Deal or No Deal??

DMACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all let me say thanks to all that have given me some great advice. Can't wait to get my Viper, Well I'm asking again for some thoughts, ideas, and comments.

I am going to check out a Viper tonight. Heres the car:
*'03 Sivler Vert
* 5k miles
* VIN 1B3JR65Z43V501504

He's an avid car guy and has had 4 vipers in past he's now getting into Ford GT's - sound likes he losing interest in his Viper.

The sellers listing :

Upgrades include top of the line bellanger headers plus 3 inch side pipe kit and chrome tips, k&n fillter, short throw shifter with snake head emblem, brembo brake calipers, plus more. With these low miles u get mint condition interior and exterior. This car just had a scheduled maintenacnce preformed by a viper tech and is ready for the road.

*He's asking $42,500

I spoke to the local Dodge dealer they know him and spoke highly of him I also found out he bought the car from DodgeVipersforsale.com They also have sold him a number of cars and told me he is meticulious about his cars, I also think the 2nd or 3rd owner.

Based on what I've been sseeing it's like a decent deal, low miles nice upgrades, but is it too good. Hopeflly some of you will chime in and give me some sage advice.

Thanks Again- DMACK

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a good deal to me. Nice mods.

+1 on new rubber if she's still rockin the original 7year old runflats.

OP
OP
D

DMACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks - here are some pics *** this works

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
D

DMACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took her out and she is scary fast - he also did some small details on it like a billet filler cap cover, toneau cover for top, short shifter. I went around the car and had a hard time find any nicks, one small one on front bumper but he had to point it out. He did not protect the front rockers but its underneath behind the tires. All in all it was one of the cleanest I've seen. He is even giving me some time to get it inspected at a local Dodge Dealer. I

only had a few concerns. He only has one key/remote, and removed the sun visors which he no longer has. Which are minor. The other is when we started it the engine sounded like it had a hard time turning over. I tried it many times and it always started but it just seemed abnormal. It could be just my lack of experience with V10.

I was also wondering if anyone has an opinion on the "drone" from the Belanger exhaust. It sounded great but it was loud and I wonder how I might feel about it after driving with that for couple of hours.

The inspection is next week and I'll keep you posted

Thanks again
PHP:
PS - Wizard, I just left you a voice mail

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
was the top up or down when you drove?

i'm guessing up, if down and it still had enough drone to bother you, could be too much for you in short order

sounds clean with nice mods

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All 03's and on have brembos stock but other than that it sounds like a decent deal. The hard cranking us most likely the battery from sitting but I would check. Also you may want to ask how often he starts the car. A car sitting for long periods is not the best for the car.

Reaction score
I took her out and she is scary fast - he also did some small details on it like a billet filler cap cover, toneau cover for top, short shifter. I went around the car and had a hard time find any nicks, one small one on front bumper but he had to point it out. He did not protect the front rockers but its underneath behind the tires. All in all it was one of the cleanest I've seen. He is even giving me some time to get it inspected at a local Dodge Dealer. I

only had a few concerns. He only has one key/remote, and removed the sun visors which he no longer has. Which are minor. The other is when we started it the engine sounded like it had a hard time turning over. I tried it many times and it always started but it just seemed abnormal. It could be just my lack of experience with V10.

I was also wondering if anyone has an opinion on the "drone" from the Belanger exhaust. It sounded great but it was loud and I wonder how I might feel about it after driving with that for couple of hours.

The inspection is next week and I'll keep you posted

Thanks again

PS - Wizard, I just left you a voice mail

I have a set of visors that I was going to put on Ebay once I found out how much they are worth, let me know if interested, send me a PM.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
was the top up or down when you drove?

i'm guessing up, if down and it still had enough drone to bother you, could be too much for you in short order

I drove home my 2003 after buying it and damn near went insane listening to that drone, but that was 800 miles done in one day. Since then I always would drive it with the top down and it didn't bother me a bit.

Bob

OP
OP
D

DMACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd send you a PM if I knew how- but let me know how much and if they'll fit an '03...I'm already buying stuff for a car I don't even own yet...go figure, I guess the car is the cheap part.

OP
OP
D

DMACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did call a Dodge dealer they ran the VIN and told that there were 2 recalls and both were fixed.

V

Venomiss

I'd send you a PM if I knew how- but let me know how much and if they'll fit an '03...I'm already buying stuff for a car I don't even own yet...go figure, I guess the car is the cheap part.

No worries, go to the top left hand portion of your screen and it will say
private messages. Click on that and it will bring you to an Inbox.
On the left it is the control panel and go down to where it says send new message.
Fill in the boxes and submit message is at the bottom.
Give it a whirl and see if it works for you.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the drone bothers you remove the belangers mufflers (not the headers) and buy a stock muffler which is very cheap and little difference in performance. I am running belanger headers, HFs, and stock muffler....check as they may only apply to GEN IVs belangers......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper