Noobie! Newbie! Nubee!

T-Rex

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the website and new to Viper ownership! I purchased my first Viper from Bernie Katz at the Tomball, Texas dealership. Although there were approximately 50 ACRs housed inside the dealership on the second floor (30 more on the way) with every color to choose from, I purchased the all black with the red driver's stripe. Due to Bernie's recommendation, I had the Belanger long tube headers and the Mopar Performance Package installed. Bernie was great to work with and even let me drive his personal car to see if the Viper fit my driving skills/personality. I LOVE THIS CAR!

I live in the FM 1960/Kuykendahl area of north Houston and plan to join the Houston regional VCA.

My wife, Bonnie, and I are looking forward to many great years of Viper(s?) ownership and VCA membership.

John Knowlton

BTW, my moniker is T-Rex because I have short arms and a big mouth, ask Bernie.

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Welcome, I also just joined.(after being away 4 yrs).You'll love the VCA 97 the car)because of the people.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you plan on tracking your car? I know of 2 other ACR's purchased local (houston area) in the last month. We are going to have fun at the tracks!

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the website and new to Viper ownership! I purchased my first Viper from Bernie Katz at the Tomball, Texas dealership. Although there were approximately 50 ACRs housed inside the dealership on the second floor (30 more on the way) with every color to choose from, I purchased the all black with the red driver's stripe. Due to Bernie's recommendation, I had the Belanger long tube headers and the Mopar Performance Package installed. Bernie was great to work with and even let me drive his personal car to see if the Viper fit my driving skills/personality. I LOVE THIS CAR!

I live in the FM 1960/Kuykendahl area of north Houston and plan to join the Houston regional VCA.

My wife, Bonnie, and I are looking forward to many great years of Viper(s?) ownership and VCA membership.

John Knowlton

BTW, my moniker is T-Rex because I have short arms and a big mouth, ask Bernie.

OP
OP
T

T-Rex

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do you plan on tracking your car? I know of 2 other ACR's purchased local (houston area) in the last month. We are going to have fun at the tracks!

Great question... Bernie Katz at the Tomball dealership suggested that I would really enjoy it. Since you are around the corner from me in Spring, we will have to meet for some beers and discuss it.:drinker:

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Great to have you in the club, enjoy your new car, and soon to be new viper friends.

I'm sure you will soon notice were all a little crazy abou vipers!:headbang:

OP
OP
T

T-Rex

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Great question... Bernie Katz at the Tomball dealership suggested that I would really enjoy it. Since you are around the corner from me in Spring, we will have to meet for some beers and discuss it.:beer:

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can do beer :beer: We have the Houston VCA Christmas Party this sunday. PM me if you are interested. Also, I will be going out to TWS (Texas World Speedway) this weekend for a two day DE. (Driver's education) I am leaving early on Sunday to make the dinner.

Tim

Great question... Bernie Katz at the Tomball dealership suggested that I would really enjoy it. Since you are around the corner from me in Spring, we will have to meet for some beers and discuss it.:beer:

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome!

I bought one of those ACR's Tim speaks of, solid SSG here, to go with my 99 GTS. Your car looks mean! Mine will be on the track a few times a year also, after I get some pointers from Tim.... :)

OP
OP
T

T-Rex

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can do beer :beer: We have the Houston VCA Christmas Party this sunday. PM me if you are interested. Also, I will be going out to TWS (Texas World Speedway) this weekend for a two day DE. (Driver's education) I am leaving early on Sunday to make the dinner.

Tim

Thanks for the VCA Christmas party invite, Tim. We have guests in this weekend, but they leave Sunday morning. The Warden gets home around noon today...I will get back to you with a response.

Thanks!
John

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PM replied, need to forward you the info asap

Thanks for the VCA Christmas party invite, Tim. We have guests in this weekend, but they leave Sunday morning. The Warden gets home around noon today...I will get back to you with a response.

Thanks!
John

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations T-Rex! While waiting to join the VCA, you can Private Message your VIN# to the administrators to UPGRADE you to VIPER OWNER (lee00blacksilvergts, kcobean, citysnake). Welcome to Viper Fever~~~you're in a great area, lucky you! :)
~juli

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations T-Rex! While waiting to join the VCA, you can Private Message your VIN# to the administrators to UPGRADE you to VIPER OWNER (lee00blacksilvergts, kcobean, citysnake). Welcome to Viper Fever~~~you're in a great area, lucky you! :) (Who is this 'WARDEN' you speaketh of??? :nono::omg::dunno::eater:)
~juli

OP
OP
T

T-Rex

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congratulations T-Rex! While waiting to join the VCA, you can Private Message your VIN# to the administrators to UPGRADE you to VIPER OWNER (lee00blacksilvergts, kcobean, citysnake). Welcome to Viper Fever~~~you're in a great area, lucky you! :) (Who is this 'WARDEN' you speaketh of??? :nono::omg::dunno::eater:)
~juli

Hi Juli, Thanks for the "Hello". I was born in Watertown, grew up in Ontario, New York, east of Rochester and have a sister that lives in Waterloo and a nephew (who probably is praying that I will "will" him the Viper) who lives in Lyons. BTW, are you folks from real upstate or one of those city people that think that Poughkeepsie is far northern New York.

Hmmmmm, the Warden also has another nickname - Jaws. (An earned moniker since she does not stop talking)

Yes, I live on the edge...:teeter:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Juli, Thanks for the "Hello". I was born in Watertown, grew up in Ontario, New York, east of Rochester and have a sister that lives in Waterloo and a nephew (who probably is praying that I will "will" him the Viper) who lives in Lyons. BTW, are you folks from real upstate or one of those city people that think that Poughkeepsie is far northern New York.
Hmmmmm, the Warden also has another nickname - Jaws. (An earned moniker since she does not stop talkingYes, I live on the edge...:teeter:

:rolaugh::rolaugh: Well, you were born not TOO far from my hometown of Syracuse! BUT, you know ALL about the snowbelt being in Ontario/Rochester too. Gosh, my AUNT used to live in Lyons! Small world indeeeeeeeeed. LOL...we are actually REAL Upstate (used to be Central NY, as you WELL know that one)...we are Albany, NY now.
YES you live on the edge allright, DUDE!!!! (So you KNEW who I was also talkin' bout, eyyyyy??? :nono::nono::nono::nono::D) Yes, WELCOME to the MADNESS, it never ends~:drive:
~juli

OP
OP
T

T-Rex

Viper Owner
Reaction score
congrats on a fine ride

hope to see you driving it all over houston :drive:

kool handle btw

:lmao:

Thank you. Hope to meet you at Brae Burn for the Holiday Party on Sunday. I am going to meet Tim on I45 so we can have a mini-train going. :santa2:

John

OP
OP
T

T-Rex

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome, I also just joined.(after being away 4 yrs).You'll love the VCA 97 the car)because of the people.

If we ever head East, we will get in touch with you...

John

V

Venomiss

Welcome and hope you can get the membership stuff done so you will be able to see a whole lot more of the site very soon.

Happy holidays and drive safely!

OP
OP
T

T-Rex

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome and hope you can get the membership stuff done so you will be able to see a whole lot more of the site very soon.

Happy holidays and drive safely!

Thanks for the welcome to VCA! I was lucky enough to join in time to attend the 2009 Houston Regional Christmas Party and met 24 other members. We have a great group and I look forward to the monthly activities.

John