Its Here Finally 09 Ssg/acr

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after months of waiting and plant closures my 09 SSG arrived.....The pics are not so great and its dirty(I told the dealership not to touch it).I still have some of the wrappings on...I only had some time to give it a quick wash today in 45 degree weather and will take it for its maiden run tomorrow....
I was so nervous and couldnt wait for it to get off the trailer in one piece,lol......I had a women and her kid stop to look at it and another young couple who were nuts over it and said it looks great even dirty,lol....Another mom drove up with 3 kids in the back of her suv and said her 2 year old boy LOVES cars and had to see it.....
Now for the best part, the trailer leaves and Iam all alone taking some pics at this county garage sand pit; I get in to drive it home and turn the key and nothing but lights??? I try a few more times making sure the clutch pedal was depressed still nothing...Iam sitting there like an idot all alone and it finally dawns on me that I have to PUSH THE BIG RED START BUTTON, LOL:omg::rolaugh::rolaugh: I just laughed out loud and said I have to share this...:lmao::lmao:PS SSG looks killer on the ACR:headbang::headbang::crazy2:

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More at its new home for now......

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are so so lucky to have that.

I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you finally got it! Congrats! You are gonna love it, believe me-these new ACRs are incredible!:drive:

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that's the kind of good news we need!

Congratulations, Kevin! You've waited long and its been a rocky road but you got what you wanted! She looks awesome!

Hey, maybe you shoulda put more miles on the last one...you woulda remembered the push start!

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL,COP M. your totally correct....What a HOMER SIMPSON DOH!!! moment..:rolaugh:

The wing is BIG but doesnt look as tall as I thought it would be which is good..Looks pretty mean just sitting there.. I have half a black car so thats the mean half,lol....I really dont think you can go wrong with any color on a ACR.:headbang:

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
allright kevin welcome to the club. only problem driving it for the first couple of times will be the winglets in your rear view mirror freaking you out that theres someone in your blind spots. besides that drive this one and enjoy it. i got a big smile on my face for you that your saga has finally come to a end and the new track shreeding kevin has been born.:2tu:

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You made the right decision waiting it out!!! now give us your impression when you take it for a spin.....are you keeping it stock or are belangers,HFs Cats, in the works....

Reaction score
Well its a about damn time Kevin, now I'll have to go back to watching soap operas. LOL
The ACR looks amazing in SSG, when are you painting the drivers stripe?
I hope you have many s(miles) of enjoyment, drive safe and I'm glad it all worked out for the best.
Steve

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks awesome!!! You had a similar DOH moment to what I had after my first drive. I shut the car down, and couldn't get the key out of the ignition. I sat there for a few minutes turning it on, turning it off, putting it in gear, applying the parking brake, the regular brakes, the clutch, and still couldn't get it to relase. Then I actually LOOKED at the key and realized I had to push a button to release the key. I wasn't going to tell anyone about it, but since your story was even funnier, I figured I'd fess up.

Be careful on cold roads - don't ask me how I found out :)

By the way, mine came in dirty as heck, too (same reason, didn't want to the dealer to touch it). If you have water spots that sat and dried, they're a b_tch to get out. Even after claying them, I could still see them. I had some old Zaino Z-1 around that I remembered was really good at removing them (I think it's slightly acidic, so it gets rid of calcium and mineral deposits) and it did the trick. Friends were trying to convince me to use other (harsh) compounds, but that Z-1 stuff did the trick.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin, congratulations, buddy! Glad to see you FINALLY got it. It looks great! Enjoy it and make sure you keep those pics coming. :)

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Amazing!! Congrats I hope to own one some day! Looks great!

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe my eyes... I was sure you were going to bail out, on the order..

Congrats!!! Car looks outstanding.. How is quality control on this one?

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin, Thanks for the opportunity to earn your business, I know it was a long time waiting and I am glad you have received the car. I hope the car has met your expectations. I also sent a message about your car cover. SSG is incredible have fun with her, and it's been a couple of days it's time for the mods to begin. Have fun...

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin....Welcome to the ACR Club. Aren't you glad you waited ?
Have Fun...

Spook120

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great looking car. Let us know when you want to sell it.....say in the next 150 miles! Just kidding. Glad for you. *****

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About DARNED time!!! Congrats, and glad it all finally worked out for ya! AWE-some pictures, thx! ENJOY...juli

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin - Looks great and looks like a great day for the delivery. Thanks for posting pics. Enjoy!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235