Question for Bill Pemberton

67PLY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to single you out Bill, but I have a question about policies regarding taking delivery of your auto once it has arrived at the dealer.
I ordered my ACR last October, and got a print out of the cost and such. Since then, the car has had an increase on base price of about $5000. I asked my dealer about this, and the first responce I got several months ago, was as long as I took delivery (pay for or finance)within 3 days of it's arrival, the original price would be honored. Wednesday he called to tell me about the Chry press conference, and to let me know that my car was in "I" status, so I asked the question again about the price.This time he mentioned "48 Hours" as the timeframe to take delivery to guarantee the original pricing.

With all that said (sorry) IS there a policy regarding this situation, or is it solely up to the individual dealer as to how they handle this?

If it would be better, you can pm me.
Thanks for your guidance and words of wisdom that I've been soaking in since I pulled the trigger on this car!

Regards,
Joe B
President
Southern Mopar Association
Southern Mopar® Association - Index Page

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not Bill P, but my understanding is that if you have a sold order, they have price protection, and you get the price in effect and agreed to at the time of that order. I don't know of any terms that say the price is only good for two or three days - that should have been disclosed in writing at the time you signed the contract since it materially affects the deal. If the dealer has price protection, I don't see how they could jack the price up because their invoice price doesn't change. Seems like that would be really wrong. If you leave the car on their lot for a long time without paying for it, I think it would be reasonable for them to tell you to pay for it or lose it (and your deposit). Two or three days doesn't seem like a 'long' time to me.

Regarding the price increase, I've heard that there was around a $500 increase, but not $5000. Not sure if that number is right or not - $5k is a lot of money and I've never seen an increase like that in such a small amount of time unless you put your order in back in Oct 2008.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Dealer has 48 hours to show it sold ( types in an NVDR ), and will need a deposit dated when it was ordered or very close, to show the order. It needs to be in your name, and he should also have a copy of the original order to cover you. There are ways to pull it up if he didn't keep it, but these are more options for him to cover to protect himself for reimbursement.

The increases have been fairly high depending on when the order was actually sent, but it is the Dealer's obligation to fill it in and cover all of them for his own benefit -- in case of an audit.

Good luck!!

OP
OP
67PLY

67PLY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Bill! I appreciate you taking the time to set the record straight. And yes, I ordered in Oct of 2008.
Oct 2008 MSRP $104,995
Nov 2009 MSRP $109,020
So it is actually only $4025 increase, and that includes a $50 increase in destination charge.

Thanks,
Joe B

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that's a really long wait for the car! You are patient man. I thought I was going to go crazy when I ordered mine in Feb 09 and couldn't get the car until October. Your wait will be well worth it! These cars are just fantastic performers. I went over mine with a fine-tooth comb when I got it, and the build quality is really good - a lot better than I expected.

VIPER 93

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Bill! I appreciate you taking the time to set the record straight. And yes, I ordered in Oct of 2008.
Oct 2008 MSRP $104,995
Nov 2009 MSRP $109,020
So it is actually only $4025 increase, and that includes a $50 increase in destination charge.

Thanks,
Joe B

How about the Coupe?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave