Car For Sale!

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2002 GRAPHITE RT/10: posted by Rolstar

Is anyone selling their car experiencing the same results I am? My car has been for sale since April, with not inquiries. The ad has been viewed over 1300 times, but no bites. I thought it was priced right considering the mods that were done and the low milage. Is it priced too high? Not the right color? I am looking for some feedback. I don't want to sell it cheap and de-value the brand, but I have a Challenger on order.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had luck diversifying my add choices when I advertised my 04...my suggestion is to try various vending options....autobuy.com,autotrader.com,hemmings, and ebay among some....tough market.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't see the link to your ad so can't have an opinion.

Last thread about "selling Gen 2" sold the car within a month.

Suggest Posting a link.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lots of nice mods, but no super charger/heads and no rwhp numbers.

Look beautiful, but without the engine modded you're in between modded and stock. Without supercharger of 600+hp I have to agree with Big-n.

sorry

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's just one man's opinion but I am not fond of the interior you've installed. Perhaps I'm in the minority.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Seems a little high to me. Most mods do not increase the value of the car unless you find a buyer that wants those exact mods. I also agree, without hp engine modification the rest are just are mostly preference. I know that ***** because you clearly have a ton of money in the car. It is one beautiful car though. I wish the prices would stay up. We all want top dollar when we sell and we want to steal one when we buy.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
price is definitely high but the color of the interior has to be hurting you. i like the way it looks but think id be in the minority.

OP
OP
R

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All good points. I appreciate the input Guys. I'll consider lowering the price to see what bites. Should have done this earlier. Now with winter coming!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the interior, but the price does seem high and I'd recommend adding several more pictures. We all know what a Viper looks like, but when buying a high $$ item, people like to see a lot of pictures just to be sure you aren't trying to hide something. I'm not saying you are, just a suggestion to help make people feel "better" that they can see all angles of the car. Good luck! Its a beautiful car!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is one of the nicest looking RT/10s I have seen. Price might be a bit high. If you absolutely have to sell, stick it on ebay. But you might only get $35-$38K for it.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your car looks great (love the color combo). But I picked up lightly modded ACR with similar miles for $12k less two months ago. So your price is definitely what's hurting you.

Nick

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I lived in Whippany for 12 years and I'm in Sussex county now and currently shopping for a car. I was going to call you a couple of weekends ago to see the car but the price is high. Your car looks exceptional but there are real nice Gen2s around for for $15-$20k less. In fact there are nice 2006 coupes for less right now. The lack of a hard top is a factor as well..

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't seen the car in a couple years but it was in VERY nice shape. I'm sure it still is.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep its a very nice car, Some people will like the mods you have done, others will not, This puts you in a difficult position. You can drop the price by a couple of thousand you may get a bite. But someone has really got to like the dash and interior options. I think you need some more close up pics of the interior, I also agree with others about not having a Hard Top for the car. To be honest your well into GTS Monies, and the buyer may end up going that route!

Good Luck
Mark
:uk:

RC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't want to undervalue your car, but I am in the market for a Viper right now and for the money
their are numerous 2006 Gen IIIs available.

If I want a convertible I can get a 2008 for 58K.

That's a tough thing to compete against.

OP
OP
R

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There may be some confusion. There are 2 tops for the car. It just so happened I photographed it with the top off. I just assumed that everyone knew what the hard top looked like.

8086IMG_00151.JPG

8086IMG_00191.JPG

OP
OP
R

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't want to undervalue your car, but I am in the market for a Viper right now and for the money

Believe me I know! But it is a matter of what body style you want. And I think there is still some value in the GenII's

OP
OP
R

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How about trading it in on the Challenger. You'd at least save some taxes. Buhler gave me a great deal when I traded my 03 on an 08.

That was my plan, until the dealer offered me a outrageous low number for the car. They really didn't want the car, they would bring it to auction and wholesale it.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not think the price is high, guess I won't be selling mine all to soon. I am not a huge fan of the interior but it's not bad at all. Generally I think the car looks great, but I'm wondering why you needed new tranny? Did you let Bobby C drive the car ? Oh...then I understand. Or was it when you were franticly trying to catch up to me once out at Pocono ??? lololol.

Good luck,

AC

OP
OP
R

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I will probably hold onto it for the winter and wait til the spring to try and sell it again.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over here, Gen2 prices seem to hold better than gen3, but because of the monies you have spent on the car I think you will have to hold out for the right buyer.

Good pic of the hard top :2tu: That should help :)

Mark
:uk:

PS: The Euro is strong now, you never know those crazy German guys may be interested :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62