Latest Viper Production News. No 2011.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Headline sure needs to be rewritten, as it sound like Chrysler is broke , even in September, instead of..........Chrysler's profits broke even , this September.

Thanks for the posting , as after the other revelations of today, it likely can give folks a good feeling on how things are progressing in Detroit.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think chrysler is going to do very well in these years to come-:usa:

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "break even" part made no sense until I read this part:

Jeremy Anwyl, CEO of auto industry research site Edmunds.com, said Chrysler's break-even performance in September is partly due to the one-time windfall generated by dealers who have been rebuilding their inventory after shortages in the late summer.
While reported auto sales reflect purchases by consumers, the automakers actually book revenue when cars are sold first to dealers, not to the final customer.

With sales down 30% over a horrific 2008 October I don't see very possitive signals on the horizon just yet:dunno:

no viper yet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how about a v10 Ferrari engine in a 2012 Viper 600 to 700 hp
rumor from Fiat owner of Ferrari

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only if it's 500 cid.

Given 500 cubes, Ferrari would produce a motor with more than 1000HP in a stock configuration. But, when, if ever, is the last time any Italian Motor company produced an 8L motor for the street? I think they have only been produced such blocks for marine applications (think Lamborghini).

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how about a v10 Ferrari engine in a 2012 Viper 600 to 700 hp
rumor from Fiat owner of Ferrari
I hope not, especially if you have to lift the engine out for the 15k mile belt change ala Ferrari. Plus all the other expenses associated with a Ferrari motor. Would sound better than a UPS truck though !!

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hang two more cylinders on it!

I tend to agree. The V10 is kind of cool in concept and a hallmark of the Viper brand, but from an engineering standpoint, it's not the best configuration since the uneven firing leads to some vibration, and it does lead to that 'off' exhaust sound - especially with side exhaust. A V8 or V12 could be perfectly balanced. My vote would go to a DOHC (chain driven, NOT belt driven) V8 if we can't have the V10. For whatever reason, V12s just scare me from a maintenance standpoint.

The problem with a big-cube V8 is that the individual cylinders have to be so big that it's almost impossible to meet today's emission regulations. Add more cylinders, and you can decrease the cylinder bore and improve combustion efficiency. If they already have plans for the 6.4L Hemi, a nice outcome might be to stick a twin-screw supercharger on it and make that a Viper-only powerplant. It would be very easy to get 650HP out of something like that and still meet emissions regulations. There'd probably be plenty of room to squeeze an extra 75-100HP out of it, too (as long as they use the right internals).

I guess we'll see in a year or so...

FallenAngelHIM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No More Viper

Hey VCA. I just read over at my SRT-4 forum that Fiat has announced the discontinuation of the Viper following 2011. This came as very tragic and sad news even for us SRT-4 owners. Did any of you guys hear this since you all are more in the Viper crowd than we are? Here is the link to the original article.

Report: Fiat’s Five Year Chrysler Group Plan, Model by Model Breakdown : Auto News

If this is a repost, please link me to a discussion post.

I was very bummed to read about this but also confused. How does Fiat re-open a Viper plant just to kill off the car? The article does mention potential sports cars replacing it, but without it being a Viper? Discuss?:omg::omg::omg:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: No More Viper

Something will be coming back in 2012. We are just not sure what it is yet. I'm betting on a GEN. V Viper!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

DOZENS of Reposts and thousands of replies since 11/4........SEARCH. VCA members were online LIVE as this was released. Mods, please close or delete this superfluous dupe?

Hey VCA. I just read over at my SRT-4 forum that Fiat has announced the discontinuation of the Viper following 2011. This came as very tragic and sad news even for us SRT-4 owners. Did any of you guys hear this since you all are more in the Viper crowd than we are? Here is the link to the original article.

Report: Fiat’s Five Year Chrysler Group Plan, Model by Model Breakdown : Auto News

If this is a repost, please link me to a discussion post.

I was very bummed to read about this but also confused. How does Fiat re-open a Viper plant just to kill off the car? The article does mention potential sports cars replacing it, but without it being a Viper? Discuss?:omg::omg::omg:

Last edited:

FallenAngelHIM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Something will be coming back in 2012. We are just not sure what it is yet. I'm betting on a GEN. V Viper!

I would hope so, too. It makes no sense, for me as an automotive motorsports enthusiast, for Dodge to stop the production of the Viper. It's their Halo car, is it not? :usa:

V

Venomiss

I Pm'ed one of the mods to ask if they could merge this for you to one of the other threads about the same subject.
No worries and hopefully someday we'll see you on the Viper boards with a Viper of your own.
(We have an SRT-4 too;).)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper