South Florida Chapter Dyno Day

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The chapter had its dyno day today. Thanks to Ivan ** and Doug Levin for arranging it. For us, it was a cool, dry day which helped the results.

I did two runs with my car. Everything was as I usually drive it except we took the air filter out for the runs. ( It was very dirty.) It was a Dynojet Research dynamometer.

Here are the smoothed results ( Smoothing:3 ) for the two runs:

First run: 12:04:03 P.M., 77.92 degrees, 30.14 in-Hg, Humidity: 32%, SAE: 0.98, Max Power= 683.45 RWHP, Max Torque= 609.44 RWTQ.

Second run: 12:10:16 P.M., 78.69 degrees, 30.14 in-Hg, Humidity: 30%, SAE: 0.98, Max Power= 685.47 RWHP, Max Torque+ 615.45 RWTQ.

So, using a 12% driveline loss assumption, the flywheel HP and Torque for the best run was : 778.94/699.37.

For those who do not know the car, here is a full description of the car:

2006 SRTC with Paxton supercharger, competition coupe swing arm oil pan, DC blower tune, cooler thermostat and plugs, MGW/Woodhouse shift mechanism, 2008 transmission, yolk, drive shaft and differential, Racelogic traction control, Corsa catback exhaust, 2008 hood, Eibach springs, Moton Sport shocks - corner balanced with track settings, ACR wheels and tires. Woodhouse Performance engine and transmission mounts. The interior has two changes. The shift bezel is lighter, lower and powder coated satin black to match the wheels. The door grasps are also powder coated satin black to match the wheels. The car was/is the first officially certified Woodhouse Performance Edition Viper. The plenum was autographed by Herb Helbig at CAAP after he inspected the car on the line while it was being built. The Owner's Manual is autographed by Ralph Sjoberg and Dick Winkles.

I am very pleased with the results. To quote Doug: "That's a strong car".

Last edited:

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to leave early....so who got the king of the hill trophy you or Doug Levin....can't beat those Paxton supercharged cars!!!

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug's car had a built engine with a different pulley, etc. It was a monster. The second of its two runs produced 1012 HP at the flywheel. It was so loud that there are zombies wandering around Davie, Florida tonight wondering who woke them up from the dead. LOL.

ScrewDrvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
damn, thats some nice numbers for a basically stock block car. How much boost and was this on straight pump?

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Art. No one keeps anything as clean as you do. Your car is a sterile field.

Thanks Doug. It was embarrassing for a few moments before I remembered that I had to turn off the Racelogic TC in order to dyno the car. Dah. The DC blower tune does a good job on the stock kit. They adjust it for each person's respective mods. I guess they have such a large data base of variations that once a customer tells them what is on the car, they can provide the tune. Of course, it would not be quite so simple for a tuner car like the monster you had there that day. The Zombies are still running around wondering who woke them up. The Army could use the car to control enemy forces through sound.