Anyone have a Lift King lift ? I do now. Pics!

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Anyone have a Lift King lift ?

We are in the process of building a new house and attached garage,:2tu: Just in the planning stages (so no pics yet). Am building the garage 50x50 12 foot ceilings ,:2tu: should be good for 15 Cars on the floor and I also plan on a few lifts, Possibly 5, I like the Back yard buddy,seems a little more stable than the others I have seen. I won't need them until probably August as that is when it is proposed to be finished.:D:D

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We are in the process of building a new house and attached garage,:2tu: Just in the planning stages (so no pics yet). Am building the garage 50x50 12 foot ceilings ,:2tu: should be good for 15 Cars on the floor and I also plan on a few lifts, Possibly 5, I like the Back yard buddy,seems a little more stable than the others I have seen. I won't need them until probably August as that is when it is proposed to be finished.:D:D

:2tu: I am jealous!!

Tony2

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I got a quote for a Lift King yesterday. I need the 12000lb lift so I can put my truck on it. I also plan on getting 'the slider' that allows you to lift your vehicle off it's wheels while it's in the lift. The 12000lb lift also has turn plates which will be nice for my race car. All I need now is the rest of my garage! At least all the concrete is done.

G

OP
OP
A

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I got a quote for a Lift King yesterday. I need the 12000lb lift so I can put my truck on it. I also plan on getting 'the slider' that allows you to lift your vehicle off it's wheels while it's in the lift. The 12000lb lift also has turn plates which will be nice for my race car. All I need now is the rest of my garage! At least all the concrete is done.

G

What are "turn plates"?. Just bought mine today!! Blue Pro King 8000LB

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You getting them to assemble and deliver? When I was speaking to the guy he was saying it was somthing like $500. A lot of money but considering the weight and having to get a few buddies to help set up, it may not be that bad ofan idea.

I will be interested in your reviews on it.

Tony2

OP
OP
A

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You getting them to assemble and deliver? When I was speaking to the guy he was saying it was somthing like $500. A lot of money but considering the weight and having to get a few buddies to help set up, it may not be that bad ofan idea.

I will be interested in your reviews on it.

Tony2

Nope, I'm doing it myself. Will lure some friends to help with pizza and beer like Brad did.;)

OP
OP
A

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

They were sold out of blue and have a shipment coming in next week. Expecting delivery the week after. What I can't fathom is they had them stacked up 3 weeks ago when I was in there and now they are down to a couple left in stock of any color. Sales of lifts are brisk they told me.
Car guys, gotta love 'em.

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nope, I'm doing it myself. Will lure some friends to help with pizza and beer like Brad did.;)

No offense Jim....but now I'm glad I live 2000 miles from you!!! Otherwise.....oh yeah....I'd be there for you buddy!!:rolleyes:

Those lifts are friggin heavy!!

OP
OP
A

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OK...done!
John, if you start driving now, the lift should be here about the time you arrive
You must be registered for see images attach

banshe302

Viper Owner
Reaction score

i have a BACK YARD BUDDY in my garage a little pricey but by far the best the way it is made . If u need any information pm me good luck

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Hey all,

If you are going to use this lift as a storage lift and not do any work on it, then you are fine. If you plan on doing any kind of work on these lifts I would recommend NOT getting them. You are better off with a Back Yard Buddy or get a Revolution lift. I would prefer the revolution lift because the people at back yard buddy seem a little difficult to deal with so when you need help I am not sure if they would be Johnny on the spot. Revolution is tough and over built.

Allot of these dealers are buying lifts from China and the quality is not there for a lift if you are going to use it for service. Just talking from experience.

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey nice work on the roof!! Looks good!! For some reason if you are short on manpower when you are doing the lift, I may possibly be able to assist, I am just in Panorama Hills so only 10 min away from you.

Tony2

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey nice work on the roof!! Looks good!! For some reason if you are short on manpower when you are doing the lift, I may possibly be able to assist, I am just in Panorama Hills so only 10 min away from you.

Tony2

See, who says the barter system is dead.:D

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Turn plates go under the front wheels. They allow you to turn the wheels easily and they measure the amount that you've turned them. It'll make alignments on my race car easier. I use portable ones now.

I go to a pro to get my ACR aligned.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey all,

If you are going to use this lift as a storage lift and not do any work on it, then you are fine. If you plan on doing any kind of work on these lifts I would recommend NOT getting them. You are better off with a Back Yard Buddy or get a Revolution lift. I would prefer the revolution lift because the people at back yard buddy seem a little difficult to deal with so when you need help I am not sure if they would be Johnny on the spot. Revolution is tough and over built.

Allot of these dealers are buying lifts from China and the quality is not there for a lift if you are going to use it for service. Just talking from experience.

What makes the lift good for storage but not for working on? I'm about to buy a Lift King (local company, fantastic reputation). Is it the way the lift is configured or is it just the repeated use?

BTW, the local Mercedes dealer uses the Lift King Stacking system to park their cars. I'm not sure if it's still there but you could see it near the Bus Depot in Calgary. It looked really cool.

Greg

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Time for an update! Do you have a picture of your lift set up?

Greg

OP
OP
A

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Time for an update! Do you have a picture of your lift set up?

Greg

Well yeah, finished assembly before we went away for Christmas but I couldn't get the Viper outside (and then back into the garage with my icy driveway) so I can roll it into position.

Did a test fit of my son's car underneath though....Maybe tomorrow the rest will melt and I can finish the project.:)

Compensating

Enthusiast
Reaction score

lol at the cardboard cut out... I too had to modify the ceiling...

I went with a bend pak.. third lift I have had and by far the best quality.. good luck!!

Recluse

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Did a test fit of my son's car underneath though....Maybe tomorrow the rest will melt and I can finish the project.

Maybe it's just the angle of the pics, but it looks like it's going to be tight to have the viper on the lift in the up position and have the garage door up at the same time? Judging by where the door tracks end, perhaps you can just raise the door high enough to drive the Mustang in??? I even went back to your cardboard pic and it seems like it's really going to be tight!

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

lol at the cardboard cut out... I too had to modify the ceiling...

I went with a bend pak.. third lift I have had and by far the best quality.. good luck!!

I presume that you don't use your lift for storage....

This might open up a discussion on how to support your car for long term storage but I won't use the frame.

BTW, I just HAVE to get one of those oil drainers that I see in the background. Do you live in Canada? If so - where did you get it?

Greg

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Greg, You can buy the oil drain container at Acklands, It is not the same as you see here but it is made by Lincoln, We have 2 at our shop and they hold roughly 20 gallons.:D:D

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I love it - but I'm having a hard time with the ~ $500 price. I'm sure it's excellent quality but if I do 6 or 8 oil changes/year......

Princess Auto had some a while back but they looked almost pointless. The quality looked a little week to me.

I expect that I'll have one of the Acklands units by spring. I need a welding blanket too - they're not cheap either. Acklands, here I come!

Greg

OP
OP
A

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Drum roll.......

garage door up

cracks beer and sits in lawn chair:D:D

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Very nice!

That is a nice set-up you have. :headbang:

Greg

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score

fireball,

Wouldn't it be kinda of cool for those with 2 post lifts if someone designed some type of runway system so the car could be stored up in the air without the suspension drooping? Has anybody seen an adapter like that already made? Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to make it work.

The Lift Kings look very nice, seems like it's well put together.

Cheers,
George

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper