New to the Comp Coupe

Viper 55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As with my other Vipers, I've found that the VCA "Forum" has helped me in getting answers to questions that arise from time to time. I want thank all of my Viper friends who have helped me learn about the CC so far and I now also hope to tap into the knowledge of all of you CC owners around the world via this Forum.

My CC is running the Motec ADL 8, 320 D, Version. Looking for someone who may have the same Motec version. Is it worth getting the needed equipment (UTC, cables, ) and taking the time to learn?
Is there a manual on how to use the system? I know where to get the computer download so that's not an issue.

My CC has a manual engine fan. The fan switch is located on the dash and is always in the "on position". When the car is started, the fan will come on. Question, is it worth getting an automatic fan relay so the fan kicks on when needed?

Hoosier tires. 13-14 heat cycles (which is about 20 minutes on the track?) out of a set of tires (depending how hard you drive).

Tire pressure for racing 25-27 lbs.

Is it worth using Nitrogen in the tires verse air for consistency of tire pressure?

When storing the CC during the winter, what is the best way to handle the Hoosier tires to prevent flat spots on the tires?

Brakes: Is it worth upgrading the brakes? My CC is a 2005 and running stock brakes throughout.

Lastly (for now), any reasonable upgrades to consider.

Thanks for taking the time.

Last edited:

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As with my other Vipers, I've found that the VCA "Forum" has helped me in getting answers to questions that arise from time to time. I want thank all of my Viper friends who have helped me learn about the CC so far and I now also hope to tap into the knowledge of all of you CC owners around the world via this Forum.

My CC is running the Motec ADL 8, 320 D, Version. Looking for someone who may have the same Motec version. Is it worth getting the needed equipment (UTC, cables, ) and taking the time to learn?
Is there a manual on how to use the system? I know where to get the computer download so that's not an issue.

My CC has a manual engine fan. The fan switch is located on the dash and is always in the "on position". When the car is started, the fan will come on. Question, is it worth getting an automatic fan relay so the fan kicks on when needed?

Hoosier tires. 13-14 heat cycles (which is about 20 minutes on the track?) out of a set of tires (depending how hard you drive).

Tire pressure for racing 25-27 lbs.

Is it worth using Nitrogen in the tires verse air for consistency of tire pressure?

When storing the CC during the winter, what is the best way to handle the Hoosier tires to prevent flat spots on the tires?

Brakes: Is it worth upgrading the brakes? My CC is a 2005 and running stock brakes throughout.

Lastly (for now), any reasonable upgrades to consider.

Thanks for taking the time.

Did anyone ever contact you...if not pm and I will help you as best as I can.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper