[PICS] New Vipair Adjustable Suspension Installed!

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First and foremost, Steve at Vipair has been a great vendor and a pleasure to do business with. We talked numerous times on the phone/PM/email, and he was always available quickly. He even called me after I installed them to make sure I was happy with his product! Who does that anymore??:2tu:

The installation was a breeze. Other than swapping out my intake manifold, this was my second moderate mod install on the Viper. These cars are so simple and straightforward to work on - I'm getting the courage up to try the Belanger installation:lmao:

Anyways, back on topic. When I bought my car, it had been lowered on caps only, so I only have pics with them installed. But, with the Vipair Adjustable Suspension kit, I was able to come down around another 1.5 inches. There is still room to come down more all around, but this is as low as I feel comfortable going. The rear will get filled up a little better with the 20s over the winter:drive:

To say the car handles like its on rails would be the understatement of the year. The ride is certainly firm, but its not bouncy. I do notice on extremely hard bumps, the car doesn't take it as well as stock. With that being said, the RR shock on my car is bad and I had no choice but to re-install it. Hopefully that is contributing to the jolt over hard bumps, and I'll get the rear shocks switched out very soon.

Its just a great overall setup for guys like me who needed some adjustability and firmer ride(unlike the Eibachs), but didn't want to afford Motons:rolaugh:

Lemme know what you think, and if you have any specific questions

BEFORE

You must be registered for see images attach

AFTER

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice Hank. I lowered mine this summer with the Eibachs and caps. Car is definitely as low as I would go but has very little rebound room. Ride is definitely stiffer than stock. PM me how much you paid for this setup and how long it took you to install it.
Thanks,
Doug

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
very nice. now lets see how long they last. i hope they do cause another, cheaper option is needed.

good news !!!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks awsome, bet the ride is better too.

I put shocks/springs/sway bars on mine, love the way it handles compared to stock.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome looking car! I'd like to see a full on picture of the engine bay. Looks like you've got some kind of cover over the plugs?

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks great and as Plum said I hope they are a lasting alternative. Am I the only picky SOB that makes sure the center caps and spokes line up on the front and rear wheels when I set the car back down?

OP
OP
A

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you everyone:2tu:

I really think Steve's setup is going to catch on. While I think everyone would agree that Motons or other similar systems are the best, I think everyone can also agree they are overkill for the majority of owners who just want an aggressive stance with improved handling...while not breaking the bank.

Awesome looking car! I'd like to see a full on picture of the engine bay. Looks like you've got some kind of cover over the plugs?

No, no cover..but I do have a few photos;)

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car Looks Great! Good choice on ride height too.....IMO

Car looks great and as Plum said I hope they are a lasting alternative. Am I the only picky SOB that makes sure the center caps and spokes line up on the front and rear wheels when I set the car back down?

No.....:lmao:

Thank God. There's at least one other guy....

That would be a good one to tell a cop for getting caught doing burnouts......

" Officer, I was just trying to line up my center caps..."....:lmao::rolaugh::lmao: