Won't Start, Won't Crank. Blown ASD fuse.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Thanks to all on the board that have posted this "fix" as it happened to me today. Don't know if there is such a thing as a good place for the Viper not to start, but it happened in a big, wide open parking lot only about 2 miles from the house when I was trying to teach my 15, soon to be 16 year old son, to drive the Viper/manual tranny.

He killed it, kind of hard, when trying to start/stop. Went to start it, and nothing! Pushed in the start button, and the clock goes out, power kinda blinks, but nothing else. No click from the starter, no clicks from any relays, lights work fine. At first, I thought he might not have been pushing in the clutch all of the way or that it might have been a clutch switch issue, as the carpeting had bunched up - but not to be.

I temporarily used the 20 amp fuse just forward of the ASD slot that was for the cigarette lighter and it started right up. Per the recommendation from some on the board, I replaced the 20 amp fuse with a 25 amp fuse. (For those that are not familiar with the fuse box location, it is in the engine compartment on the drivers side.)

BTW - don't know what else the ASD fuse controls, but it would not push start - that or my son and I were too weak to get any speed to push start it.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just checking, do you mean Auto Shut down, cavity 11 ?

i havent checked my car but the owners manual says its a 25amp fuse, so guessing this is more prone to occur on the earlier SRT's

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave