Would you trade your Viper and cash for a Ford GT?

OP
OP
gofastr

gofastr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely the deal has gone away by now, so what did you do?
For now I'm keeping the Viper. I just can't justify giving my 2600 mile 08 Viper coupe with 600 hp and full warranty plus $75k for a 5000 mile 550 hp 2005 FGT
and no warranty.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread is too funny... I can't believe some of the comments. :lmao::lmao:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell Yes! Dark Blue or grey w/stripes for me. Probably first and only Ford I'd buy.

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd trade any GT for an ACR and money! Think a GT would come wayyyyyyy behind a collection of RT, GTS, ACR, A10 (the car!), AMV12 and a few others if i ever had a fortune....

EastTnMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not me. I realize that the GT is most likely one of the best vehicles ford has ever built, but to me (my opinion) they are one of the ugliest vehicles ever made. They do nothing for me, with the exception of making my GTS look perfect in my eyes.
Mike:drive:

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It Depends How MUCH CASH they want to give me plus the FURD!!!!!!! Can't ever see it happening. The Viper is the BEST Supercar ever, Why in the World would anyone want to step down in Performance, Styling, Handling to trade for a FURD. :D:D

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For now I'm keeping the Viper. I just can't justify giving my 2600 mile 08 Viper coupe with 600 hp and full warranty plus $75k for a 5000 mile 550 hp 2005 FGT
and no warranty.

Ya got a good point there, that's a big step when you look at the hard numbers.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Site sponser Buhler Dodge also has a Ford Dealership (same location as Dodge )just got in a 4 option near new 2200 mile black -silver stripe Ford GT. The ASKING price is 135 k GREAT DEAL if anyone is interested .Since they specialize in both brands Buhler is definately the place to go.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Site sponser Buhler Dodge also has a Ford Dealership (same location as Dodge )just got in a 4 option near new 2200 mile black -silver stripe Ford GT. The ASKING price is 135 k GREAT DEAL if anyone is interested .Since they specialize in both brands Buhler is definately the place to go.
DID NOT LAST LONG SOLD Friday for 130k.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe the answers some of you are writing... This is too funny. By the way... I have both cars and love them both. :rolaugh::rolaugh:

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK.. I hear this all day by too many people (I daily drive a ford truck)

Tell me, what are some of YOUR experiences with ford to hate the brand so much? It does not make any sense to me.

edit: wouldn't have to think twice about trading for a F-GT in any color

performanceandy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:drive: Do it...Do it! I have several Ford Gt's as well as Vipers, and the thing about the Ford Gt is it will grow in value over a short period of time! GREAT CARS!:2tu:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really??? What I'm seeing is the actual SELLING price of FGTs are dropping.:omg:
I dont know the one Darren had went in only a few days for 130k (sticker was like 157 )so ONLY a 27 k hit on a 5 year old car is beyond GREAT.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want a FGT, still.

Would I trade? Nope. Was at cars & coffee in Houston. There were 6-8 FGTs...1 ACR. But the FGT is Rare.... Not compared to the ACR.

Wanna go in a straight line extremely fast - FGT. Wanna turn a corner fast - ACR.

Buy it as a cool investment you can't lose on - FGT.

If they would just kill the Viper and quit monkey'n around with the build/don't build/we don't know where the future will take us crap then the ACR will immediately appreciate as well. Ford did it right, here's a bada$$ car, 4000 of them - ok, we're done. Viper - based upon what I saw at the 1st half of 2009, now the flood (especially of the ACRs) - just pull the plug already before the Vette takes the Ring title.

What do I know - I'm a *****.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62