new owner of a 98 Red GTS

Wyoming_54

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am suppose to be meeting the transport tomorrow. I can't wait. I bought a 98 Red GTS. I will post pics once I get the car. I only skipped school one day in high school and it was to go check out some vipers at the local dodge dealer. They were traveling in a group I think going to Indy. Anyway one the cars hit a curb and damaged the rear suspension, so the group was waiting on that car to be fixed. I never thought on that day I could ever own one. I also never thought in high school I would ever own a vette and I bought one last year and paid cash for it. I was always a camaro guy. I had a 79 Z 28 in high school and have a 89 Iroc and a 93 TA now. The only thing that ***** is the Viper will sit for months before I drive it. Winter in Wyoming gotta love it.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your purchase!!! You are going to love the GTS. Great year too...has the lumpier 708 Cam, forged internals, etc. How many miles? You'll be hooked on Vipers for life now. :2tu:

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, that do ****. If you get a chance to get it out though, be extra careful. Cold rubber and Vipers can be dangerous. Congrats on new purchase.
-chip

OP
OP
W

Wyoming_54

Enthusiast
Reaction score
16,000 miles. I talked to the transport driver and he said he could not find any blemishes on the car anywhere he thought it was new.

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations!!!

A little over a year ago I was a proud new owner of my first Viper and it too is a '98 Red (and silver) GTS. There are still many days that I enjoy just looking at the car - seems a little silly. My second car is being delivered later today and I'm just as excited as I was for the first one.

It is a little frustrating living in an area of the country where we have to put these cars away for six months but it is an awesome car.

My advice...learn as much as you can about "vipers" because you will be asked about them averywhere you go.

Please post photos after the car arrives.

Enjoy and good luck, Lee

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. I still remember the day my car came as if were yesterday. Boy I bet there are not too many Vipers in Wyoming.....do you have nay idea how many??

OP
OP
W

Wyoming_54

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know of four other vipers in town. And I know two people who have vipers and not sure if they still do ( one was wrecked, and the other now has a twin turbo vette).

That I know of in Gillette, WY

Maroon SRT 10 Vert

White SRT 10 Vert

Red 1st gen RT10

Yellow GTS

And My Red GTS

Sn8kebit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi guys I am also a new viper owner, I just got myself #323 final edition viper gts on Sunday. Can you believe I haven't driven it yet I picked it up on Sunday on a close trailer, came in late after a 14 hr drive and parked in the garage eagerly waiting fir the weekend to drive it out. I will post pictures of the pristine machine later.
The reason I have jacked this thread is I want to ask if you bought your car from a viper broker in San Francisco because your car description matches to a car that was parked next to mine and was sold to someone in Wyoming and if you are I saw your car.
Anyways I will post pics of my FE 323

rudedawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new car, I know how your feeling. Got mine about a month ago and had the thrill of putting a few hundred miles on it and now it's away for the winter

OP
OP
W

Wyoming_54

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here are some pics

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, you certainly are lucky that you have other Vipers in town to hang out with if you want. I have the only Viper in my town so if I drive it's usually alone. I'll be moving soon to Albuquerque so I am looking forward to that.

Sn8kebit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome Wyoming_54 and Sn8kebit !! You two have pick the Best color

Sn8kebit make sure you register your Final Edition Viper GTS at
Dodge Viper Final Edition Registry

I will, I think is registered under the previous owner but I surely will change the name TO ME. Any ways I will be posting pictures of my car on another thread since I don't want to continue jacking Wyoming_54 thread. By the way your car was very clean too I couldn't believe it was a 98' car it was as clean as mine. Chris actually told me that the previous owner almost shared a tear with him when he took the car away. Funny like we car enthusiats treat our cars like they are our babies.

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new Viper. It will put smiles on your face--especially with some basic mods. Be sure to assess the age of your tires before you push it. I got mine with "new looking" original tires, with lots of tread--they were scary, to say the least. If they are original, figure on some tires asap. Excellent color choice, by the way, red is most certainly the fastest....:drive::2tu:

OP
OP
W

Wyoming_54

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It took me and five other guys half an hour to try to open the hood, then I called Chris at star city motors to ask him. I also had my first question I couldn't answer. What is the body made out of? I know vettes are fiberglass but I wasn't sure on the viper. I know it's some kind of composite but not sure if it is fiberglass or something else? On a funny note my best freind has alwas been a corvette guy. At first he thought I was nuts getting a viper over a vette. He came out to the the shop yesterday and say my viper for the first time and fell in love, he doesn't want a vette anymore. He wants a viper....

Red Devil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONGRATS!! You will love this car!! Most of the time I just stare at mine when its raining out. Get ready to be a celeb everywhere you go.I have the only GTS in town here. Hard to go anywhere without Questions ETC.I still have the original tires on mine and they ARE scary. RED looks good on any car but really good on the GTS. These cars to me run like they close to 500hp than the 450-460 with K&N. ENJOY!!