Car For Sale!

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think mods will cut 50% of your audience...and seldom to they add value to the car. Seems like a beautiful car. When I sold my Gen II, I had to hang tight but eventually, the right buyer came along. I think you are priced 10k too high though. Further, you are going right into the winter season...while you may have a lot more lookers and serious buyers, they are expecting better than average prices due to the season.

BolsOut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Beautiful Car. Price way too high. I picked up a pristine 2005 Copperhead in May for high 30's. May want to consider low-mid 30's if you really need to sell.
:usa:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My suggestion for price would be low $40s. Lightweigh wheels, big brakes and exhaust add thousands to the value of your car. The stereo is nice, but with many laws requiring handsfree - is your aftermarket stereo Blue tooth?

Good luck.

Ted

V

Venomiss

Maybe put up a price that you would go to for now until say the end of November.
Then if it doesn't sell take it off until the spring.
That way you leave more options open on it.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Who-So-Ever is fortunate enuf to buy Tom's car will have a FIRST-CLASS Viper, in a desirable, low-volume color, with the BEST of the Best mods, that has been meticulously cared for. Simple as that.

What's THAT worth? I hope its worth at least low-40s....damn-shame otherwise
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO, this is the last year for the great viper deals, and the prices will begin rising early in 2010 back to where the prices belong. if you are a buyer, get your great deal now. if you are a seller, wait till the summer or later to sell if you can.

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
IMO, this is the last year for the great viper deals, and the prices will begin rising early in 2010 back to where the prices belong. if you are a buyer, get your great deal now. if you are a seller, wait till the summer or later to sell if you can.

Just curious, why do you think prices will rise next year?

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious, why do you think prices will rise next year?

as the economy improves the prices will begin to rise again.
are we beginning to improve now? i dont know, but i do know that i am BURIED in real estate work and so are most people in my office. the stock market is starting to rise above 10,000 again. i read somewhere the other day that Jim Ownes the CEO of CAT was also predicting the turnaround to start somewhere in 2010. i am an eternal optimist and i may be wrong, but i think things are starting to improve now. as soon as more people get back to work, we start to hear things are improving in the media, and our confidence is restored, prices will rise. will the recovery be next year or will it take another year? of course nobody really knows and yes we still have alot of other problems that will need worked out.

whatever happens, i kinda hope it does take a bit longer for viper prices to recover - i am wanting to buy a second car and i still think i need to do it real soon. :D

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
According to my Gov (BC) the economy is already improved and that's the reason for the big tax increases.

Although property values went down down last year our Gov. concocted this scheme that there was likely to be a mistake and they passed a law to save us ... All property values would stay the same or lower and none would increase. Haha, sucked people into being happy that they didn't get a decrease in their property taxes???

See prices are going up already.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd hang on a bit and wait for the new year. You'll get a better price around the time someone looking to drive and buy again. Once again it is a beautiful car.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
glad to hear things are improving in some parts of the world, unfortunately not here in Indiana.

I have several friends who have just recently lost their jobs and my employer just announced layoffs.

Not looking good here.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard on the radio that unemployment went up again last month in 28 states I believe. Its over 15% in Michigan. I'm FAR from believing things are getting much better anytime soon. I work in the automotive field. I know 2 guys who have decades of experience in the technician/service administrative field. Both have been unemployed for over a year. One just got a job at the dealership I work at and the other is still looking. He said he's put in apps all over GA all the way to FL and hasn't even had a nibble :( If you don't have to sell, I'd hang on to it til spring 2010, at least

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Things are tough here in Ohio. Dealerships of all makes are closing all around here locally. Aside from Chrysler, five dealerships of different makes have closed in the past six months just a couple of miles from my home. One had been there for 40 years.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I heard things are getting better. For some maybe, but my son has a pregnant girlfriend and lost his job. He found another job in a different city at $10/hr.

He assembles clothing and sporting goods orders in a warehouse. They're laying off next month. Things don't look good if wholesale dstributors are laying off a month before Xmas.

I wish luck to everyone. Wish I knew why Government continues to raise taxes as that hurts us all.

Ted

jhsiegel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Drop the price radically and sell the car or let your ego keep you & the car as best of friends forever! I priced my gts realistically for the horrible market and sold the car in a week. Waiting for the right buyer is like waiting for the right woman, it may never happen. The dealer lives in the real world & his price maay have hurt your feelings but unless you are waiting for the recession to end you better get busy.

jhsiegel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hope I didn't come on too strong, I am just trying to be helpful.I'm retired & the economy really screwed me & my plans for a comfortable retirement. Good luck,these are tough times for everybody. It's a beautiful car.

paul fettig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in the market for the same year car you are selling and have looked at your ad. Problem is the interior and exterior have been modified. The engine mods do not bother me much but prefer it be all original. I like the original look of the car. Once you change the interior and exterior, you are looking for a very special buyer with the same taste as yours. That will take time if you find one at all.

OP
OP
R

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drop the price radically and sell the car or let your ego keep you & the car as best of friends forever! I priced my gts realistically for the horrible market and sold the car in a week. Waiting for the right buyer is like waiting for the right woman, it may never happen. The dealer lives in the real world & his price maay have hurt your feelings but unless you are waiting for the recession to end you better get busy.

You are right on so many levels. And I am also realistic about the whole prospect of selling it for a lower price. There may be a buyer, but how long does one wait. I would like to get into a Challenger right away, but I don't have to if necessary. Most dealers I have talked too are all in the same price range low $30's. I have a deal working right now and will keep everyone posted.

OP
OP
R

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in the market for the same year car you are selling and have looked at your ad. Problem is the interior and exterior have been modified. The engine mods do not bother me much but prefer it be all original. I like the original look of the car. Once you change the interior and exterior, you are looking for a very special buyer with the same taste as yours. That will take time if you find one at all.

I understand your request. It's too bad but the interior shots did not come out as good as the exterior. The leather I choose was a dark red (Mercedes) The photo show up as bright red.

SublimEd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello Rolstar,
I'm Ed, read this post and from what I read, are you looking for a new Challenger or old?
I have a new 2008 SRT8 Challenger, 1500 miles, numbered edition, Hemi Orange, Loaded including moon roof and NAV.
I am looking to sell so I can move up to a Viper.
I don't see the car listed? Only the link to the pics.
What was your asking price? The car does look sharp!
Thanks,
Ed

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I checked out Tom's car on the way home from work tonight and have to say it looks awesome but it's really more than I need. The interior is gorgeous and the entire car is pristine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4