Pulled the trigger !!

wkdviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I cant beleive it, but I did it. I fly out this afternoon from Toronto to Chicago to pick up a beautifull 2002 Graphite metalic GTS. I woke up at 4:30 this morning all fired up, and no way could I get back to sleep.

I will post pics when I get back, I've never been so excited about a 9 hour drive, and weather looks good. :drive:

Cheers
Steve

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drive carefully! Enjoy the beast and, yes, please post some pictures!

anaconda666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope all your RIV paper work is in order and you have no issues at the border.:drive: Definately post pics when you return. Where in Toronto are you located? Ron.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
9 hours to enjoy your dream! I can understand your excitement sleepless night! CONGRATULATIONS! You'll NEVER regret this.

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats! I would love to have an excuse to drive mine 9 hours on a nice day. Hell I put 300 miles on mine yesterday driving to nowhere (with 15 other Vipers:2tu:)

Enjoy, be safe , and take pics along the way and post up!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on one of the best-colored GTS out there! Hope you hit good weather on your way back...and yes, pics are a MUST~! WELCOME!
(When you have a chance, Private Message your VIN# to the administrators to UPGRADE you to Viper Owner: lee00blacksilvergts, kcobean, citysnake; then hopefully join your regional VCA, you can do that by calling 1-800-998-1110) ENJOY...go easy on the cold roads...!
~juli

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live right off 80 East about 2 hrs east of Chicago on your way back to Toronto. If anything comes up with your car and you need help, don't hesitate to contact me.

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats. That's a great feeling!!! I just did this last week. Except mine was a 12 hour drive to and from Tennessee to San Antonio. The drive up there was hard and the drive home, with it on a trailer behind my truck, was even harder. I wanted to take it off that trailer every second I looked back in my rear view and saw it there!!! Have fun and enjoy it!!!

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Viper Nation dude! :yay:

Very nice choice! So happy to see another Viper in Ont that is NOT red! :lmao::poke:

If you run into any issues let me know! My car also came in from the US so I might have some info for you if you run into anything!

Yes, do post some trip pics!

And do also join the VCA! Best thing I ever did to my car! :)

So, are you home with the car now? How was customs? :eater:

Robert

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with getting it registered. I purchased a Canadian car which I am registering in the US and its some what of a pain. Make sure you get entry forms from customs as most will just wave you through. Also there is a sticker under the hood infront of the driver side window that says the car is EPA compliant in the US and Canada, which will help also.

OP
OP
W

wkdviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, made it back in one piece, and man what a drive. So before I got into thyis car I had never even been in a Viper never mind drive one. I just knew that I had to have one so I got it.
So besides dodging dead dear in Michigan like every 10 miles, trying not to get blood all over the car, I only got stopped once by a state trooper who couldnt see the temp plate in the window because of the tint.
Guys, I gotta tell you, the first thing I noticed was just how quickly I became comfortable with the car, not overconfident, but it just felt right. I didnt push it too much, but the accelleration was smoothe and powerfull. The other thing I noticed was just how comfortable the car actually is, 9 hrs in the seat and no problem. And gas mileage, wow, approx $70US to drive 550 miles, thats 900km. Thats pretty impressive for a 10 cyl car.

Anyway enough about the drive, here is the pic of my new baby at home, and yes WITH factory stripes !!

Cheers guys, and I truly look forward to more to come.
Steve
I LOVE this car !!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is one gorgeous SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSNAKE there~! Glad your drive went well, and can feel your excitement~!! Now don't forget to private message your VIN# to the admins. (lee00blacksilvergts, kcobean, citysnake) to UPGRADE to Viper Owner...and hope that you think about joining your regional VCA chapter~!!! ENJOY with other snakes!
CONGRATS!
~juli

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
congrads i have the same car and just got to really drive mine today and LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
W

wkdviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the great comments, this is a fantastic community of people.

I cant say enough about this car, EVERYONE that sees my car says its one of the most beautifull cars they've ever seen, and you know what, I completely agree (a little biased of course).
The great thing is there are very few of these around up here in Toronto Canada, you may see 2-3 a year..

Thanks again
Steve

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave