Pics of my completed mods list - finally

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got around to taking a couple of shots of the car since I finished my mods list, thought I'd share. My mods are in my sig. I'm very happy with the result, performance is very respectable, 1/4 mile times & mph are solid, ride is improved via the PS2s, and style is updated but not over board. Doing the mods all over the course of a couple months really gave a feeling of getting a new viper, car really feels fresh. Big thanks to the forums for all the resources and advice! :2tu:

P1010552.JPG

P1010550.JPG

P1010554.JPG

I call this one: Fun, Funer, and Funerer.

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't re-dyno'd, but will eventually. At the track she runs consistent 11.70's at 125-126mph on a lousy prepped local track. So I'm confident on mid 11s at a decent track, which I'm very happy with. If I made one more performance mod, it'd be to do 3.55 gears, just to have a little more fun on street at lower speeds. But even that simple mod is a bit of ka-ching.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking good man. I'd love to meet up and check out that hood in person...I had planned on getting an 08 hood, but they are increasingly difficult to locate.

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking good man. I'd love to meet up and check out that hood in person...I had planned on getting an 08 hood, but they are increasingly difficult to locate.

Love to get together sometime, that is if it ever, ever, ever stops raining.

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dman,

Hood looks good!! How did you find the fit and finish? I really like the 08 style hoods but some of the aftermarket ones I have seen the gaps along the sides seem to be wider where it meets the fenders. How long did it take to get the hood?

Thanks for any feedback,

Tony2

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dman,

Hood looks good!! How did you find the fit and finish? I really like the 08 style hoods but some of the aftermarket ones I have seen the gaps along the sides seem to be wider where it meets the fenders. How long did it take to get the hood?

Thanks for any feedback,

Tony2

It took maybe 6 weeks or so to get it & the guy, Steve, seemed very nice. We had some issues getting the transaction to go through, a little while to get it shipped, then the shipper lost it for a couple of weeks, I actually went to the shipper terminal & looked with a shift guy after 10pm one night to find it. But it was in a serious crate & it made the 3,000 mile trip fine. Fit is "ok". Which is fine for me, I think if you're an absolute perfectionist it could be less than ideal, it is an aftermarket item, so it needs a little tolerance. It needed some work for finishing, a couple of cracks, etc., but finshed up nice & looks great on the car. It's just the look I was hoping for, so I'm very happy. Playing with the fenders and everything they got a decent fit, but again, it's not a factory fit, but for aftermarket I would say it's good. And my car is black, which for gaps & alignment, actually helps with forgiveness. (otherwise black is a PITA, although beautiful IMO)

Dave.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your trapping 124-126 mph with just exhaust and filters..Well done!!!!

V

Venomiss

Your finished product turned out very nice.:2tu:

Fun, Funer, & Funerer. That could make it on a comedy skit.

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The lighter wheels are probably the biggest factor in gaining trap speed. Those 10 spokes sure are heavy.

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The lighter wheels are probably the biggest factor in gaining trap speed. Those 10 spokes sure are heavy.

I pulled 126 mph on my stock wheels & runflats, I had the corsa & filters, but hadn't done the wheel / tire change yet. The car started out strong, with my mods I've picked up about 4mph & I'm hoping the lighter wheels & stickier PS2s will improve my ET this spring a bit also.

With 54" of snow outside it's hard to think about the car. But I'm looking forward to getting some runs in this spring & a new dyno pull.

Thnx.

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Sweet!!! I have a black '03 and my new Six-spoke wheels with Kumhos will be here first thing in the morning! And wouldn't you know it, but I bought the Vipair hood a couple of days ago as well. Our cars will be twins soon. What kind of finish work did the hood need prior to painting???

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pulled 126 mph on my stock wheels & runflats, I had the corsa & filters, but hadn't done the wheel / tire change yet. The car started out strong, with my mods I've picked up about 4mph & I'm hoping the lighter wheels & stickier PS2s will improve my ET this spring a bit also.

With 54" of snow outside it's hard to think about the car. But I'm looking forward to getting some runs in this spring & a new dyno pull.

Thnx.
126 mph is smokin. With the better tires, I'm sure you'll be even faster. Do you race at MIR? I'm thinking of taking a road trip there this spring.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah that is violent;) i'm trying to get a list of baby mods together to bridge the gap between my SRT and a C6 Z06. with that trap, you're already there!

Honestly..You need 470 rwhp to run with a stock 445 rwhp C6Z06 in a srt10 through the 1/4 mile..

stock 440 rwhp SRT10 will run 12.1 at 121 on average
stock 445 rwhp C6Z06 will run 11.8 at 124 on average

So the extra 30 rwhp from air filter/no cats/exhaust will get a srt10 to a 11.8 at 123 0n average

The 1/4 mile is the easy part..I beat my friends stock Z06 many times from a dead stop to 120ish with only 470 rwhp...

The Hard part is the roll race...A 445 rwhp C6Z06 will put 4 cars on a 440 rwhp srt10 from 70-140 mph...You need 490 rwhp to really stay door to door with equal drivers..500 rwhp to maybe pull a car...And the 540 rwhp the 2008 Vipers posses to really put a solid 3 cars on the Z06...

With all that said..the SRT10 is just better..

-better exterior
-better brakes and fade
-much better clutch
-better engine lay out using real metal instead of cheesy plastic valve covers
-much rarer

Just a all in all more solid built machine...At stock power levels the Z06 clutch gets "glazed" meaning it stops working..At just 550 rwhp you need a LS9 clutch for 3 grand..

After just a few laps the brakes will fade considerably and who knows..Your roof just might come off..

The Viper on the other hand is simply bullet proof...700 rwhp on stock clutch all day and lap after lap with no issues...

Z06 is fast...But when I saw my srt10 next to a buddies C6Z06..It was pretty evidant why the viper cost 10K more at 83K vrs 73K.....

With all that said..DMANS car is the exception...most of us trapp 121 mph stock and maybe 123 mph with the intake/exhaust mods....Is it his car or maybey he really is....

D MAN

7-LITRE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly..You need 470 rwhp to run with a stock 445 rwhp C6Z06 in a srt10 through the 1/4 mile..

stock 440 rwhp SRT10 will run 12.1 at 121 on average
stock 445 rwhp C6Z06 will run 11.8 at 124 on average

So the extra 30 rwhp from air filter/no cats/exhaust will get a srt10 to a 11.8 at 123 0n average

The 1/4 mile is the easy part..I beat my friends stock Z06 many times from a dead stop to 120ish with only 470 rwhp...

The Hard part is the roll race...A 445 rwhp C6Z06 will put 4 cars on a 440 rwhp srt10 from 70-140 mph...You need 490 rwhp to really stay door to door with equal drivers..500 rwhp to maybe pull a car...And the 540 rwhp the 2008 Vipers posses to really put a solid 3 cars on the Z06...

With all that said..the SRT10 is just better..

-better exterior
-better brakes and fade
-much better clutch
-better engine lay out using real metal instead of cheesy plastic valve covers
-much rarer

Just a all in all more solid built machine...At stock power levels the Z06 clutch gets "glazed" meaning it stops working..At just 550 rwhp you need a LS9 clutch for 3 grand..

After just a few laps the brakes will fade considerably and who knows..Your roof just might come off..

The Viper on the other hand is simply bullet proof...700 rwhp on stock clutch all day and lap after lap with no issues...

Z06 is fast...But when I saw my srt10 next to a buddies C6Z06..It was pretty evidant why the viper cost 10K more at 83K vrs 73K.....

With all that said..DMANS car is the exception...most of us trapp 121 mph stock and maybe 123 mph with the intake/exhaust mods....Is it his car or maybey he really is....

D MAN

Good play on names! i'm at 452/494 with corsa w/o cats. k&n arriving in a few days. hopefully find some used belangers,lighter flywheel, and a tune.

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet!!! I have a black '03 and my new Six-spoke wheels with Kumhos will be here first thing in the morning! And wouldn't you know it, but I bought the Vipair hood a couple of days ago as well. Our cars will be twins soon. What kind of finish work did the hood need prior to painting???

Cool. There's probably plenty of variance on them for prep work, but mine required a good amount. It needed some filling & plenty of sanding, about $250 in prep work for a total of $650 for prep & paint. It took a bit of work, but I love the result.

I haven't been to MIR in about 20 yrs back when I was there participating in a mustang shootout. I go to capitol raceway every once in a while, MIR is waaay better from what I remember.

I went to a vette shoot out last fall, I was the only viper, I ran against a C6Z06 3 times, I won 2 & he won 1 (I spun on an overly agressive 3rd gear shift).

Thanks for the props, but I thinks it's all the car ... just blessed with a strong engine.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have an aftermarket 2008 hood...My fenders also had to be played with to get her close to perfect...Actually had to use spacers ( wich looked like crap when the hood was open) so I went to Checkers and bought a bunch of the rubber strips used for windows ect. with the sticky adhiesive peel off on the backs and put those against my fenders to hide that they were ever touched...

lot of work..but man the results speak for them selves...