Finally!! New Viper Owner

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for everyones help in making this dream a reality. I finally got my viper home in it's new state of Texas. I love this car, it's everything I hoped for and more. I can't wait to meet all the fellow VCA members in the near future through meets and such and look forward to being an active member of the community. The car is an 04 with 13k miles. It has Vipair hood, 09 exhaust, and MGW shifter. I'll stop yaking and get to the pics!!

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
His pictures have question marks, or X's, because he linked to facebook pictures, and his privacy in his facebook settings limit the viewing of facebook pictures to anyone outside of his 'friends' network.

Can you adjust your pictures dsg03svt to "everyone" in your security settings in facebook?

OP
OP
D

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
His pictures have question marks, or X's, because he linked to facebook pictures, and his privacy in his facebook settings limit the viewing of facebook pictures to anyone outside of his 'friends' network.

Can you adjust your pictures dsg03svt to "everyone" in your security settings in facebook?

That's weird. It does have "everyone" selected...

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Look forward to meeting you on some cruise runs in the future.

Andy Wheeler

oh yeh did you get the deal you were looking for?

OP
OP
D

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be honest. I got a good deal. It wasn't deal of the century or anything. I'd seen better deals during my search but for one reason or another I couldn't pull the trigger because of location or something else. This one just happened to be the exact car I was looking for (red vert, low miles, clean, with vipair hood being a plus), so I just spent a little more than originally planned just to end my search.

I look forward to meeting you as well!

Look forward to meeting you on some cruise runs in the future.

Andy Wheeler

oh yeh did you get the deal you were looking for?

OP
OP
D

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waiting for these clouds to break, then I'm gonna start on my full detail of it. Clay bar/polish/wax. More pics to follow.

You must be registered for see images attach

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember seeing this SRT on eBay. I dont care for the silver (or chrome) painted mesh grills, but other then that, it looks good.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is one gorgeous Viper there~! THX for the pix. Congratulations and WELCOME~!!!
PM your VIN# to the administrators (lee00blacksilvergts, kcobean, citysnake) to UPGRADE you to Viper Owner, and you mentioned VCA Membership. To join, call 1-800-998-1110 for the rest of this year and next! You're in a GREAT area, lucky you! ENJOY~~~juli

OP
OP
D

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember seeing this SRT on eBay. I dont care for the silver (or chrome) painted mesh grills, but other then that, it looks good.

I've thought of painting them black. I would love it if someone could photoshop it to show what the would look like...:2tu:

hdscreens

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kyle, here is another congrats on the ride.:2tu:
I saw U post about the way the front feels on bumps or uneven surfaces. While yes the wide tires up front make it do that, I think the real culprit is an SRT design choice. I think the front wheels are pushed to forward and if they actually carried more weight by being further back it would have eliminated some of that. When I recently switched from the original 10-spokes to newer H-spokes it eliminated some of it. Just mentioned that in case U decide to go with aftermarket wheels.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've thought of painting them black. I would love it if someone could photoshop it to show what the would look like...:2tu:

To get that silver paint (its saturated by the sun) to PS black and even remotely come close to looking good would be a lot of work, so Im going to post a pic I grabbed from my collection to show you what black mesh looks like on this hood. Yes, I know, the car is orange, but you get the point. lol...

Trust me. Paint them.

Totally agree.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SOLD!!!!!!! :) Any recommendations on paint choice? I'm assuming any high-temp metal paint will do the job...?

To get that silver paint (its saturated by the sun) to PS black and even remotely come close to looking good would be a lot of work, so Im going to post a pic I grabbed from my collection to show you what black mesh looks like on this hood. Yes, I know, the car is orange, but you get the point. lol...

Totally agree.

OP
OP
D

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, are the vents for the vipair hood the same as the 08? I know the scoop in the middle is higher but is the rest of the hood the same?

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, are the vents for the vipair hood the same as the 08? I know the scoop in the middle is higher but is the rest of the hood the same?

That one Im not too sure of, but I would ASSume they are the same. Im sure someone who is more knowledgeable about it will chime in. You cant either paint them or you can purchase the OEM mesh grills from PartsRack (ASSuming they are the same size as OEM on the Vipair hood).

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with most that the black looks best. Better check with Vipair or Partsrack before buying new, because they may well be different. The OEM vent grills are a type of plastic, not metal. Good luck and congrats on finding your Viper.

Bill

Reaction score
That one Im not too sure of, but I would ASSume they are the same. Im sure someone who is more knowledgeable about it will chime in. You cant either paint them or you can purchase the OEM mesh grills from PartsRack (ASSuming they are the same size as OEM on the Vipair hood).

Vipair hood vents are much larger and longer than the factory ones so the factory vents will not work. I say leave them open! :headbang: