Crusie on Oct 11 at I-10 Gessner

Vip1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you would like to take a backroads cruise with us please join us this Sun, Oct 11th at 2p in the parking lot on the Northwest corner of Gessner and I-10. We will take a cruise that will last a couple of hours and I am sure that we will end up stopping to eat somewhere. So you guys just show up!!!

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you would like to take a backroads cruise with us please join us this Sun, Oct 11th at 2p in the parking lot on the Northwest corner of Gessner and I-10. We will take a cruise that will last a couple of hours and I am sure that we will end up stopping to eat somewhere. So you guys just show up!!!

I am going to try and make the rescheduled event this Sunday hope to see some of you guys there.

Andy

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cruise will be more than a
> couple of hours. We are going to go the Washington on the Brazos State
> Park. It is part of the Texas Independence Trail and takes us though
> Brenham, Independence, Washington, Navasota and the return we will have
> some options. We are going to stop at a Mexican Restaurant in Navasota
> for a bite to eat. At Washington on The Brazos Park there is a museum.
> We will do a vote before we start the cruise to insure that everyone
> would like to go through the museum but should be great. It is the site
> that the Declaration for Texas Independence was signed.
>
> Please make sure that you meet us at 2p on Sunday Oct 18th at the
> parking lot on the Northwest corner of I-10 and Gessner.

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will be my first excusrsion in Houston since the move on Monday. Sounds like a great way for me to meet new Houston VCA folks and also to see the areas in Houston.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cruise should be about 3 hrs of driving. If you choose to eat with us along the way that will add some time obviously but is at the end of the "fun" part of the drive so it is very easy to head back if you would like. We are eating in Navasota so my guess is 2 hrs to Navasota unless we actually go through some of the museum at Washington on the Brazos park. This is also the time it will take to leave and return to I 10 and Gessner. If you are on the north side of town it will be quicker obviously and longer on the south side. Hope to see as many people as possible. If anyone has questions, please PM me or email the viper club of Houston.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This will be my first excusrsion in Houston since the move on Monday. Sounds like a great way for me to meet new Houston VCA folks and also to see the areas in Houston.

Bernie welcome to Houston Buddy! I just moved back here from the Washington D.C. area. I grew up here so I in knew what I was getting in too :)

Glad your in our area, and look forward to meeting you tomorrow!

Andy Wheeler

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, it certainly was a perfect cruise, thanks again Tim for handling the logistics and laying out such a fun bunch of back roads to the cradle of Texas. The weather was perfect and except for creating a traffic jam heading out of town waiting on everyone to join up, it went off without a hitch. Nothing like twenty or so vipers to create a stir.

Bernie it was great seeing you again and meeting your lovely wife. This is as good as the weather gets so I hope you enjoyed it.

Just a reminder, our November meeting will be a BBQ and I hope to see you all there.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Agree had a great time! That really was a site to see. Thanks Tim, and everyone who put this one together it was a blast.

Andy

Well, it certainly was a perfect cruise, thanks again Tim for handling the logistics and laying out such a fun bunch of back roads to the cradle of Texas. The weather was perfect and except for creating a traffic jam heading out of town waiting on everyone to join up, it went off without a hitch. Nothing like twenty or so vipers to create a stir.

Bernie it was great seeing you again and meeting your lovely wife. This is as good as the weather gets so I hope you enjoyed it.

Just a reminder, our November meeting will be a BBQ and I hope to see you all there.

slartibartfast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well then good luck[with the LeMons race]! :2tu:

LeMons is over, I can start to think of other things, like Viper cruises.

We didn't win, we blew up an engine and replaced it overnight, yet finished the race on the track. I got my hour of seat time and set the second fastest team time. We had three drivers with race experience. I hit no one, got hit once.

LeMons is the most entertaining race event I've ever seen. Those guys wear out black flags by the box-full every race. 60%+ of the 130 cars had some sort of penalty (we ran clean), and penalties are very amusing. One team had their hands duct-taped together and they were marched around the paddock behind one of the judges while having to repeat some sort of penance for their error. At one point there were twelve cars in the penalty box all on jack stands. Not for technical or reliabilty reasons, just because.

You have to take in one LeMons race. The penalty area is a hoot and, if you didn't know better, you'd think you're at an art car parade.

There are always interesting street cars at any race, this was no exception. There was some sort of late-model Ferrari, a GT3 Porsche, a Gallardo (or Murcielago?) convertible and a real-McCoy '65 GT40. I heard there was a V-10 Audi R8, too.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Austin if you showed up you wouldn't need pics :) Next time let come out with us. Yes I am messing with you but you should come out with us

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Andy, did you take any pics from this gathering?

Hey Austin,

I slept on this one buddy. Since it was kind of my first event with most of the Houston gang I wanted to sit back and enjoy the drive. Next time out I will be taking the gear with me for some shoots.

I have some up coming stuff in Viper Mag though.

Andy Wheeler:)

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Austin if you showed up you wouldn't need pics :) Next time let come out with us. Yes I am messing with you but you should come out with us

Honestly this is the first time I've actually come to check out the Houston part of the site. I didnt realize it was so active as it was dead not too long ago (from what I remember). Also I figured since Im not a Viper owner at the moment that I wouldnt be able to join the cruises. I will try and come to the next event if that isnt the case.

Hey Austin,

I slept on this one buddy. Since it was kind of my first event with most of the Houston gang I wanted to sit back and enjoy the drive. Next time out I will be taking the gear with me for some shoots.

I have some up coming stuff in Viper Mag though.

Andy Wheeler:)

Andy, congrats on having some of your work in the Viper mag. And there is no apologies necessary as sometimes you should just enjoy the cruise!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper