Measurement Help Needed...

wellis77

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Splitting time between Grand Rapids, MI and Zurich
I mentioned in a previous thread that I'm not a Viper owner, but am building a Viper themed Dodge Dart, from the ground up. I'm planning a full chassis for the car and was originally building the car off an Art Morrison chassis using C6 front suspension and a 3 link rear. I've since begun purchasing parts to build an IRS using a Gen 3 Viper rear and am investigating the possibility of adapting the entire Gen 3 front and rear suspension. If the measurements work out it would save me a lot of time and effort from building my own control arms and laying out the geometry. The problem is I don't have access to a Gen 3 Viper to get measurements so I'm hoping someone on this board would be willing to help. What I need is listed below:

-distance from front wheel flange (rotor flange) to upper control arm mount as well as the lower control arm mount
-same for the rear wheel
-if possible I'd also like to know the front to back angle of the upper & lower control arms and side to side angles of the control arms from the knuckle to respective mounts at ride height
-the last measurement I believe I would need is mounting hole to mounting hole distance for coil-over shocks (front and rear) at ride height
-pics would help too if possible

This will help me determine the width of my frame rails and plot out my suspension points. Track width isn't going to be a problem, I'm about 2.75" wider in front and .1" wider in the rear. The main thing is determining the rail width and getting the geometry the same as the Viper. I know this is asking a lot but any help you can provide is greatly appreciated OR, if there are any Gen 3 owners in the Grand Rapids, MI area (West MI) that wouldn't mind me coming by to take some measurements that would be great too.

Thanks a bunch. Will

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
... from building my own control arms and laying out the geometry ...

And you want to drive that "car" :dunno: on public roads :crazy2:

OP
OP
W

wellis77

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Splitting time between Grand Rapids, MI and Zurich
... from building my own control arms and laying out the geometry ...

And you want to drive that "car" :dunno: on public roads :crazy2:

It's been done before. If others can do it there is no reason I can't with careful planning. But if I can make it easier using already built and proven parts and geometry, I might as well, so long as it all fits.

V

Venomiss

Just sent you a PM with a whole bunch of contact information.

Good luck with it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper