Best Oil For Viper

Frankster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talking to a bunch of racers (drag racers and road racers) it would seem the status of Mobil 1 has been downgraded a notch based on experience. Some say Mobil 1 is now ranked 10th or 11th in the category of what is the best oil.

Word is this happened when Mobil 1 was sold off with the new owners somehow reducing the quality of the oil for a better return on investment.

It doesn't make sense to me Mobil 1 would do that but that is the word on the street.

Of course the new "KING" of oils are now the AMSOIL "racing blends" because of their higher zinc content and better base properties.

I'm a born skeptic in matters like this as everyone is always trying to get a leg up on the other guy.

What worries me is allot of people seem to be beleiving this stuff to the point where it has caused some doubt in my mind.

Could AMSOIL be a better product?

Dammit, where's the Fuels and Lubes geek of the realm when you need him?

Kadeuces

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If your car is still under warranty, you'd better you what it calls for.
If not, the wrong oil could void your warranty and when you go in for an engine problem, they usually test it.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there have to be 25 threads on oil in the last 6 months, do a little searching and im sure you will see some of toms answers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth