2000 Dodge Viper

pgbeek

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just purchased this a couple of weeks ago.
2000 Viper (Red) 4,000 miles on it. I have lots of questions and yes I will Join VCA.

Did these cars have floor mats?
I'd like to know if anyone knows the model of this Alpine Radio.
(see pic) I think it has a six cd changer? Their are six buttons on the radio (1-6)
I don't have a owners manual for radio or car.

Any help would be Appreciated.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome, you bought a great car! My 2000 has floor mats, but I don't think the CD has a changer. I think the buttons are just for the presets for the radio. Frankly, I hardly ever use the radio. I think you can still order a manual from any Dodge dealer, or a service manual for about $75 (a good investment if you plan to do anything yourself).

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great choice. The Alpine stereo came as a single disc player with a 6 disc player option that mounted in the trunk/rear (I think). 2000 DODGE VIPER FACTORY SERVICE SHOP REPAIR MANUAL 00 on eBay.ca (item 290371755248 end time 18-Dec-09 15:57:38 EST)

Without a manual you can't do anything to your car. Many Dealers know nothing about Vipers and for that reason Dodge has specially trained "Viper Techs". Many of us use Chuck (the wizard) Tator, Jonb of PartsRack.com - Home for parts, sean roe of www.roeracing, Larry Macedo of Macedo Motorsports, www.viperspecialties.com etc. and other members as our library and technical info archive.

Send me a PM if the Alpine # is that important and I'll go out to my shop and copy down the tech data for you.

Personally, I hope that you'll be supercharging that particular beauty so that it will be faster than the ever vette made?

Congratulations

Ted

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can order an owners manual for about $17 here:

Chrysler Corporation
C/O DDS Distribution Services
1430 Lowell Street
Elyra, OH 44035
1-800-890-4038

Check your ***

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrads and welcome to the viper experience. I don't believe the cars came with floor mats. Mine did but I bought it used and the dealer threw them in because they had some laying around. As stated before the alpine head unit is a single disc player. As far as an owners manual goes check with one of our vendors to see if they have one laying around. JonB@partsrack to start.

Not to jump on you right away but one suggestion I would make is to get new tires for your car. In the pic it looks like you have the OEM's on the car. Jon B car probably give you a sweet deal on some tires.

Welcome to viper ownership...It's going to be a wild and very fun experience!!!!
Just purchased this a couple of weeks ago.
2000 Viper (Red) 4,000 miles on it. I have lots of questions and yes I will Join VCA.

Did these cars have floor mats?
I'd like to know if anyone knows the model of this Alpine Radio.
(see pic) I think it has a six cd changer? Their are six buttons on the radio (1-6)
I don't have a owners manual for radio or car.

Any help would be Appreciated.
You must be registered for see images attach

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
JonB sells floormats and I bought an extra pair to carry for carshows so the floor looks clean after driving my car for thousands of miles. He also gave me a Blue one for free.

Ted

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever you do, don't get the floormats from Crysler, they ****. They crawl all over, wedge under your pedals, and the **** on the backside come off. They can be made to work, but there are several aftermarket mats that work much better without the headaches. Yes, they cost more but are of better quality. MHO

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lloyd floor mats are what I finally settled on. They also make a matching mat for the rear (GTS). They probably make a trunk mat for the RT10. Great quality and I bet several of the sponsors sell them.

V

Venomiss

Welcome!
Here is a listing of good information on Viper techs as posted by a moderator here that might be helpful for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton
There are some terrific Techs out there , and a couple that are also worth mentioning are Dan Cragin ( DC Performance ) in the LA area, and Tom Sessions at D&E Dodge in Wilmington , North Carolina.

Dan is no longer with a Dodge Dealership, but for superior service in the Golden State, I can not think of anyone better to have work on your Snake.

Tom Sessions is a great friend and I recommended him to Skip Thomas years ago to be his Chief of Tech. Tom has earned friends around the States for his good natured , good ole Southern boy attitude, and many folks in the South rely on Tom.

As for Chuck , who says he is moldy, er ........I misread, they said they threw away the mold. He is topnotch and all of the guys above love Vipers, and that is the main ingredient as to why they do great work and have loyal followings. I used to joke with my customers on the East Coast that when you sent a car to Chuck he adopted your car. He is a fun character , just a little bit right of ultra right wing, but he would take care of Hillary Clinton if she owned a Viper.

Another good tech is Eddie Martin at Bill Luke in Phoenix, and he has worked on everything from stock Snakes to racing Vipers, so he is a great choice for folks in that area.

In Wisconsin, Cory Gehling at Snake -Oyl Products/Collector's Choice is also quite talented and a solid wrench on the Viper -- racing and street.

In Minnesota ( Duluth )you can not forget John Archer and crew at Archer Racing Accessories , with their solid race prep for Viper Days and beyond, these guys really know the Venomous beast we all love.

I may have gone a bit out of the realm , as many do not realize that some of these folks are not Dodge Dealers, but for alot of routine maintenance and other things they have years of experience and are well respected. Every listed will do what some consider mundane jobs like changing your oil, as they all have the same fever we exist under --- no cure, but who wants one?

Respectfully Submitted,
Bill Pemberton

Nice roll call there Willie da P. But you are missing a big time name.
Be careful when you go out to the Viper Service Area, he's a lot bigger than you.:omg:

Seriously.....Mark Jorgensen, Viper Service Manager at Woodhouse. Everyone else on this list is also a known Viper Genius Superstar Viper Tech.
But Mark is the only guy I know that answers his cell all weekend for ANY Viper owner. I have personally saved 3 Viper owners who were marooned on the road with that cell number. Some with heavily modded cars and the mods caused the problem. He always has the answer.
Now if we could just get Chuck Tator to CARRY a cell we could divide up the country into two emergency zones.
No disrespect to Dan or Tom or any of the guys Bill mentioned, they probably take cell calls on the weekend too, they are also top of the list.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Good place for quality floor mats is the Northern California Viper Club. They have been manufactured for years as Club money maker and they are of great quality. The new mats from Chrysler are fine, but for the older cars , the NorCal VCA mats are plusher and do not slide around.

Enjoy going ******* !!!

OP
OP
P

pgbeek

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Everyone I really appreciate all the knowledge. I just printed the form out for the floor mats. I live in Southern OH and the OH president told
me of a dodge dealer I could take my car to get it serviced.
I make my income from a lawn & landscape business and almost broke the bank
on the car so I have to wait till spring for revenue to return.
I plan on purchasing a "Car lift in the spring ($2000) so I can have more space for my equipment. I'm just waiting for a sunny day to drive it.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
4,000 miles? Might need some seal changes soon.

You'll be able to polish that puppy all winter long! Might want to upgrade the stereo (and/or) speakers for something to do since I imagine there's not a lot of landscaping work throughout the winter.

I installed a Bluetooth stereo in my 01 GTS because I hate phones and it's difficult for me to hear on cell phones. My Premier BT stereo has Sirrius Sat. radio, ipod cable (installed in the glove box per Illustrated Upgarde) for the wife and daughter, Hertz speakers and it ROCKS! Great for cranking up the tunes while working in my garge. Gov of BC and Ontario as well as many states have banned the use of hand held cell phones in cars so I'm covered now. I can also speak and hear as if the person on the phone is sitting in my passenger seat. Not that I turn it while at the road course but ... JonB (PartsRack.com - Home) was riding my passenger seat in Portland one day and while we were blasting about 150mph down the front straight he suddenly pulled his phone out of his pocket and yelled into it, "Hi, this is Jon. I'm riding around the track right now and can't hear you through my crash helmet but I'll be back at the office tomorrow and happy to take your call then!" :) Jon never took his eyes off the track and put his phone back in his pocket. I maybe should have had Blue Tooth back then? haha.

You weren't planning on driving that car with original tires were you? PS2s are amazing. You may wish to keep the originals - just for originality and an extra set of "Parking rims and tires"?

Be supercareful on those old tires - they are probably #2 for crash reasons. #1 being stupidity.

OP
OP
P

pgbeek

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've heard a couple of people comment on the tires being OEM what makes them so bad? Everybody recommends a change but no one states
what is wrong with them. Are most people just admiting their are new and better tires on the market?

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard a couple of people comment on the tires being OEM what makes them so bad? Everybody recommends a change but no one states
what is wrong with them. Are most people just admiting their are new and better tires on the market?

"AGE" they get hard with time..ie..NO grip/traction! :omg:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's not the OEM part. Michelin Pilot Sports are great. It is the fact that they are probably at least 10 years old if they are the original tires.

There is some controversy here about the issue. Many threads talk about it. Here is one. Many people attribute wrecks to hard tires. Either because they "got on it" while the tires were cold, or because they were equally hard due to chronological age caused by heat or sunlight or ozone.

My view is that the typical person who buys a Viper wants to enjoy the performance characteristics that it represents. It can't do that on 10 year old tires. Many will say that old tires are downright dangerous. It really is hard to prove.

A guy at the track yesterday came out with 1999 or earlier date code tires. He wet home after one drive on them on a curvy road. That's after having driven an hour to get there, plus 8 miles down a bad road. He had no issue with them in city driving. He found out that he REALLY did not want to drive spiritedly on those tires. It was no fun to drive, and that's what most of us bought the car for, one way or the other.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The newly devleoped Michelin Pilot Sports 2 are the best street tires money can buy. Not only do they have far superior tracion compared to new Rundcraps (ZPs) and Pilot Sports 1, but these PS2s are great in the rain which makes them a safer tire.

All these Michelin tires were developed to Dodge specs for each generation of Viper. GM even put a set of skinnier PS2s onto their ZR1 instead of the Goodyears all their other vettes come with.

Ted

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey congrats on the new car.

Couldn't agree more with your choice of car and color...

:rolaugh::lmao::rolaugh::lmao:

But, seriously, nice car.

And, of course, you know you got the fastest car because it is
R E D