A/C Blower Noise

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
On recently purchased 06 when turning on A/C, the blower motor squeeks.:sadpace: Any easy fix's or covered under warranty ? Any help is appreciated.:drive:

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on when the in-service date is, it might be covered under warranty. Otherwise, I don't think it's the hardest job in the world, and I'm sure someone on the board here will chime in on the part availability. I haven't torn into one on a Gen III/IV, but the Gen II is a breeze.

OP
OP
L

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm an ex-mechanic so I plan on trying to fix myself. I've met the local Dealer's Viper Tech & I'm sorry to say I wouldn't let him work on my lawnmower.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not hard to get fan out, up under the right side of the dash on the bottom of the heater-A/C box is the fan, five screws [the front screw is fun!], one plug...... clean it out and get some oil on the shaft of the fan motor. It has work on a few I've fixed.

OP
OP
L

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
It's not hard to get fan out, up under the right side of the dash on the bottom of the heater-A/C box is the fan, five screws [the front screw is fun!], one plug...... clean it out and get some oil on the shaft of the fan motor. It has work on a few I've fixed.
Thanks, I've built a few Street Rods years ago so I shouldn't mess up too much ( I Hope ).

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As Chuck said,it's not too tough a job.The worst of it is laying on your back and getting yourself into the passenger footwell to get the thing out.Once it's out,it'll be easy to get some oil on the shaft and bearing on its' end.It sits in a little pocket at the bottem of the housing,and any water that might get in gets to it.I just did mine,works perfectly now.

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way,while you're under there,remove the resistor block and check it too.Mine was bad and needed to be replaced when I got my '05.Turns out,when I removed it,there was a leaf stuck in the electrodes(?).It (the leaf)probably got wet and then shorted out the resistor block.It is located on the bottom of the duct,and as such is suceptable to any debris that finds its' way into the cabin air intake through the cowl.It was an easy,albiet expensive($132.00 for a resistor block)repair.

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're welcome.It was one of the early things that helped me here and I'm a new guy.This site is such a wealth of knowledge and great people.Welcome to the site.

OP
OP
L

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Yes, I agree. Being out of the VCA for 4 yrs made me feel like an orphan. The members are the best.Thanks