Another Dyno pull

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have posted a couple videos of my previous dyno pulls but they have all had an asterisk by them such as: poor weather conditions or unreliable dyno readings. But I think this one finally got it right. I would have liked it to be just a little higher to hit that 600hp mark, but I'm satisfied with the results and confident in my tuning. I think I could tune it a little closer to the edge and get that extra 12hp, but I'll just wait for some forged pistons to do that ;)
see sig for mods

588hp and 603tq
PowerLabs DynoDay pull - Car Videos on StreetFire

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
graph looks mighty fine to me. 12rwhp aint nothing, dont sweat it. as long as it runs.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like it for 6# boost. Must be the heads causing the hp to still be climbing at 5800rpm.

4# boost and w/m inj should be worth another 150hp once you get the pistons?

Lookin' good.

Ted

OP
OP
B

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it for 6# boost. Must be the heads causing the hp to still be climbing at 5800rpm.

4# boost and w/m inj should be worth another 150hp once you get the pistons?

Lookin' good.

Ted
heads and RRs
it pulls hard up top and just wants to keep going past redline
I'll need a shiftlight when I go to 10#s :smirk:

fe4snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good,

I have a question, are you Force Induction or NA?

Cause if you are FI, I think you can get more than just 588 RWHP.
I have an NA setup with Greg Good heads, cam, headers, 3.55, 1.7 rockers, and port match intake and TB's with a split second tune. My car dynoed at 550 RWHP on a 92 deg. indoor temp.

I'm just courious, Your car sounds good and the graph looks great.

OP
OP
B

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry didn't realize you had gears, that and starting at 2500rpm made the pull seem very short.

Dont you find yourself just all over the road with that type of power with such short gears?
I wanted to start at a lower RPM but the dyno doesn't start the graph until 2500

and yes, traction is non-existent until the top of 3rd
but it sure is fun that way! :drive:

OP
OP
B

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good,

I have a question, are you Force Induction or NA?

Cause if you are FI, I think you can get more than just 588 RWHP.
I have an NA setup with Greg Good heads, cam, headers, 3.55, 1.7 rockers, and port match intake and TB's with a split second tune. My car dynoed at 550 RWHP on a 92 deg. indoor temp.

I'm just courious, Your car sounds good and the graph looks great.
my sig:
97GTS B&W: Roe S/C 6.5#, VEC3, custom W/M, Borla headers and catless exhaust, smooth tubes and K&Ns, JM stg3 heads, 1.7 rockers, 3.55 gears, Fidanza, short-shift kit

Roe S/C 6.5# = Roe Racing twin-screw supercharger (a type of forced induction) running 6.5 pounds per square inch in the intake and no intercooling

I was on a Superflow dyno which reads conservative like a Mustang dyno. You are also closer to sea level and I'm at about 5000ft. The temp was around 86° that day.

OP
OP
B

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice. Would have thought you would break 600 with the heads.
as I said, I could have tuned it more aggressively but I've already blown one motor so I'll wait until this winter when I swap in some Diamonds and up the boost to 10#

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious. As you know I am getting into the supercharger soon. I dynoed 425whp on a dyno dynamics. With a 5lb Roe setup Roe claims 130whp increase. Guess I will have to find out. I have the water **** setup as well but don't think I am going to use it.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dyno numbers actually seem very believable, unfortunately most dyno facilities don't give you real numbers they give you the numbers you want to see. Im sure Bottlefed would love to see 800rwhp on the exact same setup and tune, but only if thats what the car really made not what the dyno facility created by magic.

I have recently gone through all this on a paxton setup car that was "supposed to" make 850rwhp according the the internet. But reality set in when it went to 3 legitimate dyno facilities and only managed 660rwhp but still manages to firmly beat cars that have supposedly done nearly 800.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What Russ said...folks ask me what mine puts down all the time... all I say is I don't have a clue since I have not dyno'd it. It would be easy to say that X and Y with similar set-ups are putting down 650-to over 700, but I can't take that leap of faith. I just smile and say
ITS JUST A LOT OF FUN..."..and off I go.

fe4snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my sig:
97GTS B&W: Roe S/C 6.5#, VEC3, custom W/M, Borla headers and catless exhaust, smooth tubes and K&Ns, JM stg3 heads, 1.7 rockers, 3.55 gears, Fidanza, short-shift kit

Roe S/C 6.5# = Roe Racing twin-screw supercharger (a type of forced induction) running 6.5 pounds per square inch in the intake and no intercooling

I was on a Superflow dyno which reads conservative like a Mustang dyno. You are also closer to sea level and I'm at about 5000ft. The temp was around 86° that day.

Thanks for the info, now it makes sense. At sea level and with a Dynojet it would should more RWHP.

OP
OP
B

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious. As you know I am getting into the supercharger soon. I dynoed 425whp on a dyno dynamics. With a 5lb Roe setup Roe claims 130whp increase. Guess I will have to find out. I have the water **** setup as well but don't think I am going to use it.
I would say your car should make close to the 130hp claimed by Roe
550-570rwhp is the norm for a GTS on a 5# and some bolt-ons

OP
OP
B

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dyno numbers actually seem very believable, unfortunately most dyno facilities don't give you real numbers they give you the numbers you want to see. Im sure Bottlefed would love to see 800rwhp on the exact same setup and tune, but only if thats what the car really made not what the dyno facility created by magic.

I have recently gone through all this on a paxton setup car that was "supposed to" make 850rwhp according the the internet. But reality set in when it went to 3 legitimate dyno facilities and only managed 660rwhp but still manages to firmly beat cars that have supposedly done nearly 800.
Very true. I'm actually very happy with these #s.
I am more likely to believe these #s that were made in a dyno competition than some #s from a shop that just tuned my car and dyno'd it to show me how well they tuned it.

People always want to hear your hp numbers and how fast it is. Then they get disappointed with the truth. I think Ellow has the right idea; just say you don't know ;)

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was getting 5 gals of methanol the other day from a local speed shop and they were asking all sorts of questions...then they start on their buddies 1000HP Mustang..and Camaro..and Vette... and the twin turbo Viper the guys a Renne Motorsports off Kennedy are tuning right now...blah blah blah...I guess it just goes with the territory. It is a great feeling though being part of "that" dialogue vice the ricer community. Oh yea, the local Tampa PD officer was in on it too. Pretty cool kid. They sure are young these days. Bless them for the work they do everyday!

OP
OP
B

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm. Didn't know elevation had that much effect on it but I guess it would due to air density.
The SAE correction helps to bring it up, but there is just no way to make up for the lack of air up here
If you really want to see the difference check out quarter mile times at Denver tracks compared to coastal tracks :omg:

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My old Roe setup put down 753rwhp and 793rwtq. I was running the 10# pulley on the snout with the DW lower crank pulley, pistons, heads, cam, water/****, AEM, 65lb/hr injectors with Paxton external pump. Don't quote me on this, but I THINK I was running 26 total degrees timing.

I know Tony Armour's car had to be putting out more power than mine, and ART has built some awesome Roe cars as well. Most don't car about the dyno numbers though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave