GPS tracking units

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for a GPS tracking device? Pros and cons also would be appreciated, thanks, John

OP
OP
B

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a trailer--the one that was stolen last year which I recovered. Thanks Plum.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that those tracking devices store tracking information and you have to get the device back in your hands so you can download the GPS information to your laptop. If someone steals your car/trailer and you never see it again, then you don't have any tracking information. I'm not aware of any real-time tracking devices currently on the market...I'm guessing that it's a civil liberties issue. I mean if the real-time tracking was avaialble, you could put one on anybody's car and that would be like stalking :dunno:.

OP
OP
B

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There must something other than lojack that can do the job in real time. Anyone else?

67PLY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I work for Advance Auto parts, we have something that we sell for tracking purposes. I'm not sure exactly how it works, because we only have sales literature and no actual device in store.

Later,
Joe B

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235