Thinking about Viper... and new to the Forums!

sizzflair

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to say hi and wanted to thank you for the forum. I've been reading through just about everything and there are some good information on here.

Anyway, let me introduce myself real quick.

My name is Tyler and I'm currently 21. I'm currently a cadet at the US Military Academy. I've owned a 2006 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX STi. with minor bolt-ons that went 12.7 @ 108.xx and used to live in Michigan prior to coming to NY so it was the perfect car. Unfortunately, I don't get to keep the cars here until next spring (March, 2011) so I sold the STi two years ago.

I've saved quite a bit since I sold the STi and I am pretty much convinced that I will purchase a fun car once February-March comes around. Initially I was looking at Evo 9's (awd was awesome for all weather conditions).... but then realized that I'm not going to be driving except on weekends so I looked further. Supra MKIV came to mind so I researched those for a while. While I was looking and reading up on Supras, I came across this TT Viper. Needless to say, I fell in love and forgot the fact that a Dodge Viper used to be my favorite and my dream car when I was younger (still one **** car :D). I just never thought about it because I figured that they were way out of my price range. Well I was wrong :)

I'm torn between a Supra and a Viper at the moment. I guess I'll decide what kind of deals I can get once buying time comes around in February-March. It'll be an awesome 22nd Birthday gift lol.

I'd be on the watch for Gen 2 Viper GTS.... leaning towards yellow or red :D Blue sounds good too, but I've already owned a blue one so I could use a change :drive: I'll just keep reading and know as much as I can about Vipers so I'll be good to go if I was to pick one up.

here's my last ride:

You must be registered for see images attach

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy a 1996 or newer Viper to get atleast the 450 h.p. The Viper is the ONLY way to go..Forget about all other brands.....MY Personal opinion. I am on Viper number 6. You will be a happy man. Join the VCA and you will really enjoy owning it meeting tons of new people.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the boards. Pick up "The Viper Buyers Guide." Lots of useful info in that book and may help you decide on what viper you want.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to sway you towards a yellow viper but it definitely is the superior one just for it's shock factor. I love every minute of driving and even when it is parked. It is an attention monster.

Supra's are great cars but I wanted something more exclusive. You don't see vipers that often at all.

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome and I think you'll get alot more enjoyment out of a Viper than you will out of a Supra.If you have'nt yet,go drive one,and the decision will be easy.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello from the :uk:

Don't listen to those Yellow owners, What you need is a FAST RED ONE With Stickers :D

You must be registered for see images attach

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Good luck in your career, keep safe :2tu:

OP
OP
S

sizzflair

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha thank you for the warm welcome and plenty of good information. I'll definitely check out both vehicles. I'm still trying to decide between the ones with the ABS or Forged Pistons. I am planning to modify it (S/C or TT) in the future so I'm kind of leaning towards 97-99...

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sizzflair, I've had a lot of sports cars in my time and I'm here to tell you that the viper is the way to go. I'm on my 3rd viper and I still love them all. The handling, performance and look appeal that come with these cars are truly "unreel"......Good Luck with your decision!

BolsOut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From what I've seen looking at AutoTrader online & such, the Supras are Waaay overpriced (a product of the "Fast & the Furious" movies). Great car, Toyotas are top quality, but still...good luck finding one for a reasonable price.
:rolleyes:
Plenty of deals to be had on Vipers. Plus, you go rollin' up in a GTS side by side with a Supra, and nobody's gonna notice the Soop. Different level of BadA$$ altogether.
:headbang:
:usa:

SublimEd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ha HA, yes just make sure it is yellow and you will be good to go!
It is the fastest!!
Good luck!
Ed

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sizz; I sold my 500bhp '04 STi for my '99 ACR. It is much more fun than the STi, but it is not as fun to toss around because it is not as agile. However, the Viper makes up for it in every other way. My STi had $40k invested in mods and would get looks, but nothing like the Viper pulls in. Literally EVERYONE stares at you.

btw, red & yellow are the worst colors. ;)

My old STi:
You must be registered for see images

Nick

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Luck, Sizz! You KNOW you're on the VIPER forum, right???? ;) ;) VIPERS rule.
(I almost got a WRX myself years ago, nice car~!) And, hey, ANY color Viper is a VIPERRRRR, doesn't matter what color ya go with, get what you want and ENJOY safely! Thank you also for your service.
~juli

OP
OP
S

sizzflair

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nick - Nice STi you have there. Haha I can def. believe what you said... AWD is so stable... Red and Yellow look soo gooood :D But, I really don't mind color choices (maybe not the gray one lol) as long as it suits my needs. This is getting addicting looking at viperforums, ebay, autotader, etc. for my new baby haha.

Juli - thank you for your warm welcome. Since you live in NY, maybe we'll run into each other when I get a Viper.

I'm counting down... it's going to be an awesome birthday gift (Feb 9th)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nick - Nice STi you have there. Haha I can def. believe what you said... AWD is so stable... Red and Yellow look soo gooood :D But, I really don't mind color choices (maybe not the gray one lol) as long as it suits my needs. This is getting addicting looking at viperforums, ebay, autotader, etc. for my new baby haha.
Juli - thank you for your warm welcome. Since you live in NY, maybe we'll run into each other when I get a Viper.
I'm counting down... it's going to be an awesome birthday gift (Feb 9th)

sizz: Where are you located when you're not at the Academy? Once you get your Viper, let me know, and I'll hook ya up with our NY/CT Club if that's the region you wish to join. We'd be DE-lighted to have you onboard!~! :usa::2tu: Keep your dreams alive~~~:cool:
~juli

OP
OP
S

sizzflair

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My family lives in Michigan, but I hardly go back there... so I'll definitely look into NY/CT club so I can have some stuff to do on the weekends away from the Academy.

Thank you :D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be awesome! We had an event or two almost every single weekend, and we also had the BEST FALL for cruising too. We'd love to have ya...all my best~~juli

Ronvpr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great pick on a Viper. You are obviously are getting better taste now that you are considering a Viper. How much are you looking to spend?

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Viper CAN get you in trouble quickly! ABS can be a car saver if it came down to it. For someone who has a race back ground it might not be such an issue, but for a person who does not, could save you and the car.

Best of luck with the purchase! I got mine right before my 22nd birthday so I know what it will be like for you!

BTW, the Supra will not hold a candle to a Viper. Cant just compare numbers. It is the feel of a street legal race car that it all comes down to.

Best of luck!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome sizzflair. Good luck finding a nice one!

RED rules!

Say HI to my relatives when you go out eating at Schade's Deli restaurant!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you wanted to tackle the piston swap yourself, you could save a small fortune and have the ABS. But if not, the cost to have it done might not be worth it. I don't miss having ABS personally.

Either way you can't go wrong.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha thank you for the warm welcome and plenty of good information. I'll definitely check out both vehicles. I'm still trying to decide between the ones with the ABS or Forged Pistons. I am planning to modify it (S/C or TT) in the future so I'm kind of leaning towards 97-99...
You have a PM

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave