

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering what the stripes really mean if they have any meaning at all or are they just for looks.
What do you prefer?

I was always under the impression that stripes were for identifying cars on the track pre in-helmet radio. That the pit placards would be tied to the color.

There is at least a few tall tales of Porsche using special colors on the tails of the 550 spyders to signify to the crews who was a newbie so they could keep a eye on them..

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's the research I found on "Racing Stripes",

Back in the '50s when Carrol Shelby and Cunningham decided to go racing in the Grand Prix they applied for North America race colors. Unfortuntely, all the colors were gone! North America was awarded Blue and White and the first country(?) effort comprised of 2 colors. Blue with white stripes and white with blue stripes were our colors.

Wide stripes are easiest to see and I believe that Shelby was responsible for designing the stripes and such made history. Notice that the first GTSs were Blue with White? The GTS was designed for racing as it's a hardtop, has rear exhaust (for Europe) and the shape is supposedly 4 mph faster than the roadster.

As far as skinny stripes go - yah, they represent nothing except someones 'fetish'. Kinda like earrings and heels.

Ted

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i can only agree .....mine are vinal though so if i change my mind:2tu:

:2tu:

Having some pics from the same day.. and a couple more striped pics from the UK.. and ya that's me in the passenger seat below.. and have to thank you and the UK Viper club for the warm welcome. If it wasn't for Neil... thank you.

Cheers.
Mike

You must be registered for see images