Torn boot

AndrewDoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was taking off my center panel to condition the leather boot around the gear shift lever and I looked down and noticed a small tear in the rubber boot around the shifter arm where it enters the tranny. There was no oil or anything untoward-appearing (is this a word?), but is this a big deal? Is this something that falls under the 3/36K warranty (I am still under that until June)???

Thanks.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was taking off my center panel to condition the leather boot around the gear shift lever and I looked down and noticed a small tear in the rubber boot around the shifter arm where it enters the tranny. There was no oil or anything untoward-appearing (is this a word?), but is this a big deal? Is this something that falls under the 3/36K warranty (I am still under that until June)???

Thanks.

EVERY Viper I have taken apart has ripped boots. EVERY ONE!!!!!!!

Let's just say I've worked on a few.:D

Reaction score
The tear will let heat and fumes into the cabin. It will probably not be covered under the warranty, but you should probably get a new one IMO.

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Factory Part #4848038

Found mine ripped to sh*t when I put in the B&M, Jon provided the part number for me... haven't gotten over to a dealer to order one yet.

Without the boot, hot air comes up and out of the window switch area.

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did a search on the part number... The wizard posted about it back in 07, and says that part number is for Gen 1 and 2 Vipers...

So, I'm not really sure on that part number now as there seems to be a conflict with what JonB told me, and what the Wizard posted awhile ago.

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why don’t you check and see if you have one of those local mobile vinyl / leather repair guys. I know I have had spots in my old boat fixed as well as a hole in a seat where some **** dropped a lit cigarette onto my leather seat when top was down on my Vette! :mad:

Anyhow they do good work filling in holes and blending, if I recall up here was only like $35 and probably easier and cheaper than replacing?? Or if you take to them it may even be cheaper?? :dunno:

Just throwing another option out there for you.

Good Luck,

Tony2

OP
OP
A

AndrewDoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the rubber boot right off the tranny, not the leather one around the shifter.

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Duhhhhh sorry , you clearly stated that in your post too now that I re-read it. Apparently my reading comprehension skills aren’t so great tonight!! :)

Tony2

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tear will let heat and fumes into the cabin. It will probably not be covered under the warranty, but you should probably get a new one IMO.

Mark you need to put on your other glasses on! Andrew said he was still under the 3/36 and that shift boot IS covered under warranty!

Andrew I am the sublet shop for one of the local Dodge Dealers and I AM authorized to do warranty & recalls on Vipers!! If you'd like, give me a call and I WILL replace it under warranty for you! :cool:
914-763-3136

Viper World

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curious... what price does the rubber boot run for a Gen II :dunno: This part being the rubber boot beneath the leather cover,,,, not the actual shifter boot attached to the trans.

:usa:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper