04 vert with 4k miles pricing

WHOSNEXT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just found a 04 bone stock vert with 4k miles from original owner…what would be a good price to pay for this?

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say depends on the history of the car; has it been tracked? just meeting the owner sometimes can give you clues on how it was driven and maintained? does it have the window sticker other documentation....special editions might command more....with everything in place, agree 37 thousand would be a good price....

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
37K is wholesale for an average car. If the car is super clean, and the miles are great, it would easily be worth 42-45. Condition can vary the price a tremendous amount and like so many things in life , if it is too cheap there is usually a reason.

V

Venomiss

Many considerations like warranty?
Condition of tires, interior, does it have maintenance papers, has the car been checked on a lift by a tech........:)

You already know this stuff since you've been here since March.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
W

WHOSNEXT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
37K is wholesale for an average car. If the car is super clean, and the miles are great, it would easily be worth 42-45. Condition can vary the price a tremendous amount and like so many things in life , if it is too cheap there is usually a reason.

what book is that from?

Color would be a large factor

color is silver...they want 45k for the car? i can buy a 05 with a little more miles for that? do i go for newer year or lower miles?

OP
OP
W

WHOSNEXT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok....going to look at it tonight...i have more info, it has 2 more years left on warranty, no track, 3700 miles, clean car fax, window sticker....he is asking 45k....what is a fair price to offer with out insulting him?

V

Venomiss

ok....going to look at it tonight...i have more info, it has 2 more years left on warranty, no track, 3700 miles, clean car fax, window sticker....he is asking 45k....what is a fair price to offer with out insulting him?

Why not just ask him what he would take? That way you don't insult him at all and he comes up with a number he's comfortable with.

It's sounds like a good car with very low miles and a warranty. ;)

OP
OP
W

WHOSNEXT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not just ask him what he would take? That way you don't insult him at all and he comes up with a number he's comfortable with.

It's sounds like a good car with very low miles and a warranty. ;)

good idea.....but what happens if he says 45k is it?....is that to much for a 04?.....i think so?

V

Venomiss

good idea.....but what happens if he says 45k is it?....is that to much for a 04?.....i think so?
If it's too high for you then counter offer. Worst he can say is no.

Realize since it's local you won't be paying for shipping and you know the history on this one so that is worth something for you. Has it been for sale for a while? That might be a motivator for him to come down a bit.

I hope you get this one-it's sounds pretty good.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This my simple justification math here

Oh, if thats the case the 2500 mile 04 I bought for $60,000, 39 months ago...

let's see $60,000-$42000= $18,000...ok so $18,000/39months =$461.53 month. hmmmmm my GF has a camery hybrid for the same monthly. Should I get one instead? :rolaugh: I plan to keep it for quite a while....

34,000 miles/$18,000 =1.8 miles per dollar. hmmmmmm. Still in almost perfect condition....

Even with the greatest of depressions and depreciation....I don't think there is another car on the planet that can give you that kind of smiles/ value per dollar so far? Am I wrong?

Car is my daily driver, so I would of had to have a car anyways...hmmmmm
(Lived in Newport Beach, Las Vegas, Carmel, Palm Springs and back to Newport.)

Hows my math? :lmao:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32