New V10 owner

800SX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Thought I would introduce myself, I'm not a new viper owner but I am a new Viper V10 owner. I'm based in England, UK so parts and knowledge isn't that readily available here :(

I've basically bought a 8.0 V10 out of a 1993 RT-10 Viper and am installing it into a Nissan 200SX (240SX in USA). Mad I know but I thought why not.

So I am basically here for technical knowledge on the engine and cheap power upgrades. I have read about 708 cams, but am having trouble sourcing a pair of them :(

Also planning on changing the head gaskets as the standard items seem to be made out of cork or similar, so I think a pair of Cometic MLS ones will work a treat.

What I really do need though is a workshop manual on the engine if anyone knows where I can source one?

Anyhow here is a pic to compare what I'm up against.

Viper engine next to the cars original 4 cylinder engine.
attachment.php

Any help would be appreciated :)
Dan

Attachments

• V10 Viper 4.jpg
    V10 Viper 4.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 114

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have fun doing that - I know a ViperTech here (!) and he did a Viper V10 into a WRANGLER- biturbo +700 hp - LOTS OF WORK AND TIME.

Dont know whether it would be cheaper for you to get a real Viper instead of a NISSAN (what's that, BTW?) with a V10!

Prices for Vipers are low and exchange rates are great (oh, wait, you are in NO-EURO-LAND :rolleyes:).

OP
OP

800SX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah the GBP isn't that good at the moment.

The main purpose for the viper/Nissan is for drifting.

The Nissan is a really good drift car but lacks reliability due to a small 4 *** engine, I'm hoping a 8 litre lump is very unstressed and will be reliable :)

I'm currently making headers for it, using the Ram ones with custom header>head flanges.

Dan :)

OP
OP

800SX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm upgrading to Coilovers, weight won't be an issue.

Alot of us upgrade to the Skyline engines, and these only weigh about 50kg less than the viper lump due to their cast iron blocks. I can't see it moaning about the extra 50kg.

I will be massively beefing up the engine crossmember and chassis though :)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
DAN...for starters, why are you looking for a "PAIR OF CAMS" ? The V-10 is a single cam unlike the 4-******. {so, we already saved you a few hundred $$ !}

You do have the rare and desirable 4-rib magnesium intake....

We have the exact upgraded gaskets you seek in stock, at less than 50% of Dodge prices. We should talk about throttle bodies and careful intake honing-port matching, and headers. We might have the 93 manual as well. Call us, we are 8 hours "earlier" here, so call in your early evening? GOOD LUCK !

........I've basically bought a 8.0 V10 out of a 1993 RT-10 Viper and am installing it into a Nissan 200SX (240SX in USA). ......
So I am basically here for technical knowledge on the engine and cheap power upgrades. I have read about 708 cams, but am having trouble sourcing a pair of them .

Also planning on changing the head gaskets ,,,,,,,What I really do need though is a workshop manual on the engine if anyone knows where I can source one?

attachment.php

Any help would be appreciated ..Dan

Last edited:
OP
OP

800SX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So one cam does both heads? that's mad :D fair enough though I'm not arguing :no:

Is the 4 rib intake a better design than the others though? and I also take it only certain models came with them?

I'll try and drop you a call later Jon :)

Dan :2tu:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan best of luck!

And you might also want to look up an exploded view of that motor for a better visual of the cam. It is in a funny spot! Think pushrod! ;)

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Makes more sense than multiple cams and added complexity which leads to unreliability :p

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan
get yourself over to pistonheads.com, thats where the UK forum is there's always engine parts floating around for sale, and there's also plenty of viper knowledge

we have some highly modded viper engines here pushing out big HP

recently here there has been a viper engine fitted into a Dax and a VW, so shouldnt be a problem in a Nissan ;)

one our UK bunch has been known to do a spot of drifting in their GTS :drive:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62