New forum members-Introduction

Rapps

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My husband and I joined the forum as we are searching to buy our first Viper. We're in the Detroit area looking for a RT/10 Gen I. We have one baby in the garage now. While an excellent car it can't hold a candle to a Viper. Looking forward to becoming part of the Viper community here and at events.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello from across the pond :uk: :)

Well your in the right place, My friend had a Gen 1 a few years ago, and I used to drive it regularly :) That was it for me, I had to get a viper, it took me a few years but I now own a Gen 2 2000 GTS :2tu:

Good luck with your search
Mark
:uk:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with the search! I picked up a gen 1 last year and love it :2tu:

V

Venomiss

Welcome!
This site for the Michigan VCA might come in handy if you have not seen it already.
MCVO Home

Happy hunting for the Viper of your dreams.
Another wife too-:)Venomiss

ssnaked

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I suggest you call Bernie Katz at BJ Motors. He is a huge Viper supporter and the most knowledgable about used Vipers and how to locate one. He probably have several good ones for you to consider. here is his contact information. (804) 399-0477 Good luck and welcome a board.

OP
OP
R

Rapps

Viper Owner
Reaction score
CitySnake- seeing your rotating avatar pic's I can see why you had the mental image of a live baby left in the garage, although when the kids were very young leaving one in the garage may have come to mind...
I have already spoken with Bernie, he has kept our number and info.
The baby in the garage...well let me test the waters on this one. We were at Carlisle this year our group was the club next to the Vipers and Prowlers. In fact it is rumored that when I told Gary (Mr. Rapps)to buy a Viper it was my way of getting him to stop driving my baby! Dare I say the name Crossfire? It's a yellow Roadster that Gary keeps pristine. Getting a yellow Viper would be very nice, but not found one worth buying yet. Found others, red mostly, equally sharp.
Gary rarely posts on a forum so it maybe that Rapps is me, I'll leave my name to help with the confusion.
Ann

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd suggest some research into the gen 1 (if you haven't yet). Just to be sure you know what you're getting into. Gen 1 isn't for everybody. They are fun cars and make great toys but I'd advise against putting one in daily driver service (others here may disagree)....

Good luck with your search.

OP
OP
R

Rapps

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There seems to be a disproportionate number of yellow cars responding :2tu:
We have normal cars to drive daily. When purchased the Viper will become a leisure car only, same as the Crossfire. If we could we'd get a 2009 with a Gen I body, but many members here have already let their thoughts wander there I would think. The Gen I cars we looked at drive as we thought, tough robust car, not for the faint of heart and not like the 2008 we had been driving in the past. Going to take a second look at one tomorrow.

V

Venomiss

So are you looking for an antenna car then?

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-g...3-vipers-rear-antennas-rare-production-s.html

Buy a Viper soon enough and become a VCA member before October 2nd, 2009 and purchase a chance to win this baby.

lutz1.jpg

lutz2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
R

Rapps

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We're trying, but the winds of fate are not blowing very hard...one looks very promising, but I'm not sure if it will happen soon, had wanted to be able to take a few runs before the snow flies. Once our weather gets damp and cool, the toys have to be put away to keep them safe and clean. Then all we can do is take car covers off and stand around wishing we could do more than stand around. A beer or martini to drown our sorrows in. :disappointed:

Freddog11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might get a few more suggestions from around here if you listed what you are looking for...color, year, mileage, hardtop or not, A/C, upgrades and so on. Most importantly, price range you are willing to spend. There are some great deals around here right now. We all know how hard it is to find that perfect car. I wish the market was like this when I bought my car. Get ready for the greatest car you'll ever own. When I bought mine, my plan was to buy it and drive it for about six months and then sell it. You know, just ot say I had one then move on to something else. Three years later I wouldn't think about being without a Viper in the garage.

Good luck in your search.

OP
OP
R

Rapps

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wanted to say thank you to Bernie for following up on our conversation. We did find a car that fit all of the criteria such as price, condition and location/timing for purchase.
It is need of a good soft top I'd be interested if anyone can help on this.

V

Venomiss

Double on the pictures when you get them.

Maybe you will make it before Friday.:)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Ann!!! Nice to see another Viper-Gal posting here!!! Good Luck with the car that YOU want. Everyone prefers certain Gens, certain mods, certain body styles. It's YOUR decision, and you need to be happy with what you choose!! WELCOME! (And, yeah, winter is coming soon, DRAT, double-DRAT!! :( :()
Enjoy while you can. ~juli

OP
OP
R

Rapps

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks bookmarked it for later. I believe the issue is we are not yet VCA members. But as I type Gary is filling out the application so via snail mail it should be there for the Oct 1 date. I'm sure photos will upload fine then.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks bookmarked it for later. I believe the issue is we are not yet VCA members. But as I type Gary is filling out the application so via snail mail it should be there for the Oct 1 date. I'm sure photos will upload fine then.

Hi Ann...you can also fax the registration form in: 1-248-553-2138!
Looking forward to your pictures and your participation here...as an introduction to the BEST of the forums, check out the BEEFCAKE forum (lol)...
http://forums.viperclub.org/sneaky-...w-about-sharing-some-beefcake-viper-pics.html
Once you can post pictures, if you have any to share, we'd love to see 'em!~! :D:D:cool: ~juli

OP
OP
R

Rapps

Viper Owner
Reaction score

working on getting the hang of this forum- "your ways are strange and foreign to me"

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

working on getting the hang of this forum- "your ways are strange and foreign to me"

You did a GREAT job there, Ann! :2tu: MUCH better than I can do, and you can see my post count, LOL...:D:cool: Classic lines of the RT/10/RED of course~! :cool:
~juli

OP
OP
R

Rapps

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Juli, thanks. We got our first fun car and became involved with the Crossfire Forum/Club. Via that I became fairly adapt at forums, on the other hand it took me 10 minutes of searching around just now to find how to delete a photo! Speaking of that first fun car.........now it's MINE

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R