Would you trade your Viper and cash for a Ford GT?

BolsOut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes. One of my Favorite Supercars. Rarity makes it extra valuable. Would still drive tha Hell outa it tho.
:D
:usa:
P.s. Pros/Cons? None. If you have the opportunity, do it, you only live once. Enjoy the car. I wouldnt compare a GT with a Viper, they're each a different approach to a similar end, and both very well executed.

Motivated

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why yes indeed, and then buy another viper later for a daily!

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
would depend on what kind of cash difference were talking. you can buy (2, maybe 3) 2006-2008 Vipers for the price of (1) 2006 FGT..

Answer, yes I would... If equity swap was in my favor. These GT's hold their value, so well..

Then again, for $150k or so. You can get into a pretty nice 03-04 Murci....

Last edited:

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own several Vipers and i would trade a viper & cash for another Ford GT

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NEVER....To me to GT40 is wayyy 0ver rated.The Viper is lots cheaper, lots prettier, lots faster and gets as much attention as any GT40. To me it would be stepping down in performance. Thats way I sold my 911 TWIN TURBO Cab S Porsche. Boring... :bonker::hitwithrock::buttkick::duh::no1::no1::no1:

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ehhh, depends on the deal. As much I like other cars, Gallardo, GT, etc. I don't desire to lose my Viper in order to get these vehicles.

Hoodoo Man

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:D
:usa:
P.s. Pros/Cons? None. If you have the opportunity, do it, you only live once. Enjoy the car. I wouldnt compare a GT with a Viper, they're each a different approach to a similar end, and both very well executed.[/quote]

I agree. They are very different and both are well executed critters. I'm lucky enough to own both and consider them the two best driving experiences I've had. The driving experience of the Merci can't touch the FGT. Just ask all the former Merci owners who now own FGT's. Two of the best from the U.S. :usa:

Larry

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are collecting get the Ford. For practicality and the occasional road trip keep the Viper. The GT with all of it's nooks and crannies gives new meaning to the word "detailing".

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll get some answer variation without specifying which Gen and style Viper you're comparing.

I think the GT is a more exotic car (all around) and I'd seriously consider a trade. The sole but material exception for me is the fixed roof. I'm just not sure that an exotic car, when used on the street, shouldn't be limited by anything short of the sky.

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ford GT is an awesome machine... would probably do a trade plus cash for one....then add a Whipple on it. I do think the Viper SRT coupe and GTS look better than the GT, it needs some aftermarket 20/22 combo wheels to set it off....

I just don't have enough cash to make it happen, so I don't have to worry about it...LOL!

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it. The GT is a very cool car and has some great aspects to it like mid engine and the handling that comes with it. In my opinion its too refined in ride and power to be a fun weekend car and too uncomfortable to be a luxuary "evening" car. The seats are AWEFUL, you could fall asleep in a GT on a drive from the smooth ride if it were not for the stiff, hard, uncomfortable, terrible seats! the maintenence cost is worse than the viper and harder to work on. I think if I had crazy money and a never ending garage I might consider owning a GT because of its rarity and being an American "exotic". But short of that I wouldn't even entertain the idea. When I go for a fun drive nothing beats the power of a viper, and while the GT has 500HP (i may be off) that hits the ground with unmatched control, in the end it just isn't as thrilling to drive.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a newer version, and the right price, Yep!

Sadly, my idea of 'right price' is pretty far from reality...:dunno:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It depends....

In 2010 the Viper ends, and we dont know for sure if the Viper name will be returning..The Vibe Im getting is the Viper is dead and gone...

Within a year of this snakes extinction prices will start to rise drastically ( it's a rare 8.x litre that shocked the world in speed and performance more than a few times)

So For a gen1 Id trade in a heartbeat unless I had the first year...Gen2 in a heart beat unless I had the first year blue and white ACR....Gen 3 in a heart beat unless I had the rare gen3 coupe....

Now if I was rolling a 2008 through 2010.....I probally wouldnt trade..Im really anticipateing these cars to raise in value DRASTICALLY after the extinction....As well...

Is a GT40 really that attractive?
A 2008 Viper is faster in every way
It's a FORD

Id sit on my Viper...Yea sure theirs a 100 of them on Ebay right now for sale...But watch a year from now....

Viper is gonna be rare.....

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
If collecting, yes.
If driving, no.

From a price|performance standpoint, it gets no better than the Viper.

Actually, that's probably not true. A Mustang probably has the best price|performance ratio.

But when you factor EVERYTHING in (performance, looks, exclusivity, fun, fahrvergnügen) the Viper has the best experience|price ratio. Who else offers a $100K car that can beat cars 2x - 5x as expensive?

For a supercar you can drive everyday, nothing beats the Viper.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It all boils down to this : Talk to someone that has both. If your chiming in & don't actually own both then how do you really know ? The owners are just as passionate about the Ford GT as are Viper Owners. Sure you can buy 3 Vipers for 1 GT depending upon the year, but Ford didn't have to devalue the car in order to sell. A very high percentage of Ford GT's are selling at MSRP or over, can we say that about the Viper? Don't get me wrong i love my Vipers.