'09: No "Dodge" "Viper" on bumper?

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just noticed my new '09 doesn't have the Dodge Viper raised emblems on the rear bumper cover. Is that normal for an '09? All pics I can find show them. :confused:

OP
OP

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. I doubt this was an oversight at the plant so I wonder if something happened to the original bumper.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be that you have a one-of-one car :) Those are easy stick-on things - if you bring it to the attention of the dealership, I'm sure they will order the parts and give them to you. I think it would look better without them, though - and easier to wax the bumper.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be that you have a one-of-one car :) Those are easy stick-on things - if you bring it to the attention of the dealership, I'm sure they will order the parts and give them to you. I think it would look better without them, though - and easier to wax the bumper.

I agree...just leave it off...get one from the dealership and just hang on to it...

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeesz, seems to me there was a vendor here last year bragging about how the quallity control inspection at the end of the assembly line was so good. Guess not. More cost cutting at DC and lack of control more like it.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you happen to have an ACR "******** Package?" I do know on the those cars the emblems are left off to save weight.
I just noticed my new '09 doesn't have the Dodge Viper raised emblems on the rear bumper cover. Is that normal for an '09? All pics I can find show them. :confused:

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeesz, seems to me there was a vendor here last year bragging about how the quallity control inspection at the end of the assembly line was so good. Guess not. More cost cutting at DC and lack of control more like it.

Ha! My 08' had a seat with blue stitching/logo and one with black stitching/logo. :D

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny thing mine came without them...I have seen some VOIX cars with them and some without...one wonders if this was a supply chain issue and they had to keep the lines moving....

You must be registered for see images attach

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Your car should have them..Another miss by the end of line inspector:rolleyes: Leave them off it looks much cleaner and if people dont know what kind of car it is,oh well:D

Funny thing mine came without them...I have seen some VOIX cars with them and some without...one wonders if this was a supply chain issue and they had to keep the lines moving....

Might be Art but they should make sure its noted and supplied to the dealers so they could put them on or give them to the customers...Just bad QC:confused:....PS Your ACR is beautiful, how about some front shots.?

My 08 ******** without badges

Thats a beautiful combo,must be a b**ch to keep clean..Lets see some front pics too...

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
is it possible that what was being said before is taking place now...aren't they going to just be viper brand? not dodge anymore...maybe that is why, they are starting to do away with them! my 07 ram 1500 doen't have one dodge emblem on it, just the ram itself and ram 1500 no dodge...also the new ram trucks are being introduced as such...just ram...look at a new ram, no dodge emblems there too! just a thought!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be several things ...

1. ********* delete item

2. Supply chain issue at startup after the BK, I doubt they would hold up production for this item.
And Connor was the first plant to start up.

3. Running change either they felt just not needed or as a result of the lack of supply.

4. I really doubt it's a QC issue as there seem to be too many missing. It's seems to have been a known factor and they thought it really does not matter, that's really true as evidenced by divided opinion on their worth here.

If it's 2 or 3 than the latest cars won't have them.

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think it looks better without. Has anyone tried to take them off? If you pulled them off would the paint underneath be messed up?

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
******** ACR = Orange

Has emblems. Only identified weight savings are no hood pad, no truck carpeting, stereo delete, speaker delete, and carbon fiber covers for fuel tank access, battery and holes left by absence of above audio equip.

Was sitting on the line when BK occurred and has a 4/15 build date.

My guess is a parts issue / color issue? i.e. they had enough orange ones left over so I got them?

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think it looks better without. Has anyone tried to take them off? If you pulled them off would the paint underneath be messed up?

Reminds me of the guy who had a new 2001 yellow RT/10. If I remember correctly, the car was missing the side Viper emblems and then a few weeks later, caught on fire because the P/S reservoir cap came loose and leaked fluid onto the engine.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rich,
I took some off my Vipers(Yellow side emblems) to put black ones on..I took the rear ones off my 08 SSG coupe....My 09 ACR has them but I havent decided to pull them...They come off pretty easy with a blow-dryer..The glue under them can be cleaned up with some goo-gone or a light solvent...Kevin

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was no quality control on the 09. If you check your car out thoroughly you will be surprised how many nuts and bolts are either stripped or just missing.

2006red/whitecoupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never could figure this one out and no one has ever come up with an explanation; my '06 certainly has it, my '08 does not...when I was at VOI in Detroit I looked at the '08 SRT Vipers at the prooving grounds and they all had it. 10 Bonus points for the one who can provide a correct answer to this one as I have no clue.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the bezel that should have come with my car pic taken off another VOIX car....Mike/Julie's came with one....The fact that some hardcores ACRs came with Emblems
reinforces the parts availability issue at time of build.....
nav.jpg

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered some gen 3 badges in may 09 while in NY and they came through 4 months later.. They where on back order.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper