Brakes, rotors, clutch, etc.

JeremyS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was pretty pleased in that I got over 18,000 miles on my factory tires. I still have not had to replace anything else yet. I am at or over 20,000 miles now. What is the average/expected life on my brakes? Who has gotten what out of theirs? I don't hammer on the car all day every day but I drive it pretty well. What about my rotors? Do they need to be replaced with my brakes? Should
I? What about my clutch? Etc.

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got 23,000 on my factory tires and still have enough on the front ones so kept those when I got my Kumho's. Still have the factory rear brakes I took it to the track just last monday. Clutch works fantastic still and my rotors looks still fairly new. Just broke over 36,000 last monday :D Viper's are meant to be driven ;)

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drive the clutch till it starts to go out. Just check the brake pads now and then and when they get low change em out. There are options based on what kind of performance/price you would like to spend. When you change the pads inspect the rotors for cracks or warps. If they look good leave em. The option to upgrade to drilled/slotted rotors is always there with a reasonable cost. A big brake upgrade will cost more but the performance is far superior based on reviews.

A fluid change would probably be in order for you before anything else if you have not addressed this yet.

Keep in mind that the book recommends changing the trans fluid every 10k miles. The diff fluid as well and don't forget the additive. Clutch fluid will extend the life of your clutch if you keep it fresh and dont beat it up.

Other than that, keep on driving it.

:usa:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper