anybody have pull with STL customs?

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a shipment of tile from Italy for the man cave and received notification that it has an USDA hold on it. I guess the shipment is in STL. I thought that if anyone had any pull in the STL customs area that my tile wouldn't get held too long or at least maybe it could be inspected and not sitting for an extended period of time. The tile is bound for Unique Tile, Nixa, MO under the name of Paul or Melissa Mudd. I'm not sure how/why the tile is hitting customs in STL after coming into NY from Italy but that is the info I got.

I can't get the cars on the tile for 30 days after it is set so I want to get the tile down ASAP for a few planned photo shoots of the cars.

Any help from viper nation would be appreciated. You can check out pics of the man cave in the KC section if interested.

Thanks,
Dave

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave-

I can't help you with the tile thru customs unless there are drugs in with the tile.

Seriously, I don't know anyone in the area that could help with this.

-M

commonsense

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I deal with customs a couple of times a year. It doesn't hurt to call the local customs office and talk to someone.

If your supplier has his main facility in St. Louis, it's not unusual for it to be sent to St. Louis 'under bond' where it will be inspected. My shipments usually are inspected in Kansas City.

Do you have a customs broker? What do they say? If you don't have one, I use Scarbrough International here in St. Louis. Their phone number is 314-429-7900. They don't charge that much to handle a shipment.

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This company receives shipments from Italy all of the time but of course they pick on mine to inspect. Should only hold it up for a couple of days. I guess the USDA thinks I have some olives or pizza stored in there. We will be bugging them enough so it shouldn't get lost in backlog of inspections.

I have a researchers license so I can get all of the scheduled drugs I need fromthe US government, don't need to order from Italy! I thought I would just throw it out there and see if anyone worked in the office and could get it inspection quickly so we can get working on the tile.

thanks,
dave