Dave's Big Brakes new owner, JonB, PartsRack

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:usa: Dave's Big Brakes is proud to announce that we have sold our business to JonB at the Parts Rack, PartsRack.com - Home. :usa:

JonB will do a great job carrying on the great parts and service Dave provided the entire Viper community. Dave loved cars, and more importantly, loved helping others. We feel JonB will continue that high standard, so buy with confidence from the Parts Rack. :drive:

Jeff Cawthorne

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will there still be new products being developed? It seemed like Dave always had a list up his sleeve, and I always looked forward to seeing the latest goodie or invention.

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice, glad to hear you got that squared away Jeff. Jon was actually my first thought when you mentioned selling the business. Well besides myself, but I had no money for such adventures. :(

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice, glad to hear you got that squared away Jeff. Jon was actually my first thought when you mentioned selling the business. Well besides myself, but I had no money for such adventures. :(

Also didn't/haven't got the money when Dave called and offered it to me....

Go Jon:2tu::headbang:
Is BBD going to get a mention on Jons Web page??????

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a bit of good news! Congratulations to Cawthorne family and to JonB! No doubt Dave's memory will continue to live on among the Viper community; something he would have greatly enjoyed.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to both parties involved!

Just happy to see such a great company like DBB to continue to exist and offer their products to the community! :)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This "sale" and purchase was a labor of Viper passion that began months before Dave's sad passing. Those who care, will want to know this: The SoCal VCA had its finest hour in the way they helped Dave transition from owner to seller to departed friend. Dave had so MANY friends in CA VCA to help Arlene and Jeff and I make this happen, it was truly an inspiration to watch unfold. Dave was indeed loved, on so many fronts.

That said, may I be the first to say: "JonB is NO Dave Cawthorne!" He and I were alike in many ways, ex airline, etc, and we kibitzed a lot about our own pet peeves and such. A few of his peeves matched mine.....and many of his engineering skills vastly exceed mine. He was a 2-year CUSTOMER of mine before he decided to 'make Vipering better. ' We had partnered on several items, and PartsRack was Dave's largest customer. So that led up to the logical conclusion for us to purchase Dave's Big Brakes. It was a bit merger, a lot purchase, a nice blending.

Will the "DAVE'S" product names stay? You Bet! It would be almost sacrilegious to change them. Does PartsRack's web skills still ****? Yup. But I did manage to post an RIP Tribute on the main DBB page...that took me almost a day! So, it'll be slow changeover web-wise.

We have relocated the inventory, we are replacing those stocks that ran out....and we are going to launch a couple items that Dave and I brainstormed about. And, we are going to have a SALE!

For now, please EMAIL ME with orders or questions. [email protected]. If I can manage it half as well as Dave, it will still be good service....'cause Dave was GREAT. OGO they call him at SoCal VCA. Oh, Great One. {Old, Great One? Old Gray One?}

And we are creating a Dave Cawthorne "OGO Track Rat award" for SoCal VCA to award annually in Dave's memory. [ You gotta be age 50+ to win it....more later ] We miss him.

Last edited:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon
I'm sure you will do Dave proud ... Glad to hear the BBD name will be still around...

Congrats and keep up the good work.....

Dave always said i was second place to you as top customer......LOL!!!! pleased to be up there with the best...

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Extremely glad to see the company live on. Jeff was able to get me a Dave's BBK shipped not too long ago and I have loved every minute of it. Would have been a shame to see the product line fade out. It is a great thing that Jon B now carries and owns the brand. Now we know it will remain around for a very long time!!

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS Jon !

The Viper Family is lucky to have PartsRack take over DBB. It is the best for EVERYONE !

If you or any potential customers need any help with the brake kits, just give me a shout.....

Lance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper