Back and Shoulder seat width ??????

WHOSNEXT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over the weekend I was the passenger of a test ride in a 04 vert and could not get comfortable? My shoulder blades seemed to not lye flat in seat? They where benign pushed in by sides? Can these seats be adjusted?

Reaction score
Not really, I have modified the bottom bolsters but the wings would be difficult. You will also run into clearance issues with the door panel if you were to take it too far. Even a nice race seat is almost impossible to find that will fit the larger drivers.

OP
OP
W

WHOSNEXT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really, I have modified the bottom bolsters but the wings would be difficult. You will also run into clearance issues with the door panel if you were to take it too far. Even a nice race seat is almost impossible to find that will fit the larger drivers.

That surprises me…I’m to a large person

Freiherr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Being rather tall I had the same problems with my seat.
I took the car to a car saddler/upholsterer as we say in Austria.
He replaced the filling of the lateral shoulder bolster by a much softer filling, thus the shape of it remained the same but the material was much more elastic and flexible than the original one - that helped a lot.
The same guy managed to install the 2" seat lowering kit using self-made distance pieces of metal underneath the front part of the seat.....my seat came down more than 2" at the back and for the purpose of thigh support came up more than 2" at the front.
Just perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prosperitymirra