Final 500 details-

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So when do we start hearing about these cars? If they want them selling by Springtime Dodge better get the ball rolling soon, as it seems to be taking many months to get the finished orders out the door. They need to catch the summer window, or risk losing out on a good number of sales.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe Bill P or Bernie at BJ motors might have a guess on when orders will open up for the MY2010....I doubt anything will get done in December.....

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I read a post by Bill P. saying that there will be no special paint scheme's or anything like that. What may make them "special" is the fact that they are the "Final 500". Maybe a dash plaque or something like that.
So when do we start hearing about these cars? If they want them selling by Springtime Dodge better get the ball rolling soon, as it seems to be taking many months to get the finished orders out the door. They need to catch the summer window, or risk losing out on a good number of sales.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe 750 HP. I thought when the Gen4's were being designed that they were even more than 600 HP, but detuned them to stay just ahead of thier competition. Anyway it is all speculation at this point.

Bruce

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like what they did with the final "200" was it..... sidepipe cars was a special ingraving on the sills.

Some type of part like that would be cool. Not some silly dash item.

OP
OP
Lawrenzo

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I think that with so few being built, the Viper as we know it should go out with a BANG:drive:

Since it will have negligible effects on CAFE standards the factory should offer options like 3:55 or even 4:10 gears, headers and low restriction cats, Stoptech brake packages, ******** packages, maybe even the Mopar PCM:2tu:

Make our Viper the baddest car ever to be produced in Detroit! A freaking living LEGEND!!

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is what I dont understand in regards to what was mentioned earlier about it taking MONTHS for people to recieve their ordered cars. You can order a brand new BMW (built to your specs) and it will get to you in a MONTH or less. The car comes from Germany (if you're ordering an M3 etc...). A Viper is built in the USA. I understand that the Viper is hand built and fewer units are made comapred to a BMW, but still, it shouldnt take more than a month, a couple at that, to build a Viper and ship it.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is what I dont understand in regards to what was mentioned earlier about it taking MONTHS for people to recieve their ordered cars. You can order a brand new BMW (built to your specs) and it will get to you in a MONTH or less. The car comes from Germany (if you're ordering an M3 etc...). A Viper is built in the USA. I understand that the Viper is hand built and fewer units are made comapred to a BMW, but still, it shouldnt take more than a month, a couple at that, to build a Viper and ship it.

And in the past it worked very quickly: Case in Point...all 200 White Mambas were built by Febuary 2004; my build date was Febuary; car was at the dealer in March - about a 30 day lapse from build to delivery at the dealer. Bet this is a supply chain problem stemming from suppliers,part availablity; some of the VOIX cars came with the arch pattern console/dash bezel...some like mine were delivered with the black ones (same with the rear bumper lettering some have others don't). I have had JONB and Mark J looking for the arch dash pieces to no avail...its like the feast/famine syndrome on parts availability....

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll bet they don't release much info on the final 500 until the dealer inventories are depleted or they absolutely have to release the information for logistical reasons. At least, that's what I would do if I were a large company and wanted to build a better relationship with my dealership network.

OP
OP
Lawrenzo

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll bet they don't release much info on the final 500 until the dealer inventories are depleted

I doubt all the new 08's and 09's will be depleted before the end of this year. Unless of course the factory offers another value killing $20k incentive:crazy2: If they go that route, many of the existing Gen 4 owners could be hesitant to trade in, so Dodge will be dependant upon the older Gen owners to fill the void.

If they drag their feet and wait too long before they open the ordering process many deliveries will miss the warm weather window:nono:

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ithought they said that all 500 or whatever the number is would be built by the end of July..? When are they going to post the color chart for 2010..?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
True that. I tried to get a graphite instrument bezel for my '08 from MOPAR and was told that the top piece that goes around the gauges was like $800.00 :omg: and they were not making the bottom piece that went around the shifter.
And in the past it worked very quickly: Case in Point...all 200 White Mambas were built by Febuary 2004; my build date was Febuary; car was at the dealer in March - about a 30 day lapse from build to delivery at the dealer. Bet this is a supply chain problem stemming from suppliers,part availablity; some of the VOIX cars came with the arch pattern console/dash bezel...some like mine were delivered with the black ones (same with the rear bumper lettering some have others don't). I have had JONB and Mark J looking for the arch dash pieces to no avail...its like the feast/famine syndrome on parts availability....

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge.ca I believe has the colors for 2010 on their build a viper option. Sapphire blue is in there. :)
Ithought they said that all 500 or whatever the number is would be built by the end of July..? When are they going to post the color chart for 2010..?

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt all the new 08's and 09's will be depleted before the end of this year. Unless of course the factory offers another value killing $20k incentive:crazy2: If they go that route, many of the existing Gen 4 owners could be hesitant to trade in, so Dodge will be dependant upon the older Gen owners to fill the void.

If they drag their feet and wait too long before they open the ordering process many deliveries will miss the warm weather window:nono:

It's definitely a tough situation... There are probably close to 100 cars out there in inventory or dealer ordered, and I believe they only built around 600 cars for '09. I'm sure they're scratching their heads on what to do. It probably won't be until Christmas time that we find out any real details.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe 750 HP. I thought when the Gen4's were being designed that they were even more than 600 HP, but detuned them to stay just ahead of thier competition. Anyway it is all speculation at this point.

Bruce
NEVER going to happen as DOING ANYTHING (even something as small as smooth tubes and filters )requires recertification and that costs MILLIONS of dollars.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: Final '500' details?

Take a deep breath, and get out your down payments. My guess based on studying and analyzing this snake since 1989, is that you WILL be able to order MY-2010s maybe even this month. [And then the frantic 2009 selloff begins.]

In the meantime, CAAP is only open for Inspecting and shipping Prefix-finished 2009s.
CAAP will NOT build any MY-2010 this calendar year.

As orders accrue, SUPPLIERS will start building parts, and sending them to CAAP, stockpiling enuf to begin building MY-'10 in Feb-March at earliest. And build 375 - 500 ORDERED cars by end of June-July 4 finale. So the 2010s will happen QUITE FAST in relationship to past models, and to when orders open.

Simultaneously, a " Whole Lotta Considerin' " Will be goin on! And you know what about....

PPS: The 2010 Motor will not change a washer. And to compare Viper orders to BMW?
Not a valid comparison!! Look at the volume of units sold...Viper is NOT a mass-produced vehicle!

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parts should not be a problem as the suppliers have now been told how many they will need for 2010. Color might be a problem, but parts should not be.:headbang:
The Dodge 2010 color chart I saw did not include Vipers, and they discontinued YELLOW on the RAMS! DRAT!:nono:

PBR

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave