Headroom for 95 Versus..

Broch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
..headroom in a Gen 2/3/4 Coupe, is there more? With the cloth top on my gen 1, it's impossible to sit up straight. I know about lowering kits, but I wanted to know how much more in a couple in later years?

- Broch

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
..headroom in a Gen 2/3/4 Coupe, is there more? With the cloth top on my gen 1, it's impossible to sit up straight. I know about lowering kits, but I wanted to know how much more in a couple in later years?

- Broch

FWIW, I am somewhere between 6'3 and 6'4 and I have enough headroom in my Gen II GTS to wear a helmet. No lowering kit.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a solid 6-4 and in my GTS I have plenty of head room (no helmet but a ball cap) but leg room is not luxurious (36"+ inseam on me). That was w/o a seat lowering kit. I did put in a 1" kit just because and I do like it better now.

I also sat in an '06 before buying my GTS and the first thing I had to do when I got in it was take my cap off. No head room. But plenty of leg room. It was at a dealer lot and therefore no seat kit - factory height.

kenmo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 6'2" with a 2001 GTS. I'm just throwing a hail out for the seat lowering kit. I got a 2" kit for Christmas and installed it. I highly recommend it!! Gave me so much more visibility, leg room, and plenty of room for a helmet.

Leatherman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FWIW, I am somewhere between 6'3 and 6'4 and I have enough headroom in my Gen II GTS to wear a helmet. No lowering kit.

Headroom is actually nothing to do with height, that dictates legroom, it all depends on the size of your butt because that is what you sit on. :rolaugh:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Headroom is actually nothing to do with height, that dictates legroom, it all depends on the size of your butt because that is what you sit on. :rolaugh:

Height is a factor in headroom. That, factored with the proportion of upper body length to lower body length (the location of your ass not the size of it) determines both headroom and legroom.

I look reasonably average height when seated. But as I am a bit leggy, when I stand the 6-4 really shows. My ass is therefore higher off the ground than maybe other people that are 6-4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper